Very neat and tidy prepper pantry

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the layout and the items---- except the paper towels. They are not a real need and take up a lot of space. I would eliminate the paper towels and add more toilet paper. Granted toilet paper is not an absolute need either but is more important than paper towels. FWIW

Loved the layout and the items---- except the paper towels. They are not a real need and take up a lot of space. I would eliminate the paper towels and add more toilet paper. Granted toilet paper is not an absolute need either but is more important than paper towels. FWIW

I use paper towels in prepping because they are disposable / single use thus reducing the risk of infection being passed around survivors, Cotton towels will be strictly limited WTSHTF. We do NOT us toilet paper its in my opinion another unacceptable disease spreading risk if TSHT we use sterile baby wipes for personal hygiene cleansing.

I am absolutely ferking terrified of the thought of Cholera or Typhus during a disaster of SHTF scenario, In a crisis even cups and mugs will be single use then burnt. I'm more agraid of disease than violence when the bad times arrive.

SE, I hope you burn those baby wipes and never, ever flush them. Even the ones that say septic safe do NOT break down. I have seen septic tanks being pumped that was full for those baby wipes. They just did not break down and those were the ones that claimed to be "septic safe".

SE, I hope you burn those baby wipes and never, ever flush them. Even the ones that say septic safe do NOT break down. I have seen septic tanks being pumped that was full for those baby wipes. They just did not break down and those were the ones that claimed to be "septic safe".

Jack they go into a separate bin beside to the toilet and every friday they go into the garden incinerator or onto the wood stove. Baby wipes are made of cotton not paper so they take forever to decompose. BUT its safer and more hygienic than spreading Sh** around your ### with a handfull of paper, especially after TSHTF if anyone in the house has the Bombay Trots. There is also no shortage of bottles of hand sanitiser in the house as well as a backup to soap bars.

Great pantry. I personally think toilet paper is great stuff. I like paper towels too, but they are a lazy convince item mostly. Great for now but not as big a deal to me if shtf. As far as being careful about what goes into a septic, right now having it pumped is no big deal. If shtf happens, you can give up on the thought of that happening ever again, so the moral of the story is don’t put anything in it that dosent break down quickly. As a matter of fact, have a backup plan for your waste in mind. Likely there will be a lot more people living in your house after shtf.

Think about using the paper towels as coffee filters, toilett paper, drying towels for fruits and beef jerky in the sun, keep your mind open to prepping:: this means- using something for a totally different purpose than it was originally designed...GP

Think about using the paper towels as coffee filters, toilett paper, drying towels for fruits and beef jerky in the sun, keep your mind open to prepping:: this means- using something for a totally different purpose than it was originally designed...GP

What is the storage space requirement for 1,000 coffee filters vs. 1,000 paper towels?

What is the storage space requirement for 1,000 coffee filters vs. 1,000 paper towels?

The storage space was not the subject. Space is a problem, I have simply learned from time, not to have a screwdriver, a knife with a screwdriver, a leatherman with a screwdriver and a miniature screwdriver in my EDC. Learning to compact, reduce weight, double and triple uses for many and certain items, is the core of prepping and survival. My fishing line is also my trapping line, sewing thread, suture thread, tent repair, arrow feather wrapping, broadhead wrapping, braided as a shoestring, braided as a garrot, gun cleaning string, repair bowstring, wrist string tied to my knife and compass, tie-up for my debris hut, etc...
I would not mind using paper towels as a coffee filter and many other things, I definitely would not like the feel of the harshness of a coffee filter on my hemmoroids...
Live free. GP

Coffee filters, fire lighters, improvised sanitary towels, etc etc good stuff is kitchen roll,

Coffee filters, fire lighters, improvised sanitary towels, etc etc good stuff is kitchen roll,

A disposable diaper is a feasible Gasmask, the foil from your chewing gum is a fire starter with a battery, a coke or beer with a few small holes poked in the lid is a fire-extinguisher (shake hard and turn over) sewing needles are blow darts, a trash bag is a hot air balloon for signalling, my old rubber boots are good tomato plant pots, I use the gauze from the first aid kit to filter water and/or make cheese with, an empty coke can is a good alcohol stove...Improvise ladies and gentlemen, GP

I would love to have that much space for my stockroom. What I am not seeing in his pantry is buckets of varieties of flours, dry beans and things like that. Maybe it is just me, but I use flours almost on a daily basis cooking. I really liked his rolling can set up but would have made it only half the size but have two separate ones if I used a bunch of store bought can goods to have more of a variety or maybe he just puts all soups together on one shelf? That would just make it difficult if you wanted chicken and noodles but it's tomato in front. I would want to make each rolling can shelf one item to keep organized and know exactly what I have. Maybe he does.

The storage space was not the subject. Space is a problem, I have simply learned from time, not to have a screwdriver, a knife with a screwdriver, a leatherman with a screwdriver and a miniature screwdriver in my EDC. Learning to compact, reduce weight, double and triple uses for many and certain items, is the core of prepping and survival. My fishing line is also my trapping line, sewing thread, suture thread, tent repair, arrow feather wrapping, broadhead wrapping, braided as a shoestring, braided as a garrot, gun cleaning string, repair bowstring, wrist string tied to my knife and compass, tie-up for my debris hut, etc...
I would not mind using paper towels as a coffee filter and many other things, I definitely would not like the feel of the harshness of a coffee filter on my hemmoroids...
Live free. GP

For the hemorrhoids, go for a nice warm wet cloth. Clean it, sanitize it and they are ready for reuse. Small storage space required. When stockpiling, multiple use is important, but storage space is always a limiting factor. Paper towels and T.P. do take up a large amount of space. The compressed toilet paper can be used to replace a lot of toilet paper rolls, if once used, disposable products are required.

Latest posts

Back