TEOTWAWKI 3- You Form a Survival Group of 25 Please Rank Needed Members By Function i.e. Doctor,Etc

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine and I respect what you say but the bottom line is I'm a professional. city raised man with a masters degree and I personally do not get along/relate/feel comfortable with what you call "outdoor types". Yes a few are needed but I prefer to have the majority of my group be people I can relate to and get along with. I'm sure the "outdoorsmen" would feel the same way about me.

if you think that some one such as me would follow you ,you are mistaken it will be dog eat dog and the weak will not survive,I wish you luck because if it does go to hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU ARE GOING TO NEED ALL THE LUCK YOU CAN GET

Stupidest snide remark ever. I'm the one forming the group. Without me there is no group. Whether I add anything or not is irrelevant. If you want to insult me next time, I love trolls who respond to a thread with something that's not relevant to the thread, at least be intelligent about it.

I missed this,,,you know you may start a group but it does not mean you will get to lead it,,,as for Sally's question it is very relevant what can you offer to the group do you have any skills that set you above those that might follow you,,,,it is a very important point not to be taken lightly,you see those you try to recruit are going to ask this same question..............

at that point masters degrees have no value,if you don't have anything to give for your group,that's the way it goes.
having skills like hunting,growing food,medic,cobbler,foraging,something useful is what counts,surviving isn't something you learn from books,it's something you have to train,practise and over and over again.
I knew some first aid,but wanted to really know it,so I went back to school and right now I'm a licenced paramedic, I know how to grow my food, I hunt,fish, I can make things from scratch.

and I took and take advice from my fellow preppers here, despite that I did graduate I still don't belive I know all,no I can learn things and will keep on learning until I take my final breath.
would I follow someone just 'cause he or she has a masters degree? nope,never, unless that person has something to give the group.

LOL
So the book ain't going so well then?
Actually, it's very relevant and I am one of the many degree qualifed on this site, so my intelligence is moot. Who do you think will join a group if the (alleged) leader has nothing to offer. So unless you have financial, sexual or or other wellbeing necesseties instead of skills or knowledge you're going to be a party of one.

LOL Another internet timewaster who can't focus. The thread was to rank your 25 top Survival Group members by function not to wonder what my function would be. You would never be given a chance to join any group I organized because you can't focus on simple straightforward tasks and questions. As Donald Trump would say, "You're Fired".

I missed this,,,you know you may start a group but it does not mean you will get to lead it,,,as for Sally's question it is very relevant what can you offer to the group do you have any skills that set you above those that might follow you,,,,it is a very important point not to be taken lightly,you see those you try to recruit are going to ask this same question..............
Its not relevant to the question which was to rank 25 most important members by function. By not answering that simple straight forward question, the person responding clearly does not know how to focus in getting things done.

LOL Another internet timewaster who can't focus. The thread was to rank your 25 top Survival Group members by function not to wonder what my function would be. You would never be given a chance to join any group I organized because you can't focus on simple straightforward tasks and questions. As Donald Trump would say, "You're Fired".

Good lord, you can't come up with a sensible answer to a valid question so you resort to abuse. Good luck with your imaginary group.

Its not relevant to the question which was to rank 25 most important members by function. By not answering that simple straight forward question, the person responding clearly does not know how to focus in getting things done.

,,,,,tell me this are you organizing this group so you have people to hide behind when things get tough

This isn't college @EdwardGein we don't do exams here. The world don't work the way of a class room, when ask to rank the importance of job/title you are going to get a lot of opinions, in your header you stated "You Form a Survival Group of 25 Please Rank Needed Members By Function" you got a answer to that, your list isn't something we would form and quite frankly that isn't a survival group, that's more a Hilton Tea Party (not the political kind)! That's a list Preppers/Survivalist can't take seriously is a reason you are getting the comments you are getting.

First off I confess I'm not anywhere close to doing this but I would like to have a rough plan in the future for getting a group together. Please note that the purpose of this group is to survive TEOTWAWKI and not to promulgate life of Earth (if that happens as an aside, fine), so please respond given that.
The 25 is in addition to you and your family. No kids or couples included unless they both fill a function. There will be a fair share of attractive women because people need heterosexual sex. Here are my rankings. Feel free to make your own rankings and make changes/criticize mine other than the basic premise. If this ever becomes a reality for me, keep in mind that the 25 members would be cross trained.

My 25 Survivor Members in Order of Rank (1 being the most important)

1. Head of Security (Retired High Ranked Military Man)
2. Doctor
3. Dentist
4. Electrician
5.Carpenter
6. Assistant Head of Security (Retired High Ranked Military Man)
7. Botanist
8. Psychiatrist
9. Second Doctor
10. Second Dentist
11. Nurse/Medic
12. Herbologist (Herbal medicine when medicine is no longer available)
13. Second Electrician
14, Second Carpenter
15. Dental Assistant
16. Chef/Dietcian/Nutrionist
17. Mechanic
18. Mechanic
19. 2nd Psychiatrist
20. Psychologist
21. 2nd Psychologist
22-23. Security/Maintenance/Fire Dept Staff
24-25. Bakers

Let me know what changes you would make and/or your group

In my humble opinion 25 is too many. And you have 4 nut doctor's on your list. Other than trying to make wimps and sissy's out of everyone, what good are they? If I need to talk to someone about my feelings I'll talk to my dog. "High ranked military man" for leader? In my experience most are useless unless they have a written SOP to follow. I think you went too way heavy on educated thinkers rather than doer's. You'd soon have a revolt on your hands when the workers got tired of carrying the college boys. If I was to put together a group I'd focus on people that are capable of doing something useful, like hunters/fishermen, trappers, gardeners, builders, welder/blacksmith, mechanic and others that know how to forage and live off the land. I'd rather have a good nurse than a doctor and everyone would be trained in advanced first aid and crossed trained in all other skills. My group currently consists of myself, my wife and dog. If things turned bad my kids, their spouses and grandkids would meet at my place. This just my opinion and works well in my situation and location. Your needs may be different than mine.

and I wouldn't be so butthurt if I get opinions that are different than mine.
and some of my ideas have been shot down so hard,they didn't know what happened before they hit ground ;)

@EdwardGein You posted this at the bottom of your list "Let me know what changes you would make and/or your group" and we did and you didn't like it. And to answer your OP directly, #11 be #1 and the rest fired!

Highlighted at the bottom;
033.jpg

Latest posts

Back