Your Food Storage Equation...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a Chinese wife, tofu is kind of unavoidable for me (but I still try, LOL)
There are a million different kinds of tofu and ways of cooking tofu. One or two of them I actually like.
Most types of tofu have almost no flavor by themselves, but take on the flavor of whatever they're cooked with. So it's not the taste I don't like, it is the texture...with one or two exceptions...
She knows which type I'll eat, so unless she's just cooking for herself, she'll cook it the way I'll eat it. Even then sometimes I won't eat it if it's too mushy. I can tell by picking up a piece with a fork whether I'll eat it or not.
She must have the inside information on where to buy the good stuff, too!

Our grocery store offers one brand- in silken or extra firm. Ha. Sometimes if we're lucky, they'll have tempeh, too.

just what have you got? if anything.
Well i've got the love of Jesus in my baby-blue eyes and this cache..:)-

shtf-stock.jpg

View attachment 18245
I've seen that photo before., it hasnt altered since last time.
some alleged invisible supernatural entity wont help you when the chips are down, you've got to do all that by yourself.
you call that a cache? LOL.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Land prices have skyrocketed here too. Last year I was looking at a place for sale about 5 miles down the road from us. It was 55 acres split off a large ranch. It sold for over $650,000! Not too many years ago it would have sold for a thousand an acre.
It's gonna be ok.......these land prices are transitory. Thanks Joe.

Preppers that had the ability to visualize the future and get their homestead acquired years ago now see their wisdom and confirmation as to the ability to think and plan , sometimes decades ahead . Those that didn't are now hanging dangling in the wind of fate . Without a homestead , surviving after the bombs drop is unlikely .

some alleged invisible supernatural entity wont help you when the chips are down, you've got to do all that by yourself.

1- Some so-called "christians" are krapheads so steer clear of them mate or their bad vibes will mess you up-
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible: Proverbs 13:20)
So only hang with true level-headed 'iron men' Christians ..:)-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:17)

2- As a loner with only my mouth to feed, my cache will last me for ages.
Check this schematic, that pile on the left will last one person a long time, but if he has to halve it with another person, he'll only have that small pile on the right..:)

food-pile.jpg

I've seen that photo before., it hasnt altered since last time.
Yeah that photo looked familiar to me too. Mini fridge? Unless someone has the resources of a garden to eat fresh everyday, livestock from either raising your own or hunting that are reliable and the know how to preserve the extra, this amount of canned goods and junk snack food won't keep a man for long. "This cache" would be better hidden away from the home as a last resort. Just my opinion.

1- I bounce around all sorts of forums under assorted screennames so it's quite possible i've been in this forum a while back which is why you might have seen my sensational pics etc before..:)

2- Most canned food lasts up to around 4 years, so a cache will give us a few years breathing space to set up a group in the countryside and begin growing our own brussel sprouts and potatoes and stuff..:)

1- I bounce around all sorts of forums under assorted screennames so it's quite possible i've been in this forum a while back which is why you might have seen my sensational pics etc before..:)

2- Most canned food lasts up to around 4 years, so a cache will give us a few years breathing space to set up a group in the countryside and begin growing our own brussel sprouts and potatoes and stuff..:)
Have you gardened? It's not as simple as you try to make it.

Have you gardened? It's not as simple as you try to make it.

I've lived in big cities all my life without a garden, but I should imagine it's simple enough, you just plant seeds, water them, then eat the finished product when it comes up, or am I missing something?..:)
Here's Jimmy in East of Eden and his bean field-

I've lived in big cities all my life without a garden, but I should imagine it's simple enough, you just plant seeds, water them, then eat the finished product when it comes up, or am I missing something?..:)
Sometimes it is actually that simple. But most of the time it is not.

See Genesis 3:17-19 for why.

Sometimes it is actually that simple. But most of the time it is not.

See Genesis 3:17-19 for why.

Yeah, wifey was to blame..:)

"To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life" (Gen 3:17-19)

It went like this-

SATAN - "Hmm, that apple looks yummy.."
EVE - "I'm not supposed to touch it"
SATAN - "Don't be daft, if you don't have it Adam will, and then laugh at you for being a dumb little girly, you know how men are"
EVE - "I'm forbidden to have it"
SATAN - "Hmm...Your skin looks a bit dry, fresh fruit would work wonders for your complexion"
EVE - "Leave me alone!"
SATAN - "It'll just rot if left on the tree, what a waste.."
EVE - "Shut up"
SATAN - "Apples are good for teeth, you don't want yours to turn black do you?"
EVE - "Oh be quiet!"
SATAN - "You'll get scurvy without vitamin C and your gums will puff up like a boxers gumshield"..
EVE - "Clam up!"
SATAN - "Okay okay, scuse me for breathing, none of my business if you want to end up looking like a cross between Mike Tyson and Nancy Pelosi"..
EVE - "Hmm okay, I'd better eat it, but don't tell anyone"
SATAN - "Sure, sure, you can trust me"..

Did forget your last login name?
I remember that cache pic too.
Time for #3 on the list.

Let me see if I got this straight. 1) Here is self proclaimed prepper that has never grown anything. 2) He is going to form a group for when it hits the fan. 3) He is going to head for the boonies to live off the land. 4( He is going to transport enough food for his group to survive on, until he can grow enough food for him and his group. 4) Does not own any firearms, due to past criminal record. 5) Does not own any land out in the boonies. 6) Has lived all his life in cities. Gee what could go wrong with this plan? Can we say, dead man walking!!! o_O

Let me see if I got this straight. 1) Here is self proclaimed prepper that has never grown anything. 2) He is going to form a group for when it hits the fan. 3) He is going to head for the boonies to live off the land. 4( He is going to transport enough food for his group to survive on, until he can grow enough food for him and his group. 4) Does not own any firearms, due to past criminal record. 5) Does not own any land out in the boonies. 6) Has lived all his life in cities. Gee what could go wrong with this plan? Can we say, dead man walking!!! o_O
has never grown his own food.
thinks you just throw seeds on the ground, sit back and watch it grow,
thinks a small stock of food will last forever, no way of replacing what is used.
what could possibly go wrong? just about everything.

Last edited:

View attachment 18245

Darlin' I hate to tell you but, 42 cans of food at one meal per can, 2 eats per day (and unbalanced starvation calorie count) will last you three weeks. You have a months supply at best.

If you are reasonably slim and plan on riding that bike of yours anywhere, you are not going to have the strength to do it.

Your money would be better spent on things like bags of whole grain wheat or oats which could either be planted or ground into flour. If kept in climate controlled conditions it will keep about the same time. But, eat it as you go, add to it and replace it and it will last perpetually. Store it with oxygen absorbers in a sealed pail and it could keep for decades.

Either way, that "stash" is a start but, not enough yet.

Last edited:
Darlin' I hate to tell you but, 42 cans of food at one meal per can, 2 eats per day (and unbalanced starvation calorie count) will last you three weeks. You have a months supply at best.

With rationing I can make it last a couple of months, by which time the Authorities might have organised food convoys into the cities, or the emergency has passed, depending what kind of emergency it is..:)
But anyway, even if somebody has a gigantic food store it's going to run out eventually.
Sure, mine might run out before theirs but hey I'm kool, nobody lives forever :cool: -

How about it Chief?-

Tecumseh.jpg

With rationing I can make it last a couple of months, by which time the Authorities might have organised food convoys into the cities, or the emergency has passed, depending what kind of emergency it is..:)
But anyway, even if somebody has a gigantic food store it's going to run out eventually.
Sure, mine might run out before theirs but hey I'm kool, nobody lives forever :cool: -

How about it Chief?-

View attachment 18261

That month time frame WAS rationed!

Don't count on ANYTHING coming from the government unless your #1 long term plan is to go to a shelter camp; in which case you are not a prepper.

I hope you have a gun, one bullet and the intelligence to place it correctly because dying of starvation is the worst way to go.

Your body bloats and your skin becomes translucent. Then, as the fluid continues to fill between muscle and skin, the skin begins to split and rip like an overblown water balloon; the fluid leaks out. Because you are unable to move, you end up lying in the leaked fluid as it begins to putrefy; you may lay there like that for more than a month before you die with additional misery....

Food stores are temporary, which is why you learn to forage natural sources and grow but even fast producers like beans, take about two months before harvest. Seeds are relatively inexpensive and, some are simple enough to grow with time and attention.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back