WHAT IF THEY FIRE THE NUKES

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have encountered two different people that claimed to be preppers that were so afraid of this topic they were too afraid to even discuss it . They had something in common , they declared if a Nuclear war happened everyone was going to die so there was no need to even try to prepare for this scenario . Even anger seemed to erupt from them , that someone would dare try to survive a Nuclear War . This mentality seems to me as if , they believe they will die and want everyone else to die along with them . Strange times that we live in . -- Some don't even know whether they are a boy or a girl anymore .

Last edited:
Given the level of destruction and the finality of a nuclear war.
What's the point of launching one? I get that both sides have the power to launch it. But I still have never understood the WHY behind it...
What's the point of destroying the people, infrastructure and land? There's no coming back from that...
The one thing money cannot buy. Power.

I have encountered two different people that claimed to be preppers that were so afraid of this topic they were too afraid to even discuss it . They had something in common , they declared if a Nuclear war happened every was going to die so there was no need to even try to prepare for this scenario . Even anger seemed to erupt from them , that someone would dare try to survive a Nuclear War . This mentality seems to me as if , they believe they will die and want everyone else to die along with them . Strange times that we live in . -- Some don't even know whether they are a boy or a girl anymore .

Everyone is not going to die...if you survive, life will just become very much more difficult. The question everyone will have to ask for themselves is how hard are you willing to fight for a life that will never again resemble the easy times you have now? I have answered that question for myself a long time ago as a cold war kid.

I know we have been on the brink of WWIII. Hunny and I have been having a discussion over the last few days since we are probably located in a nuke area. Now that grandson's quilt is done, I am now full force in IF we had to do the bugging out. We never thought we would have to "bug out" so it will just have to be what it is. We can either go straight up north or west into LA and then straight up. Nuclear war was NEVER something I thought I would have to deal with in my life time. This is Hunny's second time.

I just thought I would explain how to build a Geiger counter for those who feel the need.
First get an insulated tube, (glass, plastic or rubber hose,) then insert a piece of copper tubing slightly shorter than the insulated tube. Maybe8 to 12 inches long. Solder a wire on one side towards the back.extenthe wire through the insulated tube and seal the hole tightly with lexal or silicone or epoxy. Push an insulated plug( like a cork ) into the end next to thwire protruding out the side. Then insert a solid copper wire through the center of the plug to near the open end. Don't let the wire be in contact with the copper tubing anywhere in the tube.make a small cap for the open end out of Mika( like you place in fireplace windows.) It should be as thin and you can comfortably sand it.fill the tube with argon or helium a seal the mica window to it. Try not to let your gas escape. Now , solder the leads on an electrical tester or meter to it. Now when radioactive particles pass through the mica, into the tube, it will ionize the gas making an electrical current. The more radiation, the stringer the current. So you would need to play with it to establish some sort of baseline pre nuke. But that's as simple as I can explain it.
IMG_20221017_225037574_HDR.jpg

Given the level of destruction and the finality of a nuclear war.
What's the point of launching one? I get that both sides have the power to launch it. But I still have never understood the WHY behind it...
What's the point of destroying the people, infrastructure and land? There's no coming back from that...
sounds a lot like man doesn't it

-Fable of the Scorpion and the Frog

"A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When asked why, the scorpion points out that this is its nature."

I just thought I would explain how to build a Geiger counter for those who feel the need.
First get an insulated tube, (glass, plastic or rubber hose,) then insert a piece of copper tubing slightly shorter than the insulated tube. Maybe8 to 12 inches long. Solder a wire on one side towards the back.extenthe wire through the insulated tube and seal the hole tightly with lexal or silicone or epoxy. Push an insulated plug( like a cork ) into the end next to thwire protruding out the side. Then insert a solid copper wire through the center of the plug to near the open end. Don't let the wire be in contact with the copper tubing anywhere in the tube.make a small cap for the open end out of Mika( like you place in fireplace windows.) It should be as thin and you can comfortably sand it.fill the tube with argon or helium a seal the mica window to it. Try not to let your gas escape. Now , solder the leads on an electrical tester or meter to it. Now when radioactive particles pass through the mica, into the tube, it will ionize the gas making an electrical current. The more radiation, the stringer the current. So you would need to play with it to establish some sort of baseline pre nuke. But that's as simple as I can explain it.View attachment 17631

That's so easy, what a simple thing to make. It's almost as easy as making ice cubes in Hell.

That's so easy, what a simple thing to make. It's almost as easy as making ice cubes in Hell.
Good knowledge to have if the one's I have fail but, time is limited (and I am engineer-ing-ly challenged when it comes to such things) so I bought three of them a few years back when they were still cheap and available.

Good knowledge to have if the one's I have fail but, time is limited (and I am engineer-ing-ly challenged when it comes to such things) so I bought three of them a few years back when they were still cheap and available.
I for one would not want to bet my family's life and my own life , that that home made radiation detector worked correctly . I suppose though if that was all that was available , it might be worth trying .

I just checked on E Bay , they do have radiation detectors for sale , from $ 30.00 up . I even found one like the one I have an Old Civil Defense issue radiation detector for sale , with shipping totaling about $ 150.00 . Wow I didn't pay but somewhere around 30 to 40 dollars for mine some years back .

I for one would not want to bet my family's life and my own life , that that home made radiation detector worked correctly . I suppose though if that was all that was available , it might be worth trying .

I have a t-shirt that says "I have a feeling my last words will be 'well Sh*t that didn't work'." so...yeah.

Europe and NATO do not understand that it is 5 past 12, Europe and NATO want to experience the nuclear winter at any price.
The next days could really come if Grandpa Joe and European governments continue to provoke.

I read here still practically every day in the media that this war can be solved only on the battlefield, NOT by negotiations, from my point of view, the 3rd World War is 100% reality.

Latest posts

Back