What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made chicken soup tonight. I've been battling sinuses and sore throat for a few days and peppermint, lemon ginger tea with honey, and Nyquil haven't cured it so it's time for the real medicine. LOL

I made chicken soup tonight. I've been battling sinuses and sore throat for a few days and peppermint, lemon ginger tea with honey, and Nyquil haven't cured it so it's time for the real medicine. LOL

Nightquil doesn't cure anything. It only reduces the symptoms and makes you feel better.

This thread has been neglected due to the virus so I figured I’d throw something in it. I just spatchcocked a turkey and threw it in the oven. I season with olive oil, garlic, onion, pepper, light on the seasond salt and a touch of poultry seasoning. When you flatten the bird out like this and roast it on 450degrees, you can cook a 13 lb bird in less than 1.5 hrs. It comes out perfectly juicy and with crispy skin all over it instead of just the top. So turkey went in the oven and I thru the neck, trimmings and organs into a pot with onion, mushrooms, and seasonings to cook down for the gravy. I usually pour in some turkey drippings into this as well near the end. For sides I have instant mashed potatoes and asparagus spears with olive oil, seasonings and parmasian cheese sprinkled over it. It will get roasted just as the turkey is finishing up. Just because we are on quarantine dosent mean we can’t eat well. So I’m going to be creative with the turkey and stretch this out for a few days. I usually vacuum freezer bag the legs and a thigh to be able to eat some down the road.too. I’m most excited about fresh turkey gravy. It one of my favorite things in life! The dogs get the residual of the gravy boil. It’s probably not good for them with the onion in it but they will die happy at least! With restaurants closed and everyone having more time on their hands I figured this thread would be active right now. Just not as exciting as the news right now I guess.

Turkey was perfect, crispy and juicy. I’m actually in pain right now from eating way too much! Luckily I finished putting everything away and cleaned the kitchen up. I’m toast for the rest of the night now.

I had Mac and cheese tonight,,,it's going to be a while before I have that again,,,I.m not sure it isn't coming back up
I actually bought a six pack of kraft. It looked like a quick and easy side dish for later. But I feel the same way when I eat it, kind of just blah. I like real food that’s not from a box. If it wasn’t for all the yard work I’ve been doing in be 20lbs heavier right now. Hey if I can’t go out, shop, travel or anything then I’m gonna cook and enjoy it at least!

Back