We (preppers) told ya so

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cos they dont need them basically, outside of the bigger cities gun crime is very rare, Most UK cops dont want to carry guns, they are happy with sprays and tazors and telescopic batons, They do ALL need and wear knife proof vests.
It’s hard for me to imagine being a cop without carrying a gun. These are the people running towards trouble. I guess it’s the prepper in me to want to be ready for any possibilities. I do not want to ever shoot anyone and think the measures listed above are all good to use first. I would still carry though just in case they didn’t.

Ya wanna know what is really stupid? In Germany, if the cops ever even get a well trained and mean K-9, the poor dog has to live with a muzzle. The people just laugh at the cop when he walks around with the dog. One of the dogs got grabbed by the collar and a back leg and slammed against a pole, broke his back and it had to be put to sleep.
Try to do that shit in the US and get you ### eaten by a real nice little K9 critter. Germany is so slushy, I would never understand what drives someone to be a cop here, except the permanent supply of WORK.....

It’s hard for me to imagine being a cop without carrying a gun. These are the people running towards trouble. I guess it’s the prepper in me to want to be ready for any possibilities. I do not want to ever shoot anyone and think the measures listed above are all good to use first. I would still carry though just in case they didn’t.
Off topic, but Brent, we've been worried about you. Are you okay?

Perhaps examples like this explain why we over here dont want every cop armed.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/family-of-emt-shot-by-police-files-lawsuit

The family of an EMT worker who was asleep in her Kentucky apartment when police busted in to execute a search warrant at the wrong address has filed a lawsuit accusing three officers of "blindly firing" more than 20 shots into Breonna Taylor's home.

The 26-year-old aspiring nurse was killed on March 13 after being shot eight times by Louisville police officers.

Her mother, Tamika Palmer, said she filed the lawsuit to get justice for her daughter.

"I want them to say her name," she told The Washington Post. "There's no reason Breonna should be dead at all."

The lawsuit, filed late last month, accuses the officers of wrongful death, excessive force, and gross negligence.

According to court documents, the officers executed a drug warrant at Taylor's home, searching for a male suspect who didn't live in her apartment complex and had already been detained by authorities when the police officers stormed in.

Off topic, but Brent, we've been worried about you. Are you okay?
Yes, thanks. Just got tired of all the political stuff so took a little break. Have been absorbed with all the projects here too. I’ve always known it was wise to prep but now it seems to have even more meaning and urgency to me.

Yes, thanks. Just got tired of all the political stuff so took a little break. Have been absorbed with all the projects here too. I’ve always known it was wise to prep but now it seems to have even more meaning and urgency to me.
had a feeling that's what it was. . Glad you are back though. Do like I try to do, stay away from the political discussion. I am very set in my ways and so are you. No amount of discussion is going to change my mind either way. I know who I like and know who I dont.

Gardens know no politics. I tend to stay in the gardening, canning and what is going on in my community threads. Better for my blood pressure:rolleyes:

I'm definitely getting a new list going of thing I wish I has the other nights durinf the power outages.

I'm definitely getting a new list going of thing I wish I has the other nights durinf the power outages.

Same with me Robin as this pandemic proceeds there are several things that I would like to invest in or change when and if it is over. Got a wish list going too. live and learn right.

No amount of discussion is going to change my mind either way. I know who I like and know who I dont
That is a standpoint. I have had too many discussions with too many people in my life telling me what to do, learn, say, believe, think or so on. The only answer I have for them and all here: Diplomacy is for politics, the first step toward changing your mind, is a step toward doubt in your own standpoint...
I will always believe what I am explained, but never believe what I am told.

Yup its why I'm not visiting as often either, DPF is going from a prepper forum to a KKK convention at times..

Latest posts

Back