This weeks preps check-in

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the pump and hydraulic lines installed on the cat and getting it ready for fire season, grand kids got the green house going and the helped me get the tiller ready and tractor serviced, now we wait on Mother Nature to get done with her attitude.

Last edited:
Rise 7.25" and run 11.25". Get as close to even measurements of that and you have stairs. They aren't nearly as difficult as most people think.
Got the stairs done today. You were right Brent. They were easy, once I got the angles cut right on the 2x12's. I went with 7.875" to get an even distance on the steps. Now I can start hauling stuff up there to get it out of my way. This fall I'll put about 5 ton of hay in the loft, and about 10 ton under the loft. The old hay barn holds about 50 ton, but I'm thinking about tearing it down. It's a half mile from where the house will be built and it's difficult keeping the road open to it in winter. Guess I'll have to add another barn to my list.

Got the stairs done today. You were right Brent. They were easy, once I got the angles cut right on the 2x12's. I went with 7.875" to get an even distance on the steps. Now I can start hauling stuff up there to get it out of my way. This fall I'll put about 5 ton of hay in the loft, and about 10 ton under the loft. The old hay barn holds about 50 ton, but I'm thinking about tearing it down. It's a half mile from where the house will be built and it's difficult keeping the road open to it in winter. Guess I'll have to add another barn to my list.
It suprises me how many people say 'I've never done that, so I can't '. With u tube you can learn just about anything these days. Not only do I like a challenge of learning something new, but I really like the satisfaction of seeing the completed project done with your own hands and sweat.

IMG_20170306_113449.jpg IMG_20170309_172928_burst_02.jpg IMG_20170309_173059.jpg Hunny gave up his fish cleaning table and moved it on the backside of the pump house so it could have running water for me. Located right between the house and garden so I can take my veggies out of garden to clean up before bringing them into the house to process. Just thinned out my carrots, threw into a wheelbarrow, over to the goats to throw tops then into this sink to fill with water to get most of the dirt, then spraying the rest off. So nice!! We also expanded my goat barn using a couple roll up garage doors and the end was salvaged from a job Hunny just did for a lady. . . she got so excited that it was going into my barn ☺! I love the fact that it has windows to let light in. Then make it more comfortable for me, I moved an old rocking chair out so that I could rock my kids. . . they like to rock by themselves too! This is Duke and his sis Angel.

Built a divider between the stalls. It took two days to dig a 3 foot deep hole in the frozen ground inside the barn. Got 2 more gates to build for the stalls. Started hauling stuff up to the loft to get it off the barn floor. Started changing oil in everything to the summer grade. Just have 1 more generator, the 4 wheeler and the wife's Jeep left to change. Been digging ditches in an attempt to drain the driveway. Much of the road is underwater and washing out now with the warm weather. Yesterday hit 50 degs and the snow's melting fast.
The wife comes home on Friday so I need to get this pig pen cleaned up tomorrow.

we started going through christmas decorations in the garage,to down size what we have out there..came across 3 candles,that ended up in a tote out there.so i now have 3 candles to add to the collection of them.and 1 empty tote,for what ever i put in it..

Cream and sugar in coffee is blasphemy, Wife and kids love using coffee presses me on the other hand, not enough coffee and ain't hot enough. It looks warm their SA, I see sun... wish I had sun :(
What's a breather? Lol. I got in at 12:30 last night and am off for another long day in a couple minutes here. Also have a big job planned over the weekend. I think this is a good thing, just am too tired to know if it is or not :).

I got to drive back home tomorrow. I'm trying to build my wife a small house in Louisiana for when we are there. She wants her garden to be our front yard. But ...i can look at groceries all day. Mmmm. You know ,they don't fuel 747s with ethanol. Nah...but we are having a lot of fun. It just doesn't seem like we are making a lot of progress advancing our preps.

Let me know if you need help
Because of time constraints and age I have to hire a contractor for all the big projects. But I still have the power station, wood shed, ATV shed, barn extension and the chicken coop to build. These I'll do myself. Also have several miles of fencing to rebuild after this winter and a bunch of new fencing to put in. Then we'll start bringing in the cattle. So you're welcome to come out and help.....

Latest posts

Back