This Year's Harvest

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning's pickings. There is more okra out there but it started to rain so it will wait till later.
IMG_20180804_124718_hdr.jpg

This morning's pickings. There is more okra out there but it started to rain so it will wait till later.View attachment 8910
Send some rain to Alabama. My garden looks terrible... I am waiting on my stew canning operation... the broth is very tasty, so I have high hopes for the stew. I threw my potatoes, carrots, turnips and tomatoes in with some seared beef.... 7 quarts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Send some rain to Alabama. My garden looks terrible... I am waiting on my stew canning operation... the broth is very tasty, so I have high hopes for the stew. I threw my potatoes, carrots, turnips and tomatoes in with some seared beef.... 7 quarts...

Oh I'm gonna be greedy on this one. . . We haven't seen any rain for weeks either ;)

Another thing I like to tell people about is savings accounts. If you don’t have money for emergencies they will put you in debt. I don’t have a crystal ball or anything but I can guarantee one thing, life is full of emergencies. Everyone needs to put something away to help cover them.

always keep a little cash stashed away

Love that idea Robin! :p

For me right now I am still picking lots of butternut squash and some patty squash with tomatoes at a tricklr. Picked the first watermelon this week but sent it home with granddaughter when she visited this week. My next one picked will be made into watermelon butter. My southern beans have been coming in very well and have been shelling and drying the ones that we haven't been eating on. Starting to get a good number of cushaw pumpkins too.

My gardens are much later than usual.

As long as I get some produce, I'm cool. I don't do any pumpkins or squash other than basic yellow and zucchini. My corn is actually 4 ft high which is major for me.

My soil doesn't grow corn. I just had some spare room and thought I would try some Peaches and Cream.

I canned all the corn I need early in the season. My some likes it canned better than frozen. Which is good in case of electrical outages.

Finally beans. Started picking at 7 a.m. and am still breaking beans.

Told my daughter that I was going to write "bacon green beans" so that the terrorists won't eat them and starve.

Is that mean?
I had a chuckle at your post, but you realize it won’t work, right? Anyone who is a terrorist is breaking every major religion’s rules (and that includes Islam and Judaism) already so I doubt a taboo on pork would stop them from eating your delicious beans!

Islamist would behead their own Children for even touching pork . Or their daughters for showing their face , Wife for embarrassing them .
Actually, I know several Muslims who do not wear a burka and drive and think and eat pork even. Not one has been killed yet.

Actually, I know several Muslims who do not wear a burka and drive and think and eat pork even. Not one has been killed yet.

Thoes would be socially known as muslims not followers of islam and would be killed by islamist . It happens every day in muslim dominant Countries. Mohammed would recognize isis as being His own . Same with al-Qaida , Taliban , muzzy brotherhood .
Not that I meant to hijack this thread .
Bacon dipped 9mm hollow points work well too .

Thoes would be socially known as muslims not followers of islam and would be killed by islamist . It happens every day in muslim dominant Countries. Mohammed would recognize isis as being His own . Same with al-Qaida , Taliban , muzzy brotherhood .
Not according the the Muslim who wrote this book, and he is a professor as well: (he wrote other books, but I picked the easiest one).
https://www.amazon.com/What-Would-M...sr=8-9-spons&keywords=Question+on+islam&psc=1

It's cool.

My peppers ain’t doing good, best weather for peppers I’ve seen in years but ain’t doing good. Apparently I ain’t the only one here in these parts. Tomatoes are doing great along with squash and melons.
Strange, usually they do about the same. Are they not developing or is the plant sick?

My peppers ain’t doing good, best weather for peppers I’ve seen in years but ain’t doing good. Apparently I ain’t the only one here in these parts. Tomatoes are doing great along with squash and melons.

I have good luck with hot peppers but never sweet peppers. It's the walnut trees. I cut them, but the poison is still there. Looks like it would affect both types. Both are nightshade .

Latest posts

Back