Cali wildfire

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've known preppers in CA. The old saying 'lay down with dogs, get up with fleas' is as true as ever.

There are going to be consequences of living among the stupid. I don't advice it. It will hurt. I don't care if they've lived there for 50 years. Do I wish them harm? No. Do I know they will suffer harm due to their choices of places to be? Yup. Their choice, their consequences.

Do I feel bad? Not really. It's not about feelings. It's about using your head. Would you feel bad if someone went into the swamp to wrestle alligators and gets eaten? Is it really any different of a situation?

Is it God's wrath? Maybe, maybe not, it's not for us to know. We do know people there reject God, and hence reject His protection. I would add that to the long list of 'stupid' that fills Californistan.
People have a choice of where to live. I live on the New Madrid fault, so if I suffer from an earthquake, I have to take my punches and not blame the government or who ever. I try not to make God unhappy with me as well. Not saying that it will prevent troubles, because rain falls on good and bad alike. But, tempting God is a whole other story, I refuse to shake my finger at Him.

Utility contacted woman about power line problems day before deadly wildfire, report says

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utility-...ower-line-problems-day-before-deadly-wildfire
There are so many many regulations out there regarding fires, and keeping brush cut back, etc. It is a fire zone and it is that simple, it was a fire area before it was inhabited and as long as there are things growing there it always will be. People need to take that into consideration when living or working there. It is a chance they take for living where they want to.

Satellite view of Paradise, California burning.

OQqnQm3.png

Last edited:
I just had a 'duh' moment.

California simply needs to pass a law that bans wildfires. Seriously.

They think that laws against guns will stop gun crimes. They think that laws will make people eat healthier. Why not think that a piece of paper will stop all these fires?

I don't see where these are any different.

There's quite a few I've seen like that. You can see where the fire burned through the understory from the left, but it's still strange that the houses are just ash piles, but the trees and even the dry grass is untouched.

I don't know what it means. Probably that I don't understand fire front propogation.

Photos from the air can be misleading, fires will run in the dry grass, if the tree was trimmed up 6-10 feet from the ground the tree don’t burn but the grass and building will, I see this almost every summer during fire season to help prevent the fire going tree top to tree top, we always trimmed the trees up 10 feet. People using photos like thinking something is wrong or pushing some paranoid conspiracy are just plain ignorant.

I saw where Jerry Brown actuallynagreesnwith Trump and is changing the logging regulations to get rid of some of the dead and dry trees and underbrush.

Personally, I have lots of fire hazardous brush and trees. I just can't clean it alone. Plus, my property adjoins the Corps of Engineer land. They came this Summer and said "nope. Can't cut any trees no matter how gross, invasive, etc". They did say I could cut privit because its such a pain and everyone hates it.

Latest posts

Back