This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband went to a gun show and bought me a military style backpack. I just transferred everything I had in my regular backpack into it. Lots more space in this new bag... more room for more prepping :)
If your initial plan is to use a vehicle for a bug out then why not load the pack up. If later you have to go on foot you can always pick and choose and remove items from the pack.

That's the way I'm planning it we're bugging in so if we have to bug out it's going to be a long-term bug out so our bags are military they're big and they're heavy. A true INCH.

Do you know what kind of bag it was? We have cfp-90s, MOLLE II, and large ALICE rucks. The beauty is with packing heavy you can cover more broad spectrum and then like I said before you could always pick and choose and remove items to save weight.

Just a tip about the CFP-90s is that you have a main ruck and then you have a patrol ruck that attaches to the back of it.

I keep Essentials in the patrol ruck that way if I'm being chased and have to drop the main ruck I will still have gear.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If your initial plan is to use a vehicle for a bug out then why not load the pack up. If later you have to go on foot you can always pick and choose and remove items from the pack.

That's the way I'm planning it we're bugging in so if we have to bug out it's going to be a long-term bug out so our bags are military they're big and they're heavy. A true INCH.

Do you know what kind of bag it was? We have cfp-90s, MOLLE II, and large ALICE rucks. The beauty is with packing heavy you can cover more broad spectrum and then like I said before you could always pick and choose and remove items to save weight.

Just a tip about the CFP-90s is that you have a main ruck and then you have a patrol ruck that attaches to the back of it.

I keep Essentials in the patrol ruck that way if I'm being chased and have to drop the main ruck I will still have gear.

The tag just says Explorer Tatical style B-15. It’s definitely better than my old one.

Been working on the new fence that I started on last year. I need to have it finished in the next two weeks. Got most of it done last Fall, but still have about 200 posts to put in and a couple more gates to build.
Picked up the new rototiller today. I made a couple passes around the garden before it got dark. I think it will work fine.

I pack mine MODULAR, everything is grouped and packed separately sometimes in attachable pouches like the extended med kit, others simply packed in sealed Ziploc bags so I can select the load out I need for that days travel. Often if their is uncertainty on how the day will play I will also put the unselected items into the van along side my pack just in case. Being ex Infantry I don't like to carry what I don't need.

My husband went to a gun show and bought me a military style backpack. I just transferred everything I had in my regular backpack into it. Lots more space in this new bag... more room for more prepping :)

Don't carry more than you need Doc think in 12, 24, 48, 72 and 168 hour chunks and load up accordingly ( EDC excepted which you should always have on your PERSON anyway and NEVER in a bag.)

Bought myself a brand new shiny Air Carbine that I can ....erm....."improve" quickly if TSHTF but keep it UK legal by default . Its a BSA Ultra SE in 22 with beech stock, ten round magazines bolt action. I will be slimming the stock down a bit to save as much weight as possible. I will use either a 6 x fixed power shorty scope or a red dot reflex sight.. They are only 32 inches long and under 6 pounds in weight. With the Logun Moderator attached they are almost silent.

bsa-ultra-se-multishot-55.gif.jpg
ultra-beech - Copy - Copy.jpg

Son had an offer accepted on his first property! I am so proud of him, he's saved his deposit and done this on his own.
So he will soon be the owner of a mortgage on a little terrace in the historic part of the city. Not exactly where we thought he would end up, it's a nice solid little house in a good area and the value will only go up. We've been accused by a couple of folks on here of not being 'proper preppers' (whatever that is) because we live in a city, well, pfft who cares. He's as happy as a pig in poo and hasn't stopped smiling since the offer was accepted, that to me is more valuable than any prep.:)

Last edited:
Brent are you one of those ultralight hikers?
LoL

I’m usually over prepared with most things, but the age factor has started to kick in! After a three mile hike in the woods, you quickly start to realize what is essential and what is expendable. After all, making room for the beer is pretty darned important!

Son had an offer accepted on his first property! I am so proud of him, he's saved his deposit and done this on his own.
So he will soon be the owner of a mortgage on a little terrace in the historic part of the city. Not exactly where we thought he would end up, it's a nice solid little house in a good area and the value will only go up. We've been accused by a couple of folks on here of not being 'proper preppers' (whatever that is) because we live in a city, well, pfft who cares. He's as happy as a pig in poo and hasn't stopped smiling since the offer was accepted, that to me is more valuable than any prep.:)

Kids eh my 20 year old was waffling on about his mates buying their first house, its in the next village bit nearer the UNI, its cost them £85,000 for a terraced house and my naïve fool though it was expensive, When I explained 3 bed semis like ours were £140,000 and a 4/5 bed detached was over £150,000 he decided he was going to stay at home for another couple of years................... Dammit :) His mate from summer camp has just paid over £400,000 to get a house in Hampshire and its no bigger than our garage !!!!
I hope your lad has many happy years in his new home.

Last edited:
I’m usually over prepared with most things, but the age factor has started to kick in! After a three mile hike in the woods, you quickly start to realize what is essential and what is expendable. After all, making room for the beer is pretty darned important!

We are becoming a forum of old farts :) but at least we can all multi task now, I can cough, sneeze, fart and pee myself all at the same time these days :)

m3mWxFb.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. Part of my weight loss that I'm going to attempt is doing Road marches building up myself with the weight.

This old man got fat and I need to do something about it.

Congratulations to your son Sally. Buying a house is a big step in prepping in my opinion. Now he has something of his own that will go up in value. And his money will go towards his financial future, not the landlords.
I don't see where the only true preppers are those who live in rural areas. I think a person should do what they can regardless of where they live.

Kids eh my 20 year old was waffling on about his mates buying their first house, its in the next village bit nearer the UNI, its cost them £85,000 for a terraced house and my naïve fool though it was expensive, When I explained 3 bed semis like ours were £140,000 and a 4/5 bed detached was over £150,000 he decided he was going to stay at home for another couple of years................... Dammit :) His mate from summer camp has just paid over £400,000 to get a house in Hampshire and its no bigger than our garage !!!!
I hope your lad has many happy years in his new home.

The reason we moved here was so that my son could buy property as he couldn't afford to buy where we were. His budget was initially £85,000, but he found himself in investor territory and as soon as houses were coming onto the market they were gone. Investors buy them sight unseen. So he waited and increased the deposit savings and that took him over the investor bracket. The house is a good size for a terrace and joy of joys, the bathroom is upstairs! so he has a good sized yard.
He's already planning solar panels and air source heat pump central heating, among other things. He wants to be as insulated as possible from any future energy problems and make a bit of money selling back to the grid and receiving the RHI incentive as well.

Congratulations to your son Sally. Buying a house is a big step in prepping in my opinion. Now he has something of his own that will go up in value. And his money will go towards his financial future, not the landlords.
I don't see where the only true preppers are those who live in rural areas. I think a person should do what they can regardless of where they live.

Thanks AD. :)

Latest posts

Back