LAS VEGAS Mass shooting at Country & Western Concert

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every time some idiot goes on a rampage guess who pays the price????????????

that is right you me and every other honest US citizen who owns a gun

the law has very little effect on the asshat who goes over the edge, terrorist or the criminal element in the USA,,,we pay for it with more restrictions and with contempt from those who think we have no right to own so much as a BB gun

we have them right here on DDP,it pisses me off that in the end the a-holes will win they will take our guns and make us defenseless against those who are outside the law,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I JUST HOPE I DON'T LIVE TO SEE IT

Right now there is no way the Government could confiscate all the weapons in the U.S........it is impossible....before 1934 guns were not even registered and no one knows how many guns are even in the U.S......the recent 80% build it yourself unregistered/no S/N business is booming....I would guess there have been several million 80% rifles and pistols built in the last several years....at one time you could buy Browning machine guns from a Sears catalog....could the day come that the U.S. is civilian gun free ? not in the next 100 years.....Can you even imagine the man hours, money, civil war and death that confiscating all those weapons would bring....

I've bought a number of firearms, most in fact, from individuals that
advertised in the news papers and at gun shows that didn't require
paperwork for a "casual sale" from non dealers.
Very few of my personal firearms had paper work.
Being retired police I get a "delay" every time I try to buy from a
gun dealer.
I've been told that many former military also get a delay.
Really ticks me off thus buying from individuals.
Ohio allows casual sales/purchases without paperwork. (so far)
Ohio being a typical Democrat State is pretty "gun friendly".
A HUGE amount of income for the State is from guns/ammo/and
hunting licenses.
Ohio is Democrat but even they aren't stupid. Well a little stupid. :>)

@drt4lfe
"Can you even imagine the man hours, money, civil war and death that confiscating all those weapons would bring...."

Would anyone really resist law enforcement with lethal force if
there was an attempt to confiscate firearms?
That is a loosing proposition.
I might hide some of my firearms that the gov't doesn't know I have.
I'm not going to get shot, shoot anyone, go to prison for anything.
We will and should fight in the courts.
We are, after all, a nation of laws not a nation of men.
Opinions welcome.

The worst I see coming for Gun Owners is it may hinder the passing of the silencer law that would reclassifies silencers from class 3 to class 1 gets rid of the costly federal stamp and waiting for red tape .
Other than that the liberals will try a bunch of banns but run into the same brick wall then have their meltdown .

I've bought a number of firearms, most in fact, from individuals that
advertised in the news papers and at gun shows that didn't require
paperwork for a "casual sale" from non dealers.
Very few of my personal firearms had paper work.
Being retired police I get a "delay" every time I try to buy from a
gun dealer.
I've been told that many former military also get a delay.
Really ticks me off thus buying from individuals.
Ohio allows casual sales/purchases without paperwork. (so far)
Ohio being a typical Democrat State is pretty "gun friendly".
A HUGE amount of income for the State is from guns/ammo/and
hunting licenses.
Ohio is Democrat but even they aren't stupid. Well a little stupid. :>)

Federal Law say's Private Sales between individuals is Legal.....Ohio cannot stop that without a long prolonged Court battle....and your comment is why the Government could not confiscate every gun.....Impossible ......the private sales alone are in the millions....

@dtrforlife
why the Government could not confiscate every gun.....Impossible ......the private sales alone are in the millions....

I agree with impossible.
http://www.npr.org/2016/01/05/462017461/guns-in-america-by-the-numbers

the number of civilian firearms at 242 million in 1996, 259 million in 2000, and 310 million as of 2009.

If that 310 million number is correct, it means that the first year of Barack Obama's presidency was an inflection point: It marked the first time that the number of firearms in circulation surpassed the total U.S. population.

To the Gov't: "go ahead and try to confiscate all of those guns".

There really are some gun people that would shoot if confiscation were attempted.
Confiscation would be nothing less than gov't authorized THEFT.

@drt4lfe
"Can you even imagine the man hours, money, civil war and death that confiscating all those weapons would bring...."

Would anyone really resist law enforcement with lethal force if
there was an attempt to confiscate firearms?
That is a loosing proposition.
I might hide some of my firearms that the gov't doesn't know I have.
I'm not going to get shot, shoot anyone, go to prison for anything.
We will and should fight in the courts.
We are, after all, a nation of laws not a nation of men.
Opinions welcome.

Do you really think every gun over will roll over and give them all up ? and like I said, the required manpower, money and time to do so is not feasible for the Government....and you said you would hide some of yours which proves confiscation would not work because millions like you would also hide guns....that in itself is resistance.....when our Laws erode and take our Rights we , nation of men have fought....ask the British ?

@dtrforlife
why the Government could not confiscate every gun.....Impossible ......the private sales alone are in the millions....

I agree with impossible.
http://www.npr.org/2016/01/05/462017461/guns-in-america-by-the-numbers

the number of civilian firearms at 242 million in 1996, 259 million in 2000, and 310 million as of 2009.

If that 310 million number is correct, it means that the first year of Barack Obama's presidency was an inflection point: It marked the first time that the number of firearms in circulation surpassed the total U.S. population.

To the Gov't: "go ahead and try to confiscate all of those guns".

and that number IMO is low......the number of non-registered/ no S/N guns that an individual can legally build for personal use would add to that number....you can legally build any amount of weapons for your personal use.....

That adds to the problem of confiscation.
An entire gov't bureau would have to be created to confiscate firearms
in America. Then add to the equation what to do with millions and millions
of firearms.
Store them 'till they can be destroyed?
The logistics alone would be mind boggling.
My department destroyed unclaimed firearms.
They were taken to the steel mill and melted.
I did manage to get screws, sights, and such without being in trouble but
not many.
A friend from another police department sent unclaimed firearms to an auction house
to be sold legally and proceeds used to buy police equipment.
Good idea.

@dtr4life

Another sensible, thoughtful, post.

Some of the Brits STILL haven't gotten over a "bunch of farmers"
whipping some serious butt!Shoot:rocket:

Check your history Bro last time we met on the Battlefield your entire Continental army got whupped by the Brits in only 1 hour, then we enjoyed tea in your white house before torching DC and chasing your asses into Virginia :) Only 4000 Brits and Canucks saw y'all beat in one hour at Bladensburg. Mind you we did meet ONE Brave Patriotic American who stood up to us, A Mrs Dolly Madison the bravest American of the day ( Her hubby the Prez was to busy borrowing a horse to try and catch up with his fleeing army)

As for the previous fight in the 1770s we were already busy fighting the French, Spanish and Dutch, but in the US it was a FRENCH General called Rochambeau and his 20,000 expert veteran siege troops who whupped us. :) :m4: and for that we then captured France and flattened Napoleon.

( MarshallRochambeau)
In 1780, Rochambeau was appointed commander of land forces as part of the project code named Expédition Particulière.[1] He was given the rank of Lieutenant General in command of some 7,000 French troops and sent to join the Continental Army, under George Washington. In the American Revolutionary War Rochambeau commanded more troops than Washington did[citation needed]. Count Axel von Fersen the Younger served as Rochambeau's aide-de-camp and interpreter. The small size of the force at his disposal made him initially reluctant to lead the expedition.[2]

Bataille de Yorktown by Auguste Couder. Rochambeau and Washington giving their last orders before the battle.

Surrender of Lord Cornwallis by John Trumbull, depicting Cornwallis surrendering at Yorktown to the French troops of General Rochambeau (left) and American troops of Washington (right). Oil on canvas, 1820.
He landed at Newport, Rhode Island, on 10 July, but was held there inactive for a year, due to his reluctance to abandon the French fleet blockaded by the British in Narragansett Bay. Brown University, then named the College in the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, served as an encampment site for some of Rochambeau's troops, and the College Edifice, now known as University Hall, was converted into a military hospital.[3] In July 1781, Rochambeau's force left Rhode Island, marching across Connecticut to join Washington on the Hudson River in Mount Kisco, New York. From July 6 to August 18, 1781, the Odell farm served as Rochambeau's headquarters.[4] There then followed the celebrated march of the combined forces, the siege of Yorktown and the Battle of the Chesapeake. On 22 September, they combined with Marquis de Lafayette's troops and forced Lord Cornwallis to surrender on 19 October. In recognition of his services, the Congress of the Confederation presented him with two cannons taken from the British. These guns, with which Rochambeau returned to Vendôme, were requisitioned in 1792.

Last edited:
I keep hearing about bumper stocks, but that audio sure sounded like full auto to me. Some gun nuts are telling me you can't tell the difference much...but if that's so, then why the hell are the legal? Not that legality ever concerned a person about to murder dozens of people....

That's why anti-gun folks are complete morons. They feel that making it illegal will stop something. How well is that going for ANYTHING? Idiots.

I still think this was a false flag op using a programmed person, conditioned to do this based on a trigger action. Very similar to the Orlando shooting.

And, just like the Orlando shooting....ANOTHER guy was found with a bunch of weapons in his car....
http://www.fox13memphis.com/top-sto...ds-of-ammo-automatic-weapons-in-car/618889976

A friend from another police department sent unclaimed firearms to an auction house
to be sold legally and proceeds used to buy police equipment.
Good idea.

Not for the buyer! Chances were, guns were used in a crime!

This is just another horrible incident and my heart aches for all the innocent people that lost loved ones and suffered injury. I am a responsible gun owner and am glad I have the right to own defensive weapons, however, where do you draw the line here. How many sandy hooks and things like this do we allow to happen? The us has 5% of the worlds population, but has 30% of gun violence. There are just too many unbalanced people in the world now, and I'm not even considering the ones that are flat out evil. I am one of the last to call for banning gun ownership, but something should change. All I can say to all those that are going to rail against these statements is consider if one of the victims was your daughter or little child? I am at least on board with some sort of mental health evaluation.... I wish there was an easy answer to this

I expect they would model it after what was done in England & Australia. The behemoth that is our Federal Govt. would not see money or manpower as an impediment to doing whatever they think they want.

A couple of as we Brits would say Jolly Good Scraps What? Lost the Colonies, Gained Canada and most of the West Indies, Whupped the US and Whupped France, But we are all best of chums now ( Thank god)

Check your history Bro last time we met on the Battlefield your entire Continental army got whupped by the Brits in only 1 hour, then we enjoyed tea in your white house before torching DC and chasing your asses into Virginia :) Only 4000 Brits and Canucks saw y'all beat in one hour at Bladensburg. Mind you we did meet ONE Brave Patriotic American who stood up to us, A Mrs Dolly Madison the bravest American of the day ( Her hubby the Prez was to busy borrowing a horse to try and catch up with his fleeing army)

As for the previous fight in the 1770s we were already busy fighting the French, Spanish and Dutch, but in the US it was a FRENCH General called Rochambeau and his 20,000 expert veteran siege troops who whupped us. :) :m4: and for that we then captured France and flattened Napoleon.

( MarshallRochambeau)
In 1780, Rochambeau was appointed commander of land forces as part of the project code named Expédition Particulière.[1] He was given the rank of Lieutenant General in command of some 7,000 French troops and sent to join the Continental Army, under George Washington. In the American Revolutionary War Rochambeau commanded more troops than Washington did[citation needed]. Count Axel von Fersen the Younger served as Rochambeau's aide-de-camp and interpreter. The small size of the force at his disposal made him initially reluctant to lead the expedition.[2]

Bataille de Yorktown by Auguste Couder. Rochambeau and Washington giving their last orders before the battle.

Surrender of Lord Cornwallis by John Trumbull, depicting Cornwallis surrendering at Yorktown to the French troops of General Rochambeau (left) and American troops of Washington (right). Oil on canvas, 1820.
He landed at Newport, Rhode Island, on 10 July, but was held there inactive for a year, due to his reluctance to abandon the French fleet blockaded by the British in Narragansett Bay. Brown University, then named the College in the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, served as an encampment site for some of Rochambeau's troops, and the College Edifice, now known as University Hall, was converted into a military hospital.[3] In July 1781, Rochambeau's force left Rhode Island, marching across Connecticut to join Washington on the Hudson River in Mount Kisco, New York. From July 6 to August 18, 1781, the Odell farm served as Rochambeau's headquarters.[4] There then followed the celebrated march of the combined forces, the siege of Yorktown and the Battle of the Chesapeake. On 22 September, they combined with Marquis de Lafayette's troops and forced Lord Cornwallis to surrender on 19 October. In recognition of his services, the Congress of the Confederation presented him with two cannons taken from the British. These guns, with which Rochambeau returned to Vendôme, were requisitioned in 1792.

And does the British Kingdom rule America ? NO....You lost and can make all the excuses you want like Hillary does...You Lost....

I expect they would model it after what was done in England & Australia. The behemoth that is our Federal Govt. would not see money or manpower as an impediment to doing whatever they think they want.

Christ No Rob that would be the absolute worst scenario, We are borderline defenceless whilst the criminals have easy access to guns. You NEED youe rights and guns, the question is .............. well I honestly dont know but your system isnt working and nor is ours. I still prefer your version compared to ours for all its excesses

And does the British Kingdom rule America ? NO....You lost and can make all the excuses you want like Hillary does...You Lost....

Rule America, Heavens NO that would be troublesome, No we just bought most of it as did the Arabs and Japs and Chinese :)

Now lets see about America
What language do you speak ? ENGLISH
What is your LAW system based upon ? Yup English Common Law
What is your Alphabet? Yup the English Version
What are your main cities named after? Their British counterparts

Lets see erm....... How big is the American Empire or Commonwealth? Well there is Puerto Rico .

British commonwealth ?

Countries by region
Africa
Asia
Caribbean and Americas
Europe
Pacific

Map of Brit empire at its best before we gave it up
CfWXl (Large).png

Map of American Empire at its best

prcolor.gif

:) :)