US - Cabinet level visit to Taiwan - first time since 1979 - china furious and threatening

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first time I was in Taiwan was in 1984. Jimmy Carter was detested by them, and detested is too mild a word to describe how they felt about Carter's betrayal in unilaterally terminating the Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty. I saw signs that were still up vilifying Carter, years after Reagan became President.

Taiwan’s President Touts ‘Stronger than Ever’ U.S. Relationship amid Chinese Threat

Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-Wen in a video statement at a U.S. think tank event in Washington on Wednesday touted the strength of the U.S.-Taiwan relationship amid a growing threat from China.

“As effective as our military is, we cannot stand alone without support from the community of like-minded democracies. I am proud that the relationship between Taiwan and the U.S. has never been closer,” Tsai said in her statement at the Hudson Institute.

“Across the board, we share a high degree of mutual trust and a common strategic picture of how we can work together to protect and preserve a free and open Indo-Pacific,” she added.

Both Taiwan and the U.S. are concerned by China’s growing aggressiveness in the Indo-Pacific region. The U.S. opposes what it considers excessive Chinese territorial claims in international waters important for global trade as well as China’s increasing bullying of its neighbors — many of whom are U.S. allies.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/12/taiwan-president-us-relationship-chinese-threat/

Latest posts

Back