Tesla "Outage"

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I have ever even seen a Tesla. Is there anyone on this forum interested in buying one?
I have one, or maybe it it best said my wife drives one. @Schattentarn, you have seen a Tesla in CA Regularly? Deny and we know that consequence.
My phone app blocks me out regularly. iDK why. But I can still unlock the car in LA when the car is in th the Bay Area .
I have said this before, it’s not driving a car. it’s driving a computer.
Don’t knock a Tesla, figure out why the current left wing idon’t back the industry leader.. Hint- it’s Unions.

Elon is way ahead of this technological problem! He had these manufactured so that Tesla owners can start walking home when their car malfunctions...

c411c850f48ea539d8126ce6be56751a.jpg

Elon is way ahead of this technological problem! He had these manufactured so that Tesla owners can start walking home when their car malfunctions...

c411c850f48ea539d8126ce6be56751a.jpg
Fool, stupid crap is why people disdain California I try to inject a sense of response and not make people hate us. Some of us are TRUE CONSERVATIVES.

I don't think I have ever even seen a Tesla. Is there anyone on this forum interested in buying one?

My husband has looked at them…and still might buy one. I’m hoping he chooses a truck he is also considering. The Gladiator is the one he would buy if they had gotten their act together, but they didn’t. The “electric” part of it is a joke. 🤪

EDITED: He doesn’t want an electric vehicle because he thinks they lower pollution. He is inthralled with the torque.

Last edited:
It's not really about Tesla it's about idjuts who put all their eggs in one electronic basket called a phone and don't carry the key cards with them.

Like my nephew.
Use your phone as your flashlight AND compass while hunting in the middle of a National Forest until dark on an overcast day.
What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

And he wasn't even in California :)

I'm not that impressed by a coal-powered car -- which also has a pretty poor service record.

A comparison of electric cars at the turn of last century and this century, shows no impressive strides have been made.

The range is about the same. The difference is the battery technology is better such that amenities and luxuries can be powered.

I'd rather have a multi-fuel car. People who think that an electric car is carbon neutral are probably the same idiots who think a mask stops a virus. After all, they usually think CO2 is a pollutant, too.

In the end, a horsepower is a horsepower -- and you can't get a horsepower's worth of energy without the side-effect of converting something.

The viable exceptions are hydro and nuclear.

Last edited:
EDITED: He doesn’t want an electric vehicle because he thinks they lower pollution. He is inthralled with the torque.

I used to design motor controllers for electric racing go-karts. (They'd kill me for calling them go-karts, but that's what they were.)

An electric motor looks like a short circuit at zero RPM. This is the reason for all the torque. Lots of current flows to a short circuit.

However, once the motor begins rotating, the current drops (obviously loads will dictate by how much).

More importantly: once the motor starts rotating, it becomes a generator (known as "Back EMF"). Therefore, the voltage going in has to "compete" with the voltage the motor is generating. This is why electric motors become gutless at higher RPMs -- they depend more upon the RPMs for power (the inertia). But they can be easily bogged down at higher RPMs.

The back EMF can result in an effective voltage across the motor much lower than the batteries' voltage. It's standard practice to use this generator effect to slow vehicles (as resistive drag) and to charge batteries (using power techniques known as "boosting").

Tesla has designed some very interesting features into their motors. Features I hope will become commonplace among electric motors.

Last edited:
On the open road, there are Tesla charging stations which are just diesel generators.

Demonize combustion engines but supposedly charge climate-neutral vehicles with diesel generators - My humor.
In Switzerland, car races with combustion engines are banned for environmental reasons, but those with electric drives are allowed. There, too, they are charged with diesel generators....
To much electronics forces stupidity?

To much electronics forces stupidity?

Albert Einstein said the more technology a society has, the dumber the people.

Malcom Muggeridge said Western man has been educated into imbecility.

I think there are two reasons for pushing electric cars -- being able to turn them off anywhere-anytime, and limiting travel distances.

Latest posts

Back