What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, cheers, Brent. I only call them creamed if they're packed with butter and cream/milk - a friend has introduced me to a potato ricer and I've been in soft fluffy potato heaven for several days :D
Ah, my favorite potatoes are loaded with butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Oh and chives. They aren’t healthy anymore, but darned good.

Leftovers from deer camp.

We eat really good at deer camp. On Thursday, we had coffee rubbed venison tenderloin (YES that is a deer tenderloin - that buck was HUGE), white beans and rice with duck sausage (kind of like red beans and rice using navy beans), quinoa tabbouleh, and biscuits. (BlueJoy, that's what WE call biscuits, LOL)
6g7h6yf.jpg

Last edited:
Leftovers from deer camp.

We eat really good at deer camp. On Thursday, we had coffee rubbed venison tenderloin (YES that is a deer tenderloin - that buck was HUGE), white beans and rice (kind of like red beans and rice using navy beans), quinoa tabbouleh, and biscuits. (BlueJoy, that's what WE call biscuits, LOL)
6g7h6yf.jpg
That looks good.

Last night, just grilled some T-bones on the grill (with my wife's special marinade). Had some angel hair garlic pasta on the side. (steaks were on sale at WD for $5/lb.)

Tonight, london broil was on sale for $4/lb, so sliced some up into strips, marinated. Cut up some broccoli florets, some onion, and some mushrooms, and we'll make some Beef & Broccoli tonight. (McCormick has a beef and broccoli mix, and we'll add some soy and a bit of teriyaki sauce to it, along with some other spices). Serve that over some white rice. (we prepped all the cutting, etc. ahead of time, so we can just cook it when we get home).

(note: the broccoli stalks went to the rabbits, we don't waste anything here. They just loved em).

Last edited:
I'm making some pigs in a blanket for the get together with friends this weekend. Basically those little smokies sausages...then I use the Grands (flaky layers) biscuits. I also cut some small pieces from a block of cheddar, and put that with the sausage and wrap, and bake. Man they are good.

For work's potluck, I'm making a Christmas cake. Spice cake, with a shaped pan of a house. Caramel icing for the house, Cream cheese icing for the snow on the ground and on the roof of the house. Mike and Ike's fruity flavors make great "lights" for the strings of lights iced on to the house. Hershey bar blocks make good shutters for the windows. Gel icing for the windows. M&Ms for ornaments on the trees outside.

Last edited:
The way the weather is today, grilled cheese sandwiches and split pea soup tonight

Tomorrow night, we're doing the spanish chicken soup we planned earlier, and sandwiches. (for the same reason...weather...and clearing our sinuses).

Baked gammon with (yet more) mash and a parsley sauce. My landlady doesn't really do much by way of veg, so I'll be stuffing myself with coleslaw tomorrow after a) making a pheasant and ham pie with bits of mushroom and bacon, b) painting the bathroom and c) putting up a new curtain rod.

Gammon = Ham that is cured or smoked like bacon.

Yes, I had to look it up. Where the heck do you even get pheasant? (other than hunting). It's probably at the family market I go to about 1/mo. Great place for meats and deli, (and some really odd old school stuff, like turn of the century type meds), but everything else there is overpriced....so we typically just get some meats and the odd stuff there, then go shopping/shopping at Winn Dixie (prices and meats) and Publix (for bogos and produce only). Used to do the produce stand, but with just the two of us, the quantities to buy there are just too much.

Pan I was going to use for the Christmas house cake (it's a castle pan) is a bit big for the covered pan I'm taking it in, so have to change out to doing a smaller, santa cake instead. Same flavors, just different look. I'll take a pic once it's done, and post it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back