What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised the carrots had to cook longer than the potatoes, but it sounds amazing.

Oddly, not sure what we're doing tonight. We've got a few different meals worth of leftovers (as we're feeling out how much to cook for 3, vs. 2, now that our son is back home). So probably just that, but it's also payday, so we may just go out. We'll see.

Ooh, Red Lobster has Endless Shrimp right now...... :D
The potatoes were canned by me last year, so during the canning process are pretty much cooked allready. They become mashed potatoes if you cook them the entire time with the roast and carrots. I’ve learned to adapt to what I’m using each time. I usually like to undercook my vegetables a little anyways as I don’t like mushy ones and think they have more flavor when still firm.

"Mange tout" refers to both sugar snap peas (Pisum sativum var. macrocarpon) which are fat,
Sugar-Snap-Peas.jpg

And snow peas (Pisum sativum var. saccharatum) which are skinny.
snow-peas.jpg

Last edited:
One of Sabrina Ghayour's lovely Persiana dishes: leg of lamb rubbed with a paste of garlic, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, coriander and cumin, then slow-roast for five hours and served with a dry dip of salt, paprika, thyme and more cumin, accompanied by roast potatoes, onion and squash. Three small taster desserts: caramelised apple tart, chocolate profiterole, lemon cream and raspberry tart. Various wines, some lovely Comté and some tea. Food of the gods.

One of Sabrina Ghayour's lovely Persiana dishes: leg of lamb rubbed with a paste of garlic, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, coriander and cumin, then slow-roast for five hours and served with a dry dip of salt, paprika, thyme and more cumin, accompanied by roast potatoes, onion and squash. Three small taster desserts: caramelised apple tart, chocolate profiterole, lemon cream and raspberry tart. Various wines, some lovely Comté and some tea. Food of the gods.
Wow!

Lunch: spicy potato salad, rice-stuffed vine leaves, artichoke hearts and sourdough bread, then almond and blueberry tart with a cup of fennel tea.

Dinner: roast wild duck with crisp streaky bacon, roast potato and squash, sautéed chard with a little garlic, shallots in sherry. The carcass is stripped and in the stock pot for soup, and I've got meat for a little stir-fry lunch tomorrow.

Haha, after feast comes the... well, the decidedly not feast. I was taking up some shirt cuffs and forgot about dinner. Nut burger from the freezer, then!

Running around like a blue-arsed fly, getting ready to start my new study this coming Saturday, so everything needed to be quick and easy yesterday: muesli, then toast, smoked streaky bacon and black pudding.

A big part of my diet is bagged salad, supplemented with cucumbers, my tomatoes, black and green olives, onion, carrots and a bit of mozzarella cheese on top. Then I take some of Wendy’s Chile, piping hot and pour it directly on the cheese so it melts it some. The chili is way better than most salad dressings and I really like the stuff. Homemade taco salad. Not bad and I’m still loosing weight.

Latest posts

Back