Where's winter!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today. Zero and sunny this morning and no wind. Yesterday we had blowing and drifting snow. This weekend they're expecting a foot of snow.

what I like with snow is that it makes everything more quiet..and it's all matter how you dress,wether you freeze or not ;)

yeah quiet is good..but so is watching some idiot driving way to fast.and ends up in the ditch,uninjured..then going out and asking.need help? LOL

We are going to get our first taste of winter tomorrow night. They are saying some accumulation, with possibly 6inches in the higher points. I'm looking forwards to the snow, but then it is going to drop to 18 degs. I was dreading the temp drop until I read jonttes and arctics posts. He'll I'm feeling like Florida compared to them!

We are going to get our first taste of winter tomorrow night. They are saying some accumulation, with possibly 6inches in the higher points. I'm looking forwards to the snow, but then it is going to drop to 18 degs. I was dreading the temp drop until I read jonttes and arctics posts. He'll I'm feeling like Florida compared to them!

Lol! You're getting what we're missing. Looks like we'll get a couple inches, but it's gonna be colder than a welldigger's butt until Monday, and not much better then. I guess I'll see about whether or not to go to this weekends prepper show Saturday....

Given that we don't have much for snow removal equipment, maybe I'll test out my new sleeping bag..... close to the fire.
About six years ago there was an ice storm here. The county to my north had 1 snow plow. I'm not sure how many miles of roads, but needless to say it was a mess. I hope they invested in more equipment by now.

About six years ago there was an ice storm here. The county to my north had 1 snow plow. I'm not sure how many miles of roads, but needless to say it was a mess. I hope they invested in more equipment by now.

Actually we had a few years with snow here, so they did spend a little of our money on some stuff, but not much.... we don't have any snow plows around here, but I've seen them use road graders before in a pinch.

Actually we had a few years with snow here, so they did spend a little of our money on some stuff, but not much.... we don't have any snow plows around here, but I've seen them use road graders before in a pinch.
I'm fine with snow, but if it turns to ice, I'm taking a day to relax.

Yep. In 1985 we had about 6 inches of sleet, then about an inch of freezing rain. The high temp for the next couple weeks was 10 frickin degrees... everything was shut down, and I went stir crazy... a day or three is fine, but much more isn't good...

We are getting our cold tomorrow but even today the woodstove has been going. Hadn't heard the heater kick on once but when we get down in the 20s will be the real test to see how it goes. I may end up lighting the fireplace too and just keep them both going. We have about 50% chance of rain for Friday and I plan on being in & out checking on pregnant goats. Going to keep some towels warm & on standby, just in case. With the freezing temps those babes will need help getting warmed up. . And if babes come, hunny will just have to get over it if goats are in the house again!;)

i hope that we do succeed in getting our primary shopping for the month done,if we end up iced in or what ever.on account,we have to go down a hill,cross a bridge (large drain pipe under it),then up another hill.same on way back home..and it's a well shaded area..we have two directions at heading out.in which both directions are like that..

Had to pick the wife up at the airport on Tuesday. It was a 13 hour round trip. It was 5 degs and snowing hard when I left home and didn't see another vehicle on the road until I got to the highway 20 miles away. For the first hour or so on the highway I saw 6 vehicles and three were snow plows. The road goes through several canyons and over a couple of passes and follows a river. It got me thinking that it would be very easy to slide off the road not be seen by passing motorists. With the heavy snowfall it wouldn't take long to cover a stranded vehicle making it impossible to see. This is one of the reasons I carry extra blankets, heavy clothing, food, water and fire making stuff in each of our cars. Prepping isn't only for major disasters but also for any type of problem you may run into.

Latest posts

Back