This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem at our house. I would stoke it just before going to bed (2 A.M.) and wife can take over when she gets up at 6 A.M. Got it covered. :p :D
Nice. When my wife is home on R&R she doesn't even know what 6 am looks like. Of course when she's at work she works 7 days a week 6-6.

I moved from urban Arizona to rural Idaho last July, just in time for all the fruit trees on our 'new' (house built in 1916) property to fruit. We spent about two hours a day canning (for the first time) and another six hours re-doing two of the rooms (in addition to paying for the pasture fencing, re-piping the entire house, and extending AC power to the outbuildings). Now the house is livable, the garden has been double-dug, and we're catching our breath until January, when we start pruning the overgrown fruit trees.
We converted a bedroom adjacent to the (tiny) kitchen into a 15' X 8' pantry. putting in a laundry sink, and shelving. This week, we built an enclosure for a single burner propane stove for our next year's canning.
@Duncan CongratuLations on the move! It sounds like it is a good one. Sorry I'm playing catch up here. You and your wife are going to love having that walk in pantry so close to the kitchen and it's great that you have already jumped into canning what is producing on your new property.

I got 7 more #10 cans of freeze dried foods and an ammo can full of 308 rounds this week. Still going forwards with the prepping, but wish I had more free time to work on projects around here. I half jokingly tell people that I’m gathering supplies to supply whatever overwhelming force takes over after shtf.....

Well i finally got 9-1 gallon jugs of water.in which i should of done before now..already had a full unopened thing of instant coffee. But went ahead and got another one.on account i prefer instant during campouts and power outages seeing how that's when i use my 8 cup stove top percolator.

6pointbuck19.jpg
This past weekend, practiced my hunting skills at the deer camp. Killed a 6 point and my son killed a another 6 point. Started a fire with the magnifying glass and another with flint n steel when it was overcast. I practiced skinning 2 deers while showing my youngest how its done, he has seen it done before, but this time he had tell me what to do for each step. Overall a fun productive weekend. We are heading home today. Graphic pics follow

6pointbuck19.jpg

6pointclean.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 9286 This past weekend, practiced my hunting skills at the deer camp. Killed a 6 point and my son killed a another 6 point. Started a fire with the magnifying glass and another with flint n steel when it was overcast. I practiced skinning 2 deers while showing my youngest how its done, he has seen it done before, but this time he had tell me what to do for each step. Overall a fun productive weekend. We are heading home today. Graphic pics follow

View attachment 9286
View attachment 9287
Sounds like it was a great weekend. Are you processing yourselves?

Sounds like it was a great weekend. Are you processing yourselves?
It was a great weekend, yes we process it ourselves. How could I call myself a prepper if I didn't? :) you have to know how to process everything from chipmunks to horse, lol

It was a great weekend, yes we process it ourselves. How could I call myself a prepper if I didn't? :) you have to know how to process everything from chipmunks to horse, lol
Hey you just never know. We process deer and anything below in poundage ourselves too. The cows we take in to have someone else do it. I knew a so called prepper who took his chickens in to get butchered. I found that kind of funny.

Latest posts

Back