What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been eating on the run a lot lately and had a craving for healthy food. No, I'm not kidding!

I had already picked up the broccoli and was wandering around the supermarket trying to figure out what would go with it. When I walked by the seafood section that cod fillet called out my name, LOL.

The recipe was reverse engineered from a red snapper dish I had at a Greek restaurant in Jackson, Mississippi.

Last edited:
I've been eating on the run a lot lately and had a craving for healthy food. No, I'm not kidding!

I had already picked up the broccoli and was wandering around the supermarket trying to figure out what would go with it. When I walked by the seafood section that cod fillet called out my name, LOL.
Usually the only healthy food I ever crave is mediterranean food.

You inspired me to make some tabouleh tonight.
I designed a chef's knife specifically for making tabouleh. I was having to use multiple knives for all the chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing. It is made of a steel that was designed for making razor blades - AEB-L - that will take a sharper edge than most steels.

hhYYmbv.jpg

Plans for tonight. This morning before heading to work, I put 2 pounds of pinto bean in to soak. Once I get home will cook up a big pot of pintos. Fix some cornbread. Pinto Beans, cornbread with chow-chow on the side. GOOD EATING.

In a day or two, I will take the leftover pintos, add ground beef, chili seasoning and make some Chili Beans.

As far as prepping, I keep lots of dried beans and rice around. Cheap, easy to store and lots of protein and most important, family and I love them.

I designed a chef's knife specifically for making tabouleh. I was having to use multiple knives for all the chopping, slicing, dicing, and mincing. It is made of a steel that was designed for making razor blades - AEB-L - that will take a sharper edge than most steels.

hhYYmbv.jpg
I have to sharpen my knives several times while I'm making tabouleh (I admit that as much as I like knives, I don't have the best kitchen knives) and yes I use multiple knives. Maybe I need to get me something like this.

I have to admit that hunny and I ran the roads today. He is letting me do new granite counter tops for my kitchen which includes redoing my island which I am wanting to alter putting on a couple banter's turned upside down and adding a couple shelves.. Something like this. I have already taken off the double doors to my current and added in some kitchen related knick-knacks, Because of my stockroom, I really don't utilize my kitchen to it's capacity. On the other end, I am adding in some hooks that will hold a kitchen towel and maybe a colander, cutting board, or a cheese grater from hooks. Not sure as of yet. . . We have found a mom and pop type shop that is just starting out basically and much cheaper than the others. Their quality is there and according to the ratings the customer service is superb. Really looking forward to working with this couple. . . .Husband is an immigrant from Italy. Wife is local and they have 3 kids along with chickens and goats, in fact when they started out, it was in their back yard washing off the granite of chicken poop. They are the type of people I really want to work with. Rising their three kids with animals. Anyway since we were out and about I bought my hunny dinner. . . I ordered a fried catfish and popcorn shrimp, salad and shrimp fried rice. I may have eaten half so leftovers for tomorrow and he had a fried pork chop, 3 fried chicken wings and 1 catfish with shrimp fried rice. All for $22 bucks. . . not bad for a date night.
upload_2020-2-25_20-34-15.png

I used the instapot and made skinless breast’s and wedged potatoes in a Greek lemon juice. Amazing and was 25 minutes total time. I’m really liking this toy now.
Following it up with peanut m&m’s and a cold beer. Life is good

Latest posts

Back