Food prepping

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh hell. . . You lost me. Is that something I can 'Bing" for?
No, go to the Amazon App Store and search for "File Manager"
Look for the one that says "Rythm Software File Manager" at the top left of the image.
After you install file manager, download the file.
Open file manager and go to "Download" folder.
Hold your finger down on the file until a menu pops up
Select Extract
Select Extract to This Directory

Then once you see the file "Food Calculator.html" click on it
Click on "Open with HTML Viewer" and "Always"
You're done!

Look for the one that says "Rythm Software File Manager" at the top left of the image.
Select Extract

You're done!
Thank Doc. I will try this after work today. I need my coffee first. :)

View attachment 8911 Just after rotating and reorganizing. Have 5 more #10 freeze dried cans coming soon too. All this was from adding just a few items here and there to my normal shopping. You really don’t need to go out and break the bank all at once to build up a decent reserve.
You did a great job. How nice to have a place for everything, so well organized too.

In case anyone is looking for a good buy on whole cloves. I was looking for some cheap and searching walmarts site. They have some whole cloves (16 oz bag) listed for 17.64 but the photo shows tomatoes, HUH?? I think they may have made an error, in any case it is Frontier Organic whole cloves, so that would be 1.10 per ounce, I priced McCormicks brand, local Walmart had one bottle left it was almost 5.00 dollars for 0.62 ounces. I would not pay the price at over 7.00 dollars an ounce. If you do much pickling go for it and see what happens.

In case anyone is looking for a good buy on whole cloves. I was looking for some cheap and searching walmarts site. They have some whole cloves (16 oz bag) listed for 17.64 but the photo shows tomatoes, HUH?? I think they may have made an error, in any case it is Frontier Organic whole cloves, so that would be 1.10 per ounce, I priced McCormicks brand, local Walmart had one bottle left it was almost 5.00 dollars for 0.62 ounces. I would not pay the price at over 7.00 dollars an ounce. If you do much pickling go for it and see what happens.

$12.95 1lb
https://www.amazon.com/Spicy-World-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=K0GPZAZ4F58HBWBN7EQD

Select Extract

You're done!
I don't have the "select extract" option. It have " details, open, copy, move, delete, rename & compress"

Select Extract

You're done!
Hot dogger! I played around and it came up. Thank you!

Last edited:
Here is a calculator that may help and give some information. It is formatted in HTML, tested in Firefox and Chrome. I put it in a zip file given I'm unable to upload a HTML formatted page
Nice little calculator to have to help give you an idea of how much you will need to have stored up. Everyone will need to adjust it some to fit their s and their families needs. If your family doesn't eat that much wheat, than add to the flour or cornmeal to bring it to the right poundage. I can look and tell right off the bat I would need more sugar and brown sugar along with more salt and baking soda. 1 gallon of vinegar would not do us either, it's more like 8. I also know for us, I don't keep any dry soup mixed around except for the homemade Lipton onion soup for cooking with. Just a few examples. This is an excellent tool to get you stocking up basics.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back