Where's winter!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we've gotten no where close,to even a possibility of a frost yet.but yet have some cool mornings tho.which means,a light weight jacket for outside.and a electric space heater,long enough to get the coolness out of the living-room..

we've gotten no where close,to even a possibility of a frost yet.but yet have some cool mornings tho.which means,a light weight jacket for outside.and a electric space heater,long enough to get the coolness out of the living-room..
Same situation here. I am greatful it's cool in the early morning as I can work outside without overheating. I'm also opening up the house early and am able to limit the AC. Still is hot as can be in the middle of the day though. That's when I run errands and such.

the heat of the day here,is the 80's now..so i could handle having the front/back doors open,and the storm-door windows open..but no can do with my mom.on account she has a hard/bad time with the heat..

so get out there on a bicycle with narrow tires then..just make sure there's ice on the roads first.. :p

Our first frost was mid September, then warm (mid 40's) most days since. We have had a few more frosty mornings but nothing cold, well one morning was 14 degs then it warmed up again. Looks like it will freeze tonight. I'm taking advantage of this warm weather to put more posts in the ground and do as much building as possible.

will do my friend,hope this snow stays but....as the ground is still warm I wouldn't bet on it.

Winter's been slow gettin' here too. We look like we are finally about to get some cooler weather (although, with daytime temps in the mid 80's & lower 50's at nite, it hasn't exactly been un-bearable) starting tonite. Looks like we're heading for highs in the lower 60's.....no freezes on the map yet. Likely to get some rain this week as well.

It's coming. Low 30's at night and mid 40's in the day. Got a cold wind blowing today but the sun is shining bright. I can see snow on all the higher peaks around here. Won't be long before we have snow down here too. I'd like to see it hold off for a couple more weeks so I can finish some projects.

14955794_658215407671255_3439541242152117992_n.jpg
just waiting for that ;)

I have a large creek on the back of the property that I've been wanting to tap into. It has never run dry to my knowledge, so should be a good resource. I'm looking for a pump that can use the force of the flow to provide power for the pump, but still have the lift to get up the incline. Electricity is the obvious easy choice, but I want something that will keep working no matter what happens.
http://www.dailyview.co/strong-water-pump-requires-no-electricity/

That's the same thing I built. My problem is with the elevation drop. Even though I live in mountains the creeks don't drop very much on my property. You need the drop to get the water pressure to operate the ram pump. It is a great idea, and has been around since I believe the late 1700's. Once electricity was common people just lost interest in the ram pump as its not super efficient. The 24/7 operation can help offset the lack of volume though.

This morning I had to go out early at 04.30. At the house it was an unbelievable 49 degs. By the time I made it to the bottom of my driveway it was in the mid 20's. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the bottom of my drive. Look's like another sunny day.

looks like winter is deffently here..and we need to go out tomorrow...so i'll be keeping a eye on things..even if it means walking down the road to check out a bridge we'll have to cross while heading out,and coming back home..

Thursday will feature cloudy skies and even some drizzle. Highs will only be in the 40s to near 50 across the south, then falling into the 40s.

Friday, another arctic airmass, along with a weak disturbance will move thru the state giving us the CHANCE of a little light snow or a wintry mix.
Right now, Looks like light snow chances will arrive across the I-30 corridor overnight into early Friday morning. The chances for snow will increase farther south near the I-20 corridor by Friday midday thru Friday night. A light wintry mix will be possible across the central & southern sections. Accumulations look fairly light, with areas along & north of I-20 with a chance for a dusting. Areas near the I-30 corridor will see the potential for amounts up to an inch, mainly on elevated surfaces.
Any wintry precip should quickly come to an end by Friday night, with clearing skies and much colder temps! We will drop into the teens by Saturday morning.
Either way much colder weather returns to the region with this front into the weekend!

Latest posts

Back