Survival,,,why we are here

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skeet most of us will not be in a blast zone,I don't think I would trust this for a blast zone,,,fallout is our main concern ,this is large enough to live in for a couple weeks without losing your mind

I think that would be the hardest part.... keeping sane in such a small space for so long. I would have to have a good source of entertainment. 2 weeks would probably feel like 2 years.

Your heating and cooling costs would be minimal. My BIL was talking about putting something underground, or covered with dirt at the BOL for sleeping in hot weather in the event of losing electricity for the A/C. Summer can be brutal. It doesn't need to be fully functional living quarters, just a bunkroom.

Security-wise, if your main dwelling is above ground and you get invaded in the middle of the night, they will just think nobody is home...giving you an element of surprise in dealing with them.

by looking at the pics,my guess they are strong enough,as there seems to be those reinforceing rings along the body

I was wondering what would happen when it floods too. In this area there were coffins that came out of the ground at the cemeteries. I don't know if they were freshly dug graves or what. Concert both on bottom and top may be the answer but if you can not drive on a septic tank can you pour concert on these? I did like the fact that these were repurposed fuel tanks if I remember correctly so maybe more durable.
I guess another question is, is its lid waterproof if submerged or do you need to build it up to make sure in case of flooding?

In Afghanistan we had 6ft concrete culverts all over the place to get into for any incoming shells....you could do the same for an above ground shelter, just anchor it into the ground and use steel plate on the ends to make entrances/exits and fresh air vents,,,, and you could bury them also....

In Afghanistan we had 6ft concrete culverts all over the place to get into for any incoming shells....you could do the same for an above ground shelter, just anchor it into the ground and use steel plate on the ends to make entrances/exits and fresh air vents,,,, and you could bury them also....
I have seen on Homestead Rescue where they took a concert square culvert and did something like that to use as a storm shelter. Not easily hidden though on flat land.

If you do, please let us know what they say.

I got a hold of the people,you can not hurt this by driving over top of it,,,,,you can bury one about as deep as you like,,,these are recycled fuel tanks,,,,,also a number of things are custom made to your needs,,,and they can come and do the install for you,,,,,,,,,the kit includes a monitoring well,,,( more or less a french drain with a sump pump to keep water out from under the bunker ),,,,,and the man will answer the phone anytime you chose to call,,,,,,he was very helpful

Well, I wouldn' have to worry about my husband following me. He's claustrophobic. He can't even handle some elevators.

My son couldn't handle the small space either. So I go where he goes.

I’m thinking of it in a 3 fold thought. Yes. It scares me too.

1) storage for food and preps. Something of a root cellar, possibly.
2) storm shelter
3) bunker, possibly in part due to there being a nuclear power plant nearby. They’ve never had a leak (that they’ve admitted to), but one time they had an electrical fire set their cooling system on fire.

Oh wait - dog house in case I make my wife mad. So I’m up to 4 uses.

I’m thinking of it in a 3 fold thought. Yes. It scares me too.

1) storage for food and preps. Something of a root cellar, possibly.
2) storm shelter
3) bunker, possibly in part due to there being a nuclear power plant nearby. They’ve never had a leak (that they’ve admitted to), but one time they had an electrical fire set their cooling system on fire.

Oh wait - dog house in case I make my wife mad. So I’m up to 4 uses.
Let's hope you never test the number 4 theory. . . happy wife, happy life as the saying goes :)

I'm liking your 1 & 2 options

In this part of the Country it would get used multiple times from spring through fall as a tornado shelter. Iv saw nice brick homes that were hit during a tornado touchdown and You couldn't find a pice much bigger than a foot ball .
I have to second this.

We get tornados in Florida (especially with hurricanes), and I've seen houses that were blown all over the place in little pieces.

The first time I had a close encounter with a tornado...I had to clean up and change my underware.

I have to second this.

We get tornados in Florida (especially with hurricanes), and I've seen houses that were blown all over the place in little pieces.

The first time I had a close encounter with a tornado...I had to clean up and change my underware.
I was driving down the road listening Ton the warnings on radio and looks to my right and ...... there it was. I had two kids with me, one with special needs , so I'm trying to stay really calm.

I pulled into the Hobby Lobby and a man was yelling "hurry, hurry". We were ushered into the back with the other patrons. My son really did wet his pants.

It took usn4 hours to get home. 25 miles away. I called my husband and he had hisnfat ### out at the pool and had zero idea about the tornadoes all over town.

Latest posts

Back