Share a knife a day till you run out of knives...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wom-b.jpg

I have another knife that may be of interest.

It is nearly identical to the folding knife with flashlight and firestarter that I pictured earlier . . . except that this one is made of real Damascus steel (not a pattern printed on the knife), and is assisted opening with a spring.
20221211_120051.jpg

20221211_120110.jpg

The knife came with the ballistic nylon case and a lint-free cleaning cloth.

I did find that the magnet that holds the flashlight inside the knife was very weak, so I used a tiny bit of Gorilla Glue to permanently cement it in there. The front bulb can be scewed out to replace the batteries.

I also used a little thread locker to keep the ferrocerium fire rod inside the knife, as it felt a little loose.

Otherwise, a great bargin.

A "twofer" - Two folding hunters.

wjIilH0.jpg

The top knife is a Winchester folding hunter. Doesn't say where it was made, all it says is "Winchester" and "Stainless" and that's all I know about it. I have no recollection of ever buying this. It looks old but my memory of it doesn't go back very far.

The bottom is an odd duck. It is actually a K-Mart brand knife made in Japan! Yes, back in their "glory days" K-Mart had their own brand of knives that were unique. Somewhere around here I also have a K-Mart sheath knife.
I didn't realize how un-ergonomic this thing was, but it is very uncomfortable to use as a skinner, and you have to carry it in a belt sheath because the handle is massive and bulky. "Unique" can be good, but in this case it missed the mark.
The K-Mart sheath knife, however (also made in Japan of some pretty darned good steel) was a different story. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it.

Latest posts

Back