Collapse coming?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know how much anyone can prepare for a total collapse. I guess by being financially smart enough to be out of debt, have some savings and own your home outright then your as set as you can be. Having some good and silver to use for trade might be a nice thing too.

Defining "Total Collapse". My understanding would be no government, no banking, no law enforcement, no currency, and no courts. Debt, deeds, money, property ownership would be meaningless, if you could not enforce your claim. I don't see a 'Total Collapse" but I do see a recession or a depression. A total collapse would require an extinction type event. A total collapse does not benefit any of the powers to be.

Defining "Total Collapse". My understanding would be no government, no banking, no law enforcement, no currency, and no courts. Debt, deeds, money, property ownership would be meaningless, if you could not enforce your claim. I don't see a 'Total Collapse" but I do see a recession or a depression. A total collapse would require an extinction type event. A total collapse does not benefit any of the powers to be.
Another Great Depression would qualify as a collapse of our monetary system to me. Words are just words though. If you can’t buy a cup of coffee then that qualifies as an extinction event to me as well!

I can't see this leading to total collapse. But some real issues for 6 months? Sure. I'm not yet exactly where I'd want to be, but I feel prepped enough for this so far. I've really done all I can within my means and resources, for now, so it is what it is. We're all stocked up with food, water, animal feed, and household stuff, for at least a month or two comfortably, and with rationing after, and other means, but I really don't want to get to that point. We're self-quarantining at home until this blows over, and both of us are working at home.

I don’t know how much anyone can prepare for a total collapse. I guess by being financially smart enough to be out of debt, have some savings and own your home outright then your as set as you can be. Having some good and silver to use for trade might be a nice thing too.

That is how I see it too. If you have no debt, have savings, own your home and have some silver and gold...it should be enough to survive. Along with growing your own food and having animals. Trade would come back almost instantly and those with needed skills would be fine too in my estimation. With that criteria we are prepared. Sure, I’d like more land and my darn fruit trees to do better. Also would like some goats.

I think things might get difficult for awhile but I wouldn't think this will lead to a complete collapse. I feel ok with having a few months worth of everything. If it's worse than that I guess I'm screwed.

I love your dog! So cute! There are always ways to get by. You just have to look for them.

My definition of collapse is like a second Depression. Like you, I can’t see the world powers allowing it to happen.

I can't see this leading to total collapse. But some real issues for 6 months? Sure. I'm not yet exactly where I'd want to be, but I feel prepped enough for this so far. I've really done all I can within my means and resources, for now, so it is what it is. We're all stocked up with food, water, animal feed, and household stuff, for at least a month or two comfortably, and with rationing after, and other means, but I really don't want to get to that point. We're self-quarantining at home until this blows over, and both of us are working at home.

Thank you for the input Gazrok! Stay at home and stay safe!

I’d like to hear what all of you are planning should this Coronavirus plague create a Total Collapse of our Nation? Honestly I am feeling like I haven’t prepared enough for a collapse. Ideas and insight please.

I don't think this is a total collapse event but I do expect some type of recession/depression. The question is will it be global. It would also not surprise me to see food shortages for awhile.

Nah, there won't be a 'total collapse'. But the question is, 'then what?'. This will wrap up this year, probably by summertime. But then people will be digging out of a hole. Haven't worked for a month or two, past-due bills now catching up, and picking up the pieces. The question of debt becomes huge here. If you have debt, it can balloon like a nuke (yes, the gov't will manage that, but it'll be very painful for many). Gov'ts around the world will wake up from an awful hangover. I'm sure lots of Bernie supports will hope us 'wealthy debtfree boomers' drop dead so they can take our wealth to soften their impacts.

So, 'then what'. World gov't debt will go from unbelievable to "Cowabunga!". There may be some unified method gov'ts everywhere agree to use to reduce that (good luck with that). People will have the same problems. It's going to be a hard fall into a deep hole. Lots of ways to dig out. Look at China... they shut down for 2-3 months & are jumping (slowly) right back to work. Nothing helps pay off debt like going to work.

There’s a depression coming. I was just put on notice. Most of you know me. I’m not an alarmist. This isn’t a drill. We are actually at the edge of another Great Depression. I’m hoping not but several of the very Rich people I work for are circling the wagons for a financial crisis beyond 2007. Please be ready guys.

There’s a depression coming. I was just put on notice. Most of you know me. I’m not an alarmist. This isn’t a drill. We are actually at the edge of another Great Depression. I’m hoping not but several of the very Rich people I work for are circling the wagons for a financial crisis beyond 2007. Please be ready guys.

I'm getting the same indicators.

I thought you said this was nothing to worry about?

Of course there will be a depression. Nobody can skip working for a few months and not expect to have severe financial consequences.

Attachments

• humor-lake-of-debt.jpg
    humor-lake-of-debt.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 8
We will not see a total collapse, there are too many ULTRA RICH out there with so much personal money that only one of them could write a check for the losses back in the Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac situation. ( 700 billion $) The stock exchange dropped once back then and only 6%. the loss of 6% of one day at the stock exchange was 600 Billion. Those people cannot build yachts, Ferraris, Lear Jets and make any food, they have to depend on us little taxpayers to do the dirty work. They will assure their own welfare, keep the world internet up, keep track and control of their billions, make up for the losses by investing in us little people to survive (with some losses), make themselves look like the heros of the world and get elected again to the Fortune 500 clubs and such...hang in, hang on, hang around, wait for the green light again and keep driving. We survived 2 world wars, earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, forest fires, stock crashes, colds, divorces and constipation. We will not all be happy and come out of this story richer, but we will learn to stick together, trust our prepping, see where the weak spots and change our plans a bit for the future...Live free, Gary

I was talking about the virus specifically there and I maintain my statement. If your over 60 hide outside of that it’s bs.
This has nothing to do with the virus. The oil war Saudi has started with Russia will push the issue. The bank have been making bloated loans again and it’s all coming to roost. The quarantine is just accelerating it. It was coming regardless of the disease.

Another Great Depression would qualify as a collapse of our monetary system to me. Words are just words though. If you can’t buy a cup of coffee then that qualifies as an extinction event to me as well!

7 Kilos of Douwe Egberts Pure Gold on my shelves just in case :)

Latest posts

Back