This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got me a bandolier,cleaning stuff for the rifle,some pouches (admin and mag) all from my favorite surplus store
I was rearranging my bedroom and had to move all the ammo I've accumulated. I hadn't really counted any of it, but have picked up a little here and there over time. Well, I figured out, I don't need to buy any more! It was so heavy I couldn't move the cabinet without unloading it. I even have a decent amount of the elusive 22lr. The only thing is, I wish I had written a date on it as bought for rotating. Oh well, I really don't shoot much so rotating isn't too important.
I'm sure I don't have as much as some here, but like I always say, my goal is self defense and hunting if needed, not to start a war.

what I need more of is 7,62x53r...sigh,this will put a strain on my tiny budget...

what I need more of is 7,62x53r...sigh,this will put a strain on my tiny budget...
That's mostly why I don't shoot much, $$$$$. I honestly enjoy target practice, but feel like I should save what I've built up over time.

and it's no use trying to order these abroad...300 pcs will dent my budget with 120 euros (not incl those that I did buy on fri)

Can't wait, I get a week off from Xmas to New Years, so trying to get some things done.
I live for my times off! I kind of question why I'm starting a buisness again:confused:. Right now I have it really easy, three weeks vacation a year, easy job etc. I've spent the last 8 weekends in a row getting set up for the new venture, so prepping has taken a back seat. I think free time is going to be a scarce thing for me this coming year. On the upside, we're looking really professional now, and have started bidding some jobs and contacting commercial property managers and businesses. I bought a vinyl cutter and lettered my car and about half the work truck. Hopefully will finish it this weekend. I'm going to try cutting some heat transfer vinyl and iron it on the shirts I ordered for a professional look. I bought the cutter after learning that it was cheaper than having a company do just the work truck once. Amazon had a new 28" US cutter for 280.00, with software, wow! I bought a cutter about 25 yrs ago when they were new technology, for about 13,000.00 for the cutter, a computer just for it, and the software for it. Up to that point trucks were hand lettered with oil based paints. Technology has made our lives much easier.
I did get two 40 round clips yesterday. I really wouldn't have bought them but an acquaintance seemed like he needed Xmas money, and they were still in the new packaging for 11 bucks ea. I already had two 30 round ones, which I like better as they are a better size imho.

My plans for the week off are to:

1. Finish the rabbit habitat (first priority). I'll post pics when done.

2. Clean out my bedroom closet and linen closet, since both have become a bit unruly. Also involves building a little bit support wise too. (and I want to put the safe in a different place, to be more accessible, but still hidden).

3. Start on the ManCave project (cleaning the room, sealing the leaky edges, measuring for tiles, and measuring for the wood to make the second glass doors area into a wall, removing the existing bar shelf)

No doubt the wife's whims may cut some of this out, but 1 and 3 are both kind of a necessity. Going to see if I can get the "kids" to help too though, on some of it. If any time permitting, the other thing to start is going to be the garage cleanup and tool bench reorganization. The kids really want a "project studio" area in the garage, and there is certainly room for it, but they gotta help clean it. (would use it for painting, costumes, making special effect stuff, etc.) Right now, the garage has a lot of stored junk.

Replaced all our packs AA x2 flashlights with Single AAA lights reducing weight/space further except for the Ultrafire that uses a single AA, if I can find a light that produces 2hrs @ 300 lumens on a single AAA then I will replace the Ultrafire, the lights below are now in all our packs w/3 refills each light.

UltraFire Mini Cree Led Flashlight 1-AA
Battery Life (hours)
Lumens

Fenix E01 Led Flashlight 1-AAA
Battery Life (hours)
Lumens

Streamlight 66318 MicroStream Led Flashlight 1-AAA
Battery Life (hours)
Lumens

Black Diamond ReVolt Led Headlamp 3-AAA
Battery Life
high mode 10.6 hrs
low mode 21hrs
Lumens
130 high mode
20 low mode

Last edited:
still waiting for those clips for my mosin ammo,thanks to x-mas delivery is a bit slow ;)

still waiting for those clips for my mosin ammo,thanks to x-mas delivery is a bit slow ;)

When the Wife was checking the mail last week the holiday replacement driver ask the Wife if this was the correct street and address, the previous week we was expecting a package come to find out it was sent back to the sender with a yellow sticker 'address doesn't exist' so I have sympathy for ya Jontte, I hate the mail/delivery service during the holidays grrrr.

yeah,inspite all those "electronic post cards" still it's glogged in the sorting dept ;)
perhaps tomorrow,if santa deems me good enough :)

sometimes I really wish for star trek tech to be available,just beem me that package Scott :)

but tomorrow we visit the cemetary with my bro,light some candles at the grave of relatives gone, part of the tradition here.

This week I got extra food and water. I also got some batteries. I do have two hand cranked flashlight's but I also have battery operated flashlights for back up. This coming week my plan is to continue to stock up on food and water

My wish list included stores that carry seeds, transplants for spring planting and my next craft project. . . and I received multiple gift cards. Yeah, spring garden will only cost labor from me. Couldn't ask for a better Christmas

got me a real nice pressie today

edit....p.s. the blade is 10 to 11 inches long
2015-12-25 009.JPG

Last edited:
My wish list included stores that carry seeds, transplants for spring planting and my next craft project. . . and I received multiple gift cards. Yeah, spring garden will only cost labor from me. Couldn't ask for a better Christmas
I've started tilling the compost into the greenhouse. I'll start collecting all the fall leaves if it ever quits raining here for next season. I did just pu some seeds I saw at a local store. Got some lettuces, carrots and radishes to plant now anyways.

Latest posts

Back