crushed by elephant

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't care what they do ghost. I'm just calling it what it is. A buffalo and an elephant are two completely different animals.

It don't matter anyways. I believe in karma. If someone thinks killing an elephant is an accomplishment...they've got issues.

the principle is the same,,what about elk,moose,or a bear hunt people pay big bucks to go on a guided hunt for any of the aforementioned does it make them bad people ,I don't think so ,same for the African hunts just one heck of a lot more money,,,,you have heard the old saying about,,,A FOOL AND HIS MONEY

read this there is more than one type of elephant hunt,,,,look at the pricing and that does not include the cost of getting there,export fees or taxidermy fees,,,,

http://www.africahuntlodge.com/elephant_hunt_package.asp

the principle is the same,,what about elk,moose,or a bear hunt people pay big bucks to go on a guided hunt for any of the aforementioned does it make them bad people ,I don't think so ,same for the African hunts just one heck of a lot more money,,,,you have heard the old saying about,,,A FOOL AND HIS MONEY

read this there is more than one type of elephant hunt,,,,look at the pricing and that does not include the cost of getting there,export fees or taxidermy fees,,,,

http://www.africahuntlodge.com/elephant_hunt_package.asp

An elephant is far more intelligent than an elk, moose or even a bear. That would be like someone fishing for dolphin...and considering it an actual accomplishment. It's a joke in my opinion. These people are actually proud of themselves.

well I will not get into a pissing match here,this goes on,I can do nothing about it,,,,,do what you want but it would be wise to move on seeing as how you can do nothing about it,,,just my opinion ,have a good weekend ,me I am hiding out until Tuesday

well I will not get into a pissing match here,this goes on,I can do nothing about it,,,,,do what you want but it would be wise to move on seeing as how you can do nothing about it,,,just my opinion ,have a good weekend ,me I am hiding out until Tuesday

Have good weekend ghost.

Yes but does a wealthy trophy hunter really fly to the other side of earth to kill a member of an endangered species to feed villagers?

Let's be realistic here. People always find a way to justify their actions. I don't see the sport in killing an elephant.
The trophy hunter is hunting for sport in many cases. The person that issued the permit for the culling of numbers to ensure a sustainable population is the one who is involved with the proper management of wildlife. It's a plus when they can make money by selling a permit to help offset the cost of maintaining the enforcement force that also helps to ward off poachers. I will say, the perfect solution would be to give the animals enough room to live as they always have, free from people's advancement. The problem is, just ask the Native American population how well that worked out for them.

The trophy hunter is hunting for sport in many cases. The person that issued the permit for the culling of numbers to ensure a sustainable population is the one who is involved with the proper management of wildlife. It's a plus when they can make money by selling a permit to help offset the cost of maintaining the enforcement force that also helps to ward off poachers. I will say, the perfect solution would be to give the animals enough room to live as they always have, free from people's advancement. The problem is, just ask the Native American population how well that worked out for them.

image[12].png

Here obviously I know on the scale of things a human life would be of greater value than an elephants life...but let's do an experiment....

Let's for a moment assume that for conservations sake an elephant has to be killed ...WHICH I DON'T BUY INTO...

BUT ok fine for arguments sake...

Now let's say we have a human population issue and for whatever reason a government puts out a lottery for a human trophy hunt. Someone u know and care for is put on that list. It dosent matter. The argument is made that it needs to happen. This is justified politically. OK?

Now in that circumstance would you allow for something like that to happen? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Why not? Because most of us normal folks have been conditioned that all human life is sacred. Killing could never be the answer. It could never be justified in moral terms...in terms of population control.

Elephants are not human but they're still way too advanced too be hunted for sport in my opinion. The kind of person who would kill an elephant unnecessarily is the same no matter what political reason he gives as justication. This is my OPINION. Is it going to stop? Probably not. I'm just calling it what it is.

When money is involved people ALWAYS FIND JUSTIFICATION. I don't buy for a moment that elephant trophy hunters really buy into the need for killing elephants. They do it for their blood thirsty thrill as well as the trophy aspect. Not because they care. Not because of conservation.

This would explain why trophy hunter deaths are often celebrated by the karma police...which I don't agree with either. I don't celebrate death when any intelligent life form loses its life...especially when unnecessary.

Last edited:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ddington/2016/07/17/just-smart-pigs/87219706/

. Here is a list of animals in rank after humans for intelligence:

1. Chimpanzees.,,,used as a test subject

2. Pigs,,,slaughtered for food,,,,,,,,,,,I bet you have some in your fridge right now

3. Dolphins

4. Parrots

5. Whales

6. Dogs,,,there are country's where dogs are raised for food

7. Octopus,,,they are on the menu in high class restaurants

8. Elephants

9. Squirrels,,,,,,,there is no telling how many are killed by hunters every year

10. Cats

11. Owls

12. Rats,,,,,,,,,,,,if the world could wipe them off the planet they would

13. Falcons

14. Rhesus monkeys,,,used in drug testing

15. Horses

16. Raccoons,,they are trapped and killed for their hide

17. Sheep,,,we eat them

18. Crows,,,,,,,,,killed for sport

19. Pigeons

20. Orangutans

21. Sea lions

22. Baboons

23., Ants,,,,,how many have you killed this year

24. Spiders,,,,,the same,,,how many

25. Squid,,,,,,used for fish bait

where is your outrage over these animals,,,,,,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ddington/2016/07/17/just-smart-pigs/87219706/

. Here is a list of animals in rank after humans for intelligence:

1. Chimpanzees.,,,used as a test subject

2. Pigs,,,slaughtered for food,,,,,,,,,,,I bet you have some in your fridge right now

3. Dolphins

4. Parrots

5. Whales

6. Dogs,,,there are country's where dogs are raised for food

7. Octopus,,,they are on the menu in high class restaurants

8. Elephants

9. Squirrels,,,,,,,there is no telling how many are killed by hunters every year

10. Cats

11. Owls

12. Rats,,,,,,,,,,,,if the world could wipe them off the planet they would

13. Falcons

14. Rhesus monkeys,,,used in drug testing

15. Horses

16. Raccoons,,they are trapped and killed for their hide

17. Sheep,,,we eat them

18. Crows,,,,,,,,,killed for sport

19. Pigeons

20. Orangutans

21. Sea lions

22. Baboons

23., Ants,,,,,how many have you killed this year

24. Spiders,,,,,the same,,,how many

25. Squid,,,,,,used for fish bait

where is your outrage over these animals,,,,,,

No disrespect ghost but I think you've got your order mixed up. Since when are sheep more intelligent than orangutans?

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-15-smartest-animals-on-earth/analise.dubner

Pigs and sheep are farm animals. Squirrels are rodents...I don't eat them. I don't kill any animal for "sport".

Rumors exist of an underground Chinese market were human meat is sold to the wealthy elite. Presumably from the bodies of failed North Korean refugees. Does that mean that eating human meat is okay too?

Don't see much of an argument here.

Last edited:
it's not my list,I found it on the web did you even bother click on the link,,,,,,,,,,,,,,extinction is a part of nature,,, as man continues to expand their population if the wild animals can not adapt they will perish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the bottom line is man is a killer and always will be,,and if the SHTF you will either join the club or eventually die

you think about that it is a simple truth,,,like it or not

it's not my list,I found it on the web did you even bother click on the link,,,,,,,,,,,,,,extinction is a part of nature,,, as man continues to expand their population if the wild animals can not adapt they will perish ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the bottom line is man is a killer and always will be,,and if the SHTF you will either join the club or eventually die

you think about that it is a simple truth,,,like it or not

It just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

I've been to supermarkets in Japan were dolphin meat was sold. The world is cruel enough already as it is. That doesn't mean I have to contribute to the chaos of it all.

- Elephants can live to a life span well into their 80s.

- They exibit signs of awareness and social bonding that far surpasses that of most living things.

- They have existed for more than 55 million years...long before man.

Who am I to take an elephants life for sport?

You all can believe and do whatever you want. We're not the center of the universe.

As far as the very unlikely event of SHTF is concerned...I believe many "trophy hunters" would be the first to go. Live by the sword die by the sword.

I don't confuse compassion with ones will to live. That doesn't mean I'd be looking for trouble.

Last edited:
I'm dealing strictly in facts bub.

Your arguments are nothing but bleeding heart gobbledygook. You aren't proving anything other than your complete ignorance on the subject.

Your creating your own facts with your photo edited versions of charts found on the Internet. This all coming from a supposedly religious person. I'm sure your trophy hunting experience will allow you to cut in front of line in the pearly gates of heaven...assuming your heaven even exists.

Oh wait...we're talking facts right doctor?

Last edited:
toexit,,,there is no talking to you,it must be your way or you will argue endlessly ,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am going to do my best to ignore you from this point on,,,,have a good life

toexit,,,there is no talking to you,it must be your way or you will argue endlessly ,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am going to do my best to ignore you from this point on,,,,have a good life

Quite the contrary. It would appear that in order to fit in here I have to buy into backwards thinking nonsense.

A religious doctor is trying to sell me on the morals of trophy hunting. I'm not the one attempting to justify the unnecessary killing of intelligent endangered animals as a means of entertainment here.

If I am so ridiculous than why do you keep responding to my posts. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head. This is a debate. I've stated my stance and will defend it. I'm not trying to impose my belief system on anyone here.

This thread could have been closed a long time ago as far as I'm concerned. For some reason...some people keep attempting to transform this debate into something completely different from its original intended subject.

READ MY ORIGINAL POST. I'm simply responding.

Last edited:
The date I inserted into your chart is easily verified. I didn't invent that information, I simply inserted it to give perspective to the dates on the chart.

If there is a SINGLE FACT I have stated that you can disprove, please do. Wild accusations about my motives or intentions or religion DON'T PROVE A DAMNED THING.

The date I inserted into your chart is easily verified. I didn't invent that information, I simply inserted it to give perspective to the dates on the chart.

If there is a SINGLE FACT I have stated that you can disprove, please do. Wild accusations about my motives or intentions or religion DON'T PROVE A DAMNED THING.

You're the one trying to sell trophy hunting. Your trying to transform this debate into a political one to justify your blood thirst hobby. This thread is about my acknowledgement of the loss of a trophy hunters life. In my acknowledging his death I first made it clear that I do not agree with trophy hunting of intelligent endangered wildlife or the people who take part.

Ur trying to use politics and conservation to justify the taking the life of an advanced creature like an elephant for sport.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous to argue that wealthy people take part in trophy hunting because they care about the conservation of animals.

What better way to show how much you care than to take a life.

Last edited:
So, let me get this straight...because you started this thread, nobody is allowed to disagree with you...

Uh Huh...

I am making no moral arguments one way or another. I already told you I could not hunt elephants myself. I am TRYING to explain to you why it is necessary for African nations to allow trophy hunting if they really want to keep the elephants from going the way of the Northern White Rhino. Why people decide to hunt elephants is their business.

If you had your way, you would "love" the elephants into extinction.

Latest posts

Back