This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it to my favorite gun store today. I got the lower for my 22lr upper I got a little while back. I was swapping it with my 5.56, but am glad to have it on its own now. The 22 is great as it's actually cheap enough that you can target practice with it! The scope I had gotten for it didn't fit on it, so still have to work on that, but almost have it set up now. I didn't realize there were so many different sizes of scope mounts. The more I learn about firearms, the more I realize I don't know. Anyways, the goal here is to have a 22cal AR rifle that I can play with. Almost there!

I made it to my favorite gun store today. I got the lower for my 22lr upper I got a little while back. I was swapping it with my 5.56, but am glad to have it on its own now. The 22 is great as it's actually cheap enough that you can target practice with it! The scope I had gotten for it didn't fit on it, so still have to work on that, but almost have it set up now. I didn't realize there were so many different sizes of scope mounts. The more I learn about firearms, the more I realize I don't know. Anyways, the goal here is to have a 22cal AR rifle that I can play with. Almost there!

I would go with a 1" tube scope maybe a 3 to 9 power medium 1" rings on the 22 upper . My AR has the A2 type post front site in frot of the scope but the scope blurrs it out . If you have a flat top thats not a issue anyway .

I like a bit of .22Cal gun po*n every now and again, heres a few of my favourites.

s_h4tp-tfb.jpeg
SBR 10 22.jpg
image002.png
maxresdefault 1.jpg

I would go with a 1" tube scope maybe a 3 to 9 power medium 1" rings on the 22 upper . My AR has the A2 type post front site in frot of the scope but the scope blurrs it out . If you have a flat top thats not a issue anyway .
I have the front sight on the 5.56, but it magically disappears with the scope. The 22 doesn't have the front sight, but the rail to attach to is too wide for the rings on the scope I got. I got some wider rings but they aren't deep enough to clip on. The problem is I was buying the crap from Walmart. The gun shop had a scope for, another 100 bucks, that fits it. I have a good scope on the 5.56 but when swapping it you need to re sight it each time. Oh well, I'm slowly getting set up. Kind of sucks, since starting this project I saw a S&W complete AR 22lr with peephole sights for less than 400.00 brand new. I will have 700 in this one, and even though it's a little better quality, the S&W is a good gun, especially for just playing with. You live and learn in life.

We got a new dead bolt front door kit ( not sure of the actual name). I read on here how you should replace your screws in the door frame with longer ones. We added 2 inch screws today with the new kit. Not sure how long the old screws were, but they are pretty small.

Last edited:
We got a new dead bolt front door kit ( not sure of the actual name). I read on here how you should replace your screws in the door frame with longer ones. We added 2 inch screws today with the new kit. Not sure how long the old screws were, but they are pretty small.

I bought some door handles for the new cabin doors and had a hard time finding any that didn't have locks. Since I never lock my doors I tend to lose the keys.

I finally bottled the last 10 gallons of last years wine! I kind of was forced to since I started making this years batches. I jus finished with this seasons Concord grapes and the muscadines will start getting ripe in a few more weeks. I'm glad I get a break between batches as this hobby is kind of a lot of work..

We finally got the electrician over to install our new smoke detectors. We also got a new stainless steel water hose. Our last hose got chewed up by rats. Maybe they will leave this one alone. I put air in my tires. They were at about 26 on tire pressure and I got them back to 34.

my prepping has been pretty well on hold for the time being..but yet,i'm still getting this n that done..got grocery list started.in which i'll go shopping later on.inspection and tags for car updated.gas tank almost full of gas.gas cans are full of gas..still need to replace the dim headlight,on the drivers side of the car..

my prepping has been pretty well on hold for the time being..but yet,i'm still getting this n that done..got grocery list started.in which i'll go shopping later on.inspection and tags for car updated.gas tank almost full of gas.gas cans are full of gas..still need to replace the dim headlight,on the drivers side of the car..
You've got a lot on your mind right now....

We got 4 spare filters for the big berkey. We like the thing so much that my wife bought a small berkey to take to work, as the building she works in predates the civil war, and I bet the plumbing isn't much newer, lol.

Still freeze drying too.

We got 4 spare filters for the big berkey. We like the thing so much that my wife bought a small berkey to take to work, as the building she works in predates the civil war, and I bet the plumbing isn't much newer, lol.

Still freeze drying too.
Do you use the big berkey on a regular basis? I've never used mine as I have a good fridge filter, but have considered it. I have 8 ceramic filters for it, and since they are very long life I probably should use it some. Any way, I'm glad to have some spares now in case one ever got dropped and cracked.

Do you use the big berkey on a regular basis? I've never used mine as I have a good fridge filter, but have considered it. I have 8 ceramic filters for it, and since they are very long life I probably should use it some. Any way, I'm glad to have some spares now in case one ever got dropped and cracked.

All the time. For whatever reason, our water department is of the opinion that there ain't no such thing as too much chlorine. A hot shower will hurt your eyes.

So, ours has 2 filters in it since we really drink a lot of water in the summer. Seems to make my coffee better as well.

Latest posts

Back