Show me your blades

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! do you know its specific name for it, or a picture of

http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-16806-...r=8-2-spell&keywords=swiss+arrmy++expedation+

http://www.amazon.com/Wenger-16328-...sr=8-3-spell&keywords=swiss+arrmy++expedation

41hsKhbBceL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

the second on is from harbor frieght $8.99 + tax

I just got one of these too. There junk. Blade is held on by a set screw in the guard. I don't expect this to hold up. I'm either going to put liquid steel in it or drill two holes for bolts. I should have realized it wasn't a full tang blade. What a waste of a stainless steel blade.

Survival Knife.JPG

I just got one of these too. There junk. Blade is held on by a set screw in the guard. I don't expect this to hold up. I'm either going to put liquid steel in it or drill two holes for bolts. I should have realized it wasn't a full tang blade. What a waste of a stainless steel blade.

View attachment 333
Lmao, the handels hollow for the kit, whatd make you think its full tang?
Ya its junk, what do you expect for $9?
Although, because its junk i dont mind screwing it up on things i dont wanna use my good knife(s) for, like de-barking a tree limb, or practice my knife throwing skills, or, if nothing else, its still sharp enough to stab someone/thing.

View attachment 333

Have to agree its junk. I wouldn't rely on it for a moment !

View attachment 333

Loomis, check out the Victorinox helmsman
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354740302.297035.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354740322.443467.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354740337.361678.jpg

Locking blade, marlin spike for knots and the standard Vic stuff. Killer knife paid 35.00 bucks.

Lmao, the handels hollow for the kit, whatd make you think its full tang?
Ya its junk, what do you expect for $9?
Although, because its junk i dont mind screwing it up on things i dont wanna use my good knife(s) for, like de-barking a tree limb, or practice my knife throwing skills, or, if nothing else, its still sharp enough to stab someone/thing.

I buy better for $3 bucks. Just pissed me off. Poor design of a half way decent balde. I read the reviews of this blade, but that day I just forgot (senior moment).
I'll improve on the design. Can't be welded. Stainless steel to aluminum. Have to bolt it.
I just wanted something smaller than a Central American Banana Wacker (small Machete) for use in the yard.
I guess I woun't be satisfied until I own the "Green Destiny Sword" (not a copy) the original made for the movie. :(

I buy better for $3 bucks. Just pissed me off. Poor design of a half way decent balde. I read the reviews of this blade, but that day I just forgot (senior moment).
I'll improve on the design. Can't be welded. Stainless steel to aluminum. Have to bolt it.
I just wanted something smaller than a Central American Banana Wacker (small Machete) for use in the yard.
I guess I woun't be satisfied until I own the "Green Destiny Sword" (not a copy) the original made for the movie. :(
I would take some stainless pipe and some plates and weld a plate either side of the bottom of the blade to extend It a bit an then slot that into a piece of pipe and weld and butt the ends up , gotta be stronger than bolting it surely

84292_3.jpg

We get loads of mullet round here and all the kids lash nails or screws or knifes and all sorts of shit to sticks and absolutely massacre them hahaha the pontoon is always covered in blood an stuff when we go out on the boat hahaa

Was honest to god thinking that haha respect colt
Well I'm taking the handle off. I'll have to bring it over to the welding place and have them weld a tang on it, just change the handle. I'm going to think on this. I like the blade. It's a good size.

Well I'm taking the handle off. I'll have to bring it over to the welding place and have them weld a tang on it, just change the handle. I'm going to think on this. I like the blade. It's a good size.
Bad idea if you ask me.
You think its a pos now, just wait till that weild breaks when you need it most.
Full tang knives work best because their all one piece of metal.
My advice would be (i think the screw part and blade are one piece) to heat up the bolt and flatten it to a tang, be it full or short tang, if that doesnt work, still flaten the bolt, and add melted steel to the flattened bolt and shape it to a handle.
Or,, lmao, just do like i do and have it as a shit blade that you dont mind f-en up, and go buy a good bowie for the other shit.
Imho, it does have a good weight to it, and because of that i find its a good practice throwing knife.

Bad idea if you ask me.
You think its a pos now, just wait till that weild breaks when you need it most.
Full tang knives work best because their all one piece of metal.
My advice would be (i think the screw part and blade are one piece) to heat up the bolt and flatten it to a tang, be it full or short tang, if that doesnt work, still flaten the bolt, and add melted steel to the flattened bolt and shape it to a handle.
Or,, lmao, just do like i do and have it as a shit blade that you dont mind f-en up, and go buy a good bowie for the other shit.
Imho, it does have a good weight to it, and because of that i find its a good practice throwing knife.
What kind of weld are you talking about?
Anything is better that how it sits now. I'll talk to the guys at the welding shop. They weld road working machines, I know they would know. They have done work for me before.

What kind of weld are you talking about?
Anything is better that how it sits now. I'll talk to the guys at the welding shop. They weld road working machines, I know they would know. They have done work for me before.
The only wielder i havent used is a TIG for aluminum.
For that knife, id alllllmost go mig, though idk if the wield would be thick enough.
Might wanna arc it, but like i said, some wields break, even the best of'em.
it may never break, but do you want that chance if your life depended on that knife?

Latest posts

Back