WHAT IF THEY FIRE THE NUKES

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried to read a lot on this, but I still know nothing.

What are the odds that multiple nukes would be launched at once? If they were, would communications, productions, cities, or military installations be hit first?

I have read multiple articles lately written by liberal news sources claiming that they would only hit military installations which are purposely dispersed through the countryside. However, I believe nothing else they write, so their take on it pretty much means nothing to me.

I have tried to read a lot on this, but I still know nothing.

What are the odds that multiple nukes would be launched at once? If they were, would communications, productions, cities, or military installations be hit first?

I have read multiple articles lately written by liberal news sources claiming that they would only hit military installations which are purposely dispersed through the countryside. However, I believe nothing else they write, so their take on it pretty much means nothing to me.
my opinion the first strike will be a EMP next any site capable of firing nukes, and all military communication that they know of, after that the east coast will go up in flames, then the rest of the USA,,,

hopefully, they will not launch everything they have

Just a reminder for those that believed the crap that a Nuclear War would never happen because of assured mutual destruction so likely never prepared for something this serious . When the power grid is destroyed radio transmission to your emergency radio is also not likely to happen so you will need to be totally independent . In order to know where the radiation level is at your location , you will need your own radiation detector . These readings will tell you if it is safe to venture outside your retreat or at what level of contamination of the surrounding soil you will be faced dealing with . Because this totally depends on where the radioactive payload is dropped , is dependent on where the cloud may settle . Just one mile may make a big difference in the radiation level . So even if you did manage to get a radiation report on a radio , " it couldn't be depended upon to be accurate " .--- I bought my radiation detector several years ago " to be prepared " . Mine is an old Civil Defense radiation detector , just like the one shown on the movie " blast from the past " . It is capable of self testing itself , so I know mine is working as well as it did the day it left the factory . --- Quiet possibly however as people began to realize that Nuclear War may be upon us , may have already bought out all radiation detectors , but then perhaps not . If you are lucky you may find one on E Bay or something .

Last edited:
The sun has come back up and we still haven't been Nuked yet " a good sign " . Besides the radiation detector to keep someone informed of the radiation level they are facing , they hopefully have several weeks of water stored in their survival retreat " before " the EMP's and such cut off the electricity grid . I hope our members have something to cook with that doesn't require the electric grid and doesn't smoke up their retreat . Going outside to the charcoal grill " may or may not " be an option , depending on the radiation level . --- Another thought Many that claim to be preppers are under the illusion in the aftermath , the survivors are entitled to steal their neighbors resources . In the United States with people armed to the teeth these looters will soon be no more . They should have prepped instead of living in a fantasy .

Just my thoughts into Nuclear war . The attacking country will very much desire to be able to reap the spoils of war , just as the world has seen from the dawn of mankind . Considering todays situation with the world populations being what they are , preserving agriculture lands will be highly desirable . Therefore they will try NOT to contaminate agriculture valuable dirt with radiation if they can avoid it . Therefore think EMP strikes and " if " that poisdon underwater drone is up for prime time " tsunamis " accompanied by limited strikes on military targets and cities . Conclusion being in the right location and being prepared to face adversity is the key for survival .

Here is my take: Putin uses a tactical nuke. We use our infrastructure viruses which was implemented during the Trump administration (Like Stuxnet but more sweeping) and the whole country goes black. They HEMP Europe.

Global economies fail with the logical chaos and mayhem to follow.

China takes Tiawan (did you know that Biden has stopped sending certain technology needed to make certain chips to China? What do you think they are going to do about that? America's 'once unthinkable' chip export restrictions will hobble China's semiconductor ambitions). North Korea (China's lap dog) takes South Korea (and their chip facilities).

Now China controls 95% of chip making capabilities globally along with electrical transformer production. We pull the same virus on China, so they HEMP's the US.

From there, it goes to a hot war (could all paly out, start to finish in a matter of days, weeks or hours)

We are going to war. Biden has pretty well ensured it.

Last edited:
The sun has come back up and we still haven't been Nuked yet " a good sign " . Besides the radiation detector to keep someone informed of the radiation level they are facing , they hopefully have several weeks of water stored in their survival retreat " before " the EMP's and such cut off the electricity grid . I hope our members have something to cook with that doesn't require the electric grid and doesn't smoke up their retreat . Going outside to the charcoal grill " may or may not " be an option , depending on the radiation level . --- Another thought Many that claim to be preppers are under the illusion in the aftermath , the survivors are entitled to steal their neighbors resources . In the United States with people armed to the teeth these looters will soon be no more . They should have prepped instead of living in a fantasy .

One of the things that is interesting about the studies done on radiation fallout...you can get pockets of deathly high radiation where there was none the day or week before. The stuff gets carried in clouds and comes down in a heavy rain shower raining down radiation with it. So you can get a hotspot on the ground in an area hundreds of miles from the blast, that had a reading the day before of <1 Rph.

To me, that is the scariest aspect of it. Never knowing what the next day brings and thinking you are in a "safe" area, never built that underground shelter, going about picking up the pieces, only to discover that you and yours have been exposed to a lethal dose, days after the event.

Daily radiation readings will be a must.

Radiation fallout deteriorates to 1/2 life within 2 weeks. So anything past a month coming down would not be all that harmful.

Another item that will be useful is personal radiation dosimeter. It stores in your pocket and tracks cumulative levels of radiation. I bought some last year and they have already gone up 45%!

From Canadian Prepper’s latest video. Possible nuke strikes.

1666017814872.png

More likely nuke strikes. He doesn’t think they would do more than this…at least at first.

1666018101160.png

Radiation fallout deteriorates to 1/2 life within 2 weeks. So anything past a month coming down would not be all that harmful.

Another item that will be useful is personal radiation dosimeter. It stores in your pocket and tracks cumulative levels of radiation. I bought some last year and they have already gone up 45%!

From Canadian Prepper’s latest video. Possible nuke strikes.

View attachment 17623

More likely nuke strikes. He doesn’t think they would do more than this…at least at first.

View attachment 17624

Depends on the type of radioactive isotope as to how long it will be until you can let your guard down and breathe easy that you dodged the bullet so to speak.

If the bomb that hit contains Strontium 90 which is common in nukes, it's half life is 29 years. So it might be a while before the "all clear" is assured. Strontium 90 also morphs creating other compounds.

The heavier radioactive particles will drop to the ground first, closest to the detonation site. The lighter ones can float for years. There are over 300 different fission products that may result from a fission reaction
"After an air burst the fission products, unfissioned nuclear material, and weapon residues which have been vaporized by the heat of the fireball will condense into a fine suspension of very small particles 0.01 to 20 micrometers in diameter. These particles may be quickly drawn up into the stratosphere, particularly so if the explosive yield exceeds 10 Kt. They will then be dispersed by atmospheric winds and will gradually settle to the earth's surface after weeks, months, and even years as worldwide fallout. The radiobiological hazard of worldwide fallout is essentially a long-term one due to the potential accumulation of long-lived radioisotopes, such as strontium-90 and cesium-137, in the body as a result of ingestion of foods which had incorporated these radioactive materials. This hazard is much less serious than those which are associated with local fallout and, therefore, is not discussed at length in this publication. Local fallout is of much greater immediate operational concern."

Nuclear Weapon Radiation Effects

I am loathe to believe the information that the government puts out there regarding how long you should shelter in place. They are much more motivated by Continuance of Government, AKA maintaining control than they are concerned with our health and the panic truth might cause.

They have their bunkers all nicely prepared, to go for a year or more. Should tell us something about the reality of the situation.

Uranium

Uranium is the prototypical radioactive element, and the isotopes uranium-235 and uranium-238 are used in nuclear reactors. These isotopes have a half-life of 4.46 billion years, and 704 million years, respectively, making them some of the longest lived sources of radioactivity.

Plutonium-239

When uranium-238 in nuclear reactors is exposed to neutron radiation, it can form plutonium-239, which is used in nuclear weapons. This radioactive isotope has a half-life of 24100 years and decays into uranium-235.

Strontium-90

Strontium-90 is another component of nuclear reactor waste, and has also been spread throughout the world by nuclear weapon testing. This isotope has a half-life of 29.1 years, and can form many different radioactive compounds in the environment.

Caesium

Radioactive waste also contains caesium-135 and caesium-137. These isotopes have a half-life of 2.3 million years, and 30.17 years. Like strontium-90, they can form many different compounds in the environment, and are thus hard to remove.

Last edited:
The fact is, the type of fallout there is depends upon many factors. There are nukes the Russians have that are less dangerous in long term and of course nukes that are different in size. One cannot simply think though that all fallout will be dangerous after a few weeks. Some of it won’t. I guess that is why Poltergeist in recommending a radiation detector. 👍

The fact is, the type of fallout there is depends upon many factors. There are nukes the Russians have that are less dangerous in long term and of course nukes that are different in size. One cannot simply think though that all fallout will be dangerous after a few weeks. Some of it won’t. I guess that is why Poltergeist in recommending a radiation detector. 👍

I just don't want anyone reading this discussion to get the idea that two weeks is necessarily enough. A figure I see the government quoting often lately is 48 hours, within the confines of a city that was just nuked! Ooof! Really? Talk about mis or dis information!

I read all these comments and I can't be all doom and gloom, I figure one day the NUKES WILL BE DROPPED, but I can't just sit here and worry about it,, I have positioned myself fairly well if they ever do drop,, NE Arkansas,,, I have ammo generator food stores and water

let the chips fall where they may, it is all any of us can do

Like I already said, just prep and pray. The Rest will be history that nobody will or can change......Wasting your time.
Got an old saying for y'all.
If you are nervous, you are living in the past!
If you are anxious, you are fearing the future!
If you are at peace, you are living for today!!!
LIVE FREE FROM FEAR AND LIVE FOR TODAY!! Gary

let the chips fall where they may, it is all any of us can do

Exactly.

Do what you can. Learn what you can.

What you can't do or learn, is beyond your control and not worth wasting every good day in fear of it.

But, false hope, can be debilitating and paralyzing when reality hits. I prefer to hope for the best but, be realistic as well.

I just don't want anyone reading this discussion to get the idea that two weeks is necessarily enough. A figure I see the government quoting often lately is 48 hours, within the confines of a city that was just nuked! Ooof! Really? Talk about mis or dis information!
That is very understandable. We also don’t want them killing their children and themselves because they have been led to believe that everyone will die and no one has a chance of survival. Ya know?

That is very understandable. We also don’t want them killing their children and themselves because they have been led to believe that everyone will die and no one has a chance of survival. Ya know?

You are correct. I've got a lot of fight in me...I forget a lot of people don't.

I'm not worried about any of this. I think it's all about scare tactics and control of the population. From all the comments here it seems to be working very well.
This could all come true IF we elect the war mongers, aka democrats, or allow them to steal another election. I think there's more risk of a major earthquake or super volcano than a nuclear war.
If I don't wake up tomorrow, at least I know that I've lived a good life.

Latest posts

Back