Food prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never drank a full cup of coffee (combined) in my life. No reason. Just haven't wanted to. . I do drink unsweetened tea, but I'm a water person.
Goof for you. I like water, tea, you name it, but I love coffee. I figure it may keep 5 years properly sealed in a freezer. I have never had bad coffee yet and I think some of it was 3-4 years old and not stored all that well.
I saw some powdered milk today at a local save a lot that was sealed in a can, it was Nestle Nido 26.6 cents per ounce, I have never seen this brand here before, don't know if the price is good or not. I also found some boxed milk at dollar tree, it sits on the shelf and is good for one year, 2% one quart$1.00. I bought two to try, it tastes just like fresh milk.
I have a record book, it is a tiny notebook with sections divided for canned, drinks, etc. I write prices in, when I see a great price, I buy. May start a thread on how this works.

From what I’ve read coffee has oils in it that will go bad before too long no matter how it’s sealed. Proper storage will make it last longer, like cool and dark, but it isn’t a long term storage product to begin with.
Ya know, it does have oils in it, yes sirree. you can see the oil on the surface of the coffee.

if I found a ten year old unopened bag of ground coffee, and it wasn't a solid block of mold, I make coffee and drink it, guaranteed.

Still, Nestle makes some good instant. I drink instant sometimes camping, and I'm never unhappy about it.

Last year I bought a case of condensed, canned milk, and I love it. Ive used three as coffee creamer when I was out of whole milk, and I will keep working through it until it's half gone, the buy another case.

if I found a ten year old unopened bag of ground coffee, and it wasn't a solid block of mold, I make coffee and drink it, guaranteed.

Still, Nestle makes some good instant. I drink instant sometimes camping, and I'm never unhappy about it.

Last year I bought a case of condensed, canned milk, and I love it. Ive used three as coffee creamer when I was out of whole milk, and I will keep working through it until it's half gone, the buy another case.
Try some of the powdered milk too. I’ve used it many times when out of creamer. I haven’t tried a bowl of cereal with it but am sure it could ‘pass’. As far as coffee spoiling, I’ve never seen it go bad personally but read it can go rancid. Where and how you store things can make a huge difference.

I use UHT sometimes called "longlife" milk, it dosent need putting in the fridge until you open it and there are other ways of keeping it cool if the power was off, I buy it in cases of 12.
We have some versions of that over here too. I haven’t tried any yet but it’s a smart storage option. I believe one brand is Parmalot or something close to that. No referigeration..... almost scared at how that will taste but the reviews are really good.

We have some versions of that over here too. I haven’t tried any yet but it’s a smart storage option. I believe one brand is Parmalot or something close to that. No referigeration..... almost scared at how that will taste but the reviews are really good.
Since my mom is elderly, she get this milk in her monthly foods stuff. Well, she used to because she lives with me now, it is 1% and is self stable for a couple of years. After it went bad, I used it for calcium on my tomatoes.

Yes, condensed milk is great for coffee, I always keep at least 12 cans. should have more.

4FD652B5-6C9D-4E0B-BDDA-0AF528174337.jpeg
Just after rotating and reorganizing. Have 5 more #10 freeze dried cans coming soon too. All this was from adding just a few items here and there to my normal shopping. You really don’t need to go out and break the bank all at once to build up a decent reserve.

Latest posts

Back