crushed by elephant

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score
Theunis Botha.jpg.hashed.1de6e331.desktop.story.inline.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-elephant-felled-by-gunfire-collapses-on-him/

Now I don't see anything wrong with hunting for food obviously...as we all have to eat. However I don't see why anyone would need to hunt an elephant for sport. Elephants are far more intelligent and self aware than your average game. With that being said...it's unfortunate he lost his life.

Last edited:
View attachment 6995

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-elephant-felled-by-gunfire-collapses-on-him/

Now I don't see anything wrong with hunting for food obviously...as we all have to eat. However I don't see why anyone would need to hunt an elephant for sport. Elephants are far more intelligent and self aware than your average game. With that being said...it's unfortunate he lost his life.
Poetic Justice I suppose. That elephant will provide a lot of meat to the villagers and needed cash. I personally have no desire to "hunt" an elephant, but it's up to each country to set their own game laws.
I agree with you that elephants are intelligent critters. About 10 years ago I was drinking beer in a bar in Thailand when a kid came in to the bar riding an elephant. That elephant could really put the beer away.....

Poetic Justice I suppose. That elephant will provide a lot of meat to the villagers and needed cash. I personally have no desire to "hunt" an elephant, but it's up to each country to set their own game laws.
I agree with you that elephants are intelligent critters. About 10 years ago I was drinking beer in a bar in Thailand when a kid came in to the bar riding an elephant. That elephant could really put the beer away.....

Yeah I agree that each country should have its own laws concerning wildlife. Hunting to feed is one thing. Hunting such a highly intelligent creature for sport as an Elephant should be illegal in my opinion.

Last edited:
Isn't it the same as for the countries who eat what we call pets. . . dogs, cats, horses,etc? Just because it would be cruel in our country doesn't mean that it hasn't been done in others for centuries. Would I? Not at this time, but never say never. Near where mom lived there was an oriental resteraunt that sold dog meat without the publics knowledge. Wasn't found out till health department did a surprise visit. But I agree with Article. . . poetic justice can be a beautiful thing.

Isn't it the same as for the countries who eat what we call pets. . . dogs, cats, horses,etc? Just because it would be cruel in our country doesn't mean that it hasn't been done in others for centuries. Would I? Not at this time, but never say never. Near where mom lived there was an oriental resteraunt that sold dog meat without the publics knowledge. Wasn't found out till health department did a surprise visit. But I agree with Article. . . poetic justice can be a beautiful thing.

metador_1460981777.jpeg

43cf1da1440b41030d0a4d7ee530dadd.jpg

It's like bullfighting in Spain. It's been going on LONG before the United States even existed. It's essentially part of their culture. That doesn't change the fact that it's cruel and unnecessary.

The Bulls are starved, partially blinded, placed in dark confined boxes just before being released to chaos only to be tortured and butchered for entertainments sake.

Now I don't proclaim to be emperor of the universe but that doesn't make it right. Causing unnecessary pain and suffering for sport or entertainment...especially to an advanced creature like an elephant is ridiculous in my opinion.

The only reason why it's permitted is because there is a lot of money involved.

Last edited:
There you are talking about cruelty to animals which I am totally against. I an talking about if an animal is killed for food purposes and not for the fun of it. There is a big difference. I don't agree with "sport" hunting although I know it is popular, my hunnys boss goes over to Africa to kill the exotic game there to bring home and keep as trophy mounts. The only reason I ever agree that an animal be killed is for food and when that is done, use every part of that animal as you can. All of ours have been brought up with love and care. . . I'm sure the heck not going to let any of their parts go to waste when they are processed. So if certain countries rely on a certain animal as a food source than so be it. If the elephant was killed to provide meat to a village than so be it, but if for the sport of hunting to just kill to be killed, shame on them, but they are not tortured.

There you are talking about cruelty to animals which I am totally against. I an talking about if an animal is killed for food purposes and not for the fun of it. There is a big difference. I don't agree with "sport" hunting although I know it is popular, my hunnys boss goes over to Africa to kill the exotic game there to bring home and keep as trophy mounts. The only reason I ever agree that an animal be killed is for food and when that is done, use every part of that animal as you can. All of ours have been brought up with love and care. . . I'm sure the heck not going to let any of their parts go to waste when they are processed. So if certain countries rely on a certain animal as a food source than so be it. If the elephant was killed to provide meat to a village than so be it, but if for the sport of hunting to just kill to be killed, shame on them, but they are not tortured.

I made it crystal clear that I don't have a problem with killing for food. Clearly we all need to eat. Trophy hunting elephants or bullfighting are hardly examples of fulfilling the need for food.

The only reason why I brought up bullfighting is because you brought up the cultural component. People eat dogs in China because it's another way to make a buck. In China they kill anything as long as it can be sold. The dollar comes first. That doesn't make it right is all I'm saying.

A clean kill is not the same as torture as in bull fighting IMHO, I'm not a trophy hunter nor do I really approve of trophy hunting though as long as it's a clean kill and no waste of the meat than not much of a problem with me. Most legitimate guides in Africa are humane in the taking of game as in this Country. I for one won't hunt elephants nor game animals that is significantly depleted such as the elephants with that said, it's up to the Country to decide and hopefully they take conservation into account when issuing permits as many already do in Africa.

I saw this article early this morning. After reading it I had the same emotions as most expresses here. I can't actually say I'm disturbed by his death as I think trophy hunting is wrong, espechially with intelligent animals. I'm sure those elephants left in the herd will mourn their lost members. I do hope the guides give the meat from these hunts to people and it dosent just go to waste.

View attachment 6995

The real sad truth is that if elephant population is not controlled they devastate the areas they are in, their old migration routes have been cut off by human development, a few years after 94 they stopped culling elephants in the Kruger it nearly wrecked the whole eco system, so if was not for our progress there would have been no need to hunt them for sport, till someone comes up with a better solution, this will remain a sad reality.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The real sad truth is that if elephant population is not controlled they devastate the areas they are in, their old migration routes have been cut off by human development, a few years after 94 they stopped culling elephants in the Kruger it nearly wrecked the whole eco system, so if was not for our progress there would have been no need to hunt them for sport, till someone comes up with a better solution, this will remain a sad reality.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Just like the deer here, if not culled out by hunting and with no natural predators here anymore, they would starve to death if the population was left unchecked. Do you know if anyone eats the elephants meat?

Do you know if anyone eats the elephants meat?
Absolutely. Any time an elephant is killed legally, the meat goes to local villages.

Moral posturing aside...:rolleyes:

Let's put this as succinctly as possible:

Allow sport hunting for elephants: deprive the poachers, feed villages and save the elephants.
Ban sport hunting for elephants: enable the poachers, starve villages, and doom the elephants to extinction.

Ivory bans have not stopped poachers or the black market ivory trade. All they accomplished was to drive up the price of ivory to the point where many government officials started taking bribes to help the poachers. When Kenya banned sport hunting, President Kenyatta's family was openly involved in the illegal ivory trade. Within 5 years of the ban, Kenya lost half it's elephant population, and they have been in decline ever since. The Northern White Rhino is now EXTINCT in the wild. The last small herd in Kenya had armed guards following it around 24 hours a day, and it still got wiped out. The Southern White Rhino, which can still be legally hunted, has had an INCREASE in population in the last ten years.

East Africa used to be a wildlife paradise. Now, thanks to the ban on sport hunting, if you want to see herds of elephants and rhinos, you have to go south.

Last edited:
I love the psychology behind the justification for trophy hunting. These are the same people whom claim to believe in Jesus and the afterlife.

"Yeah see by allowing me to down this here creature you are allowing me to save the universe."

Moral posturing huh. Who is weak here?

Some rich guy (more than likely with no combat experience) flys across the world with a $5,000 rifle to trophy a display of his manliness.

Your target: An almost extinct highly sophisticated creature whom has existed long before man. One whom exhibits the ability of forming strong social bonds and arguably indicators of mourning their dead.

You enter this animals domain and a murder it from afar as if this is some how an accomplishment. Then in order to justify this you claim that you're helping the order of things. As if you care. Moral posturing huh?

I don't need to fly across the world to kill an elephant to feel more capable or accomplished as a man.

Last edited:
Just the facts, ma'am...

Those are your facts ma'am. If you trophy hunt, that's your right. Just be real about it. Don't try to sugar coat it for what it is.

Hunting deer for food and trophy hunting an elephant are two completely different things.

Last edited:
Modern Poachers caused more deaths and wasted meat than big game hunters in the last 60 or so years, two primary losses were/are the ivory trade (poaching) and habitat loss not big game hunting.

This is probably true and I'm not disputing this. However, two wrongs don't make a right.

In my eyes trophy hunting exotic endangered animals...particularly ones as advanced as an Elephant is WEAK. That is my opinion in the matter. Not that it makes any difference to trophy hunters.

Do we start killing the humans to extend the current level of the elephants habitat? Once the animal begins to expand so does its habitat that will extend far into populated areas! Right now not much we can do except maintain what habitat is left and the only way is through conservation, we have to maintain a balance between animal and humans, I prefer we maintain through conservation and one way is using hunting permits as we do in this country for various games. I would prefer conservation over frenzy killing and that would be the case if the habitat were allowed to expand into local villages.

Latest posts

Back