We are DOOMED, again, or are we, or is it to late????

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BP. That is a fallacy perpetuated by the Man made global warming green weanies. I don't pretend to be be an expert on anything but I have been involved in the oil industry for many years around the world. So I have a little insight in oil production and new discoveries.
I also worked in Antarctica for 7 years. The ice is NOT melting. It continues to grow and receed just like it has for millions of years. I have found palm tree fossils in Antarctica. I guess that means that it had a tropical climate at one time. Now it's covered in ice, should we be worried about global cooling then?
Some people will fall for anything that will bring some drama in to their lives.

Climate changes on the natural order that's a given with historical and geological records, problem is we don't live long enough to see the changes complete a cycle. Man tries to quantify it's prediction on man's time and not a geological time scale. People blur the lines between man's produced global warming and natural climate change, global warming and global cooling is a geological event. About every 400 years it seems we go through a period of cold and warm periods, witches were the blame for much of the problem during the cold spell and seeked out and killed and now we have the reverse, governments, media and certain institutions goes on the news and social media condemning the deniers with some wanting the deniers prosecuted, is this the new inquisitions of our time?

SGS, that one was too funny.

Let me help others who haven't read it. Basically a long all-important report comes out, hundreds of pages. It's gone through peer reviews, and has dramatic new models that show we are 60% higher heat absorption in the oceans!

Another scientist looks at it. Page 1. He finds a blatant error in their method of calculating margin of error. Suddenly their 60% solid model is now a 10% - 70% range. One stupid mistake. "Peer reviewed". Uh huh. BS.

Read it for yourself:
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/environment/sd-me-climate-study-error-20181113-story.html

oil is NOT a renewable source, not in our lifetimes or in many lifetimes in the future. when its gone its gone.

@bigpaul Name one fuel that has ever been completely depleted? Bet you can't, because as a fuel source becomes more scarce, alternate fuel sources become more viable. After the oil runs low, then alternate sources will become more cost effective and the machines will continue to keep running. Better solar, better batteries, etc. When oil becomes a scarcity, then more progress on alternate fuels will advance.

As for Global Warming, ice pack bigger than ever and the Polar Bear population is at it highest level in decades. AND it is cold here in Arizona. I would wish for some local warming.

I notice the mathematician who found the error is a "climate change critic".

Why not call the original author of the flawed study a "climate change activist"?

It's things like this study, and the wording and oh-so-carefully followed MSM recipe of downplaying the credentials and numbers of opposing voices, that make me think it's all BS.

"Hey Levi, how many feet of trim do we need to buy to finish that house?"

"2 feet."

"Oh wait, it was 120 feet? My bad..."

I'd lose my job. Imagine blowing it by such large margins, every second or third estimation.

But hey. The science is settled.

The simple fact is that for over 30 years now, NONE of the predictions of doom and gloom have come to pass. There has been ZERO increase in mean temps (without cooking the data and resulting analysis, i.e. such as only factoring in cities, which have now grown, etc.). Not only is manmade climate change a fantasy, but global warming is as well. The climate fluctuated up and down well before we made our first sharp stick, and it will continue to do so well after we all irradiate ourselves.

Our strategy with the Middle East and oil is actually pretty sound, over the long term. We've got more oil in Alaska or in the Dakotas, than they have there... Might as well drain them first, then later be the only game in town..... (if that's truly the strategy).

It's funny when folks drive their electric cars, thinking about how they are saving the planet. Meanwhile, the strip-mining done for those batteries, and the problem of disposing of those batteries, is doing FAR more damage than the age old practice of oil production. Oh well. You can't save idiots from themselves. No matter how hard you try.

The Saudis won't say how many barrels are left in the Gwahar.

It's a state secret. But I have read that they are pumping more salt water.
Most oil deposits are far far below any water table. If the Saudis are pumping more salt water then it's to inject it back into the ground to help push more oil out of the rock, or to prevent ground subsidence. The Saudis are not running out of oil. Nobody is.
BTW, the US has far more oil than the Middle East.

oil is a fossil fuel, it is formed over millions of years, once it is all used up there will be no more for millions of years.
"The Oil Age" will be but a blink in human history.
like I said, I've never met an American yet that didn't think otherwise. that's where our two nations will differ.

oil is a fossil fuel, it is formed over millions of years, once it is all used up there will be no more for millions of years.
"The Oil Age" will be but a blink in human history.
like I said, I've never met an American yet that didn't think otherwise. that's where our two nations will differ.
Wrong. Oil does not come from "fossils" or dinosaurs. It was formed in the world's oceans starting about 3 billion years ago from single cell bacteria and alge. Over time this dead bacteria was covered by sediment and with heat and pressure was eventually turned in to liquid hydrocarbons. And this process hasn't stopped.

Most Americans are independent thinkers and like to deal in facts, not emotions. No, we're not running out of oil.
More deposits are being discovered almost daily and new fields are coming on line as needed. New extraction process's are constantly being developed and improved upon to increase efficiency. With today's technology old wells that we're once thought to be tapped out are now producing more oil today than when the well was first drilled. These facts are available for those who want to do a little research and learn the truth for themselves.
Unfortunately there are many people who want drama in their lives and will fall for this silly notion that we're running out of energy. And no amount of facts will change their minds.

oh well suit yourself, you've obviously been programmed by the lies of the oil barons.
maybe oil is being formed even today but the process takes millions of years and it wont be available for millions of years, once the current stuff is used up that's it, no more for millions of years and we go back to a simpler sort of life.

Latest posts

Back