This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my roof leak fixed by the pros. I found a small amount of mold on the drywall. I sprayed it with hydrogen peroxide. It bubbles and fizzed a good amount. I will wait about a week and the paint it with primer that kills mold and then repaint the area.

took 2 ppl to town yesterday seeing how they needed the ride.so i took advantage of it by buying 2 box's of regular canning lids and 1 package of reusable wide mouth canning lids seeing how that's all they had in reusables.gonna continue to stock up on the reusables until im well stocked on them.then start canning foods for long term.i'll be going to a diff town today. might stop at the Walmart there to see what they have in canning lids.

took 2 ppl to town yesterday seeing how they needed the ride.so i took advantage of it by buying 2 box's of regular canning lids and 1 package of reusable wide mouth canning lids seeing how that's all they had in reusables.gonna continue to stock up on the reusables until im well stocked on them.then start canning foods for long term.i'll be going to a diff town today. might stop at the Walmart there to see what they have in canning lids.
The white ones with the separate rings? I have some, but there have been some posts indicating that they have a higher fairer rate... so I went back to the conventional ones, at least while they are available. ;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got my roof leak fixed by the pros. I found a small amount of mold on the drywall. I sprayed it with hydrogen peroxide. It bubbles and fizzed a good amount. I will wait about a week and the paint it with primer that kills mold and then repaint the area.
I thought it was bleach to kill mold? I think hydrogen peroxide would bubble from the calcium in the drywall anyway? Or am I confused?

I thought it was bleach to kill mold? I think hydrogen peroxide would bubble from the calcium in the drywall anyway? Or am I confused?

I used bleach the first time before I called anyone, but the mold restoration guy said hydrogen peroxide. He said to spray it let it dry for a week and then paint with mold killing primer. It did remove the mold color and make the wall whiter where I sprayed it.
I am going to watch it and make sure nothing grows back before I paint it. He used some hand held machine in the attic and said their was no moisture.
I have an aunt that lost an entire house to mold. Insurance wouldn’t pay and they had to end up paying the fire department $30,000 to burn their house. Sounds crazy but it’s true.

We had security cameras installed at our house a few years ago. Today I saw a guy come to my front door and not knock or ring the doorbell. He went around back and tried the keypad on my garage. He then got in his van and left.
Nothing actually happened, but it feels good to be prepared.

We had security cameras installed at our house a few years ago. Today I saw a guy come to my front door and not knock or ring the doorbell. He went around back and tried the keypad on my garage. He then got in his van and left.
Nothing actually happened, but it feels good to be prepared.
That's scary. Too much sketchy stuff happening these days. At my parent's neighbor's place there's always shady stuff going on. We're pretty sure someone is using their mailbox as a dead drop for something, probably drug related.

DRPrepper, hope you were able to get van license plate number. Be on your red alert posture for a while. Also note, electronic key pads that are hardwired to the garage door, can be ripped from the wall /door mounting and short circuited to open the garage. Used to happen all the time with the exterior key switches. FYI.

A couple of azzhats stealing the ice chest out of my truck
U1tw2zF.png

I used bleach the first time before I called anyone, but the mold restoration guy said hydrogen peroxide. He said to spray it let it dry for a week and then paint with mold killing primer. It did remove the mold color and make the wall whiter where I sprayed it.
I am going to watch it and make sure nothing grows back before I paint it. He used some hand held machine in the attic and said their was no moisture.
I have an aunt that lost an entire house to mold. Insurance wouldn’t pay and they had to end up paying the fire department $30,000 to burn their house. Sounds crazy but it’s true.

Hydrogen peroxide destroys mold, bacteria, fungus, viruses, cancer, and most parasites

DRPrepper, hope you were able to get van license plate number. Be on your red alert posture for a while. Also note, electronic key pads that are hardwired to the garage door, can be ripped from the wall /door mounting and short circuited to open the garage. Used to happen all the time with the exterior key switches. FYI.
Unfortunately the license plate couldn’t be seen or the sign on his van... or even his face due to his hat.
We have the cover to the keypad taped down. We never use it. A couple of years ago we came home and saw the cover was lifted up. It doesn’t come up easily (it couldn’t have been from wind).
We taped it down. That won’t stop anyone necessarily, but it could be a deterrent. You would have to spend time taking off the tape. That’s what this guy tried. You can hear him on the video trying to pull the tape off.
I was at work watching the video. My husband was actually at home working but he was on a call with a customer. He just assumed the camera was going off due to an Amazon delivery. I started texting him asking who the guy was ( but this was about 20 minutes after the guy left). By that time my husband had gotten off the call checked outside the front door to see who had been there. He saw no one and went to run an errand.
I told him to watch the footage when he got back home, he was on high alert all day. He had his gun out on his desk and his knife in his pocket.

The electrician is installing the lights in the house and putting in the outlets and switches. I fired another contractor. He tried to gouge me on installing the doors and trim. Got another guy from out of the area who will do it for less than a third the cost. Plus he'll put in custom shelves in all the closets too. He's camping out here until the job is done.
I'm getting a bid from the plumber to install a 1500 gallon cistern next to the house for water. When it's done it'll be auto filled from the well. I figured it'll be much cheaper than drilling a new well, although I haven't ruled out a new well in addition to the cistern either. Just not this year.
I'm running out of time to get ready for winter. I'll start hauling hay next week and I still need to get our fire wood in too. Plus I need to build a new wood shed and finish the corral. It was quite the rodeo yesterday trying catch the last baby calf to give her shots and ear tag. Can't brand any of the calves until the corral is finished either.

The white ones with the separate rings? I have some, but there have been some posts indicating that they have a higher fairer rate... so I went back to the conventional ones, at least while they are available. ;

i don't know if their separate or not.on account i simply put them away as is.seeing how their sealed up in a plastic packaging. but yet opening them to have a look is a good idea though.

The electrician is installing the lights in the house and putting in the outlets and switches. I fired another contractor. He tried to gouge me on installing the doors and trim. Got another guy from out of the area who will do it for less than a third the cost. Plus he'll put in custom shelves in all the closets too. He's camping out here until the job is done.
I'm getting a bid from the plumber to install a 1500 gallon cistern next to the house for water. When it's done it'll be auto filled from the well. I figured it'll be much cheaper than drilling a new well, although I haven't ruled out a new well in addition to the cistern either. Just not this year.
I'm running out of time to get ready for winter. I'll start hauling hay next week and I still need to get our fire wood in too. Plus I need to build a new wood shed and finish the corral. It was quite the rodeo yesterday trying catch the last baby calf to give her shots and ear tag. Can't brand any of the calves until the corral is finished either.
It's amazing how fast those little buggars can run once they are steady on their legs. . . . I love corners just because it makes catching babies so much easier. Assuming you are roping?

well.i got out the large mouth lids..and 1 of the regular. it turns out that i pulled a goof.in which i can use to my advantage. Their not for actual canning.their used if i have something in a canning jar that needs to be Refrigerated or sit on the counter like cooking greese/oil..but then again.i can go redneck with them.like drilling very small holes in 2 of them for salt and pepper shakers.

bottom line.pay attion to what I'm/ your buying. and read whats on the lableing of said package..

It's amazing how fast those little buggars can run once they are steady on their legs. . . . I love corners just because it makes catching babies so much easier. Assuming you are roping?
Yeah. This calf was about 4 weeks old so it was like roping a deer. I know, I should have done this when she was younger. But the momma cow kept her well hidden in the heavy timber or in the steep draws. Last night was the first time in quite a while that any of the cattle were close to the house. Once I get the corral finished I'll run everyone through the squeeze chute and brand all the calves and rebrand the cows.

Latest posts

Back