Rules of engagement in a post SHTF world?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make America Great Again,, America For Real Americans !
Indian.jpg

Shouldn't be any ROEs in the Military nor as a civilian in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI.

Trouble with ROE is that one, the enemy doesn't abide by it, two, it hampers the effectiveness of a Combat unit and three, It gets Soldiers killed!!

Yeah thats one of the problems just like the Geneva Convention the enemy cannot read it either.

Shouldn't be any ROEs in the Military nor as a civilian in a SHTF/TEOTWAWKI.

Trouble with ROE is that one, the enemy doesn't abide by it, two, it hampers the effectiveness of a Combat unit and three, It gets Soldiers killed!!

after the SHIT hits the fan,,if I don't know you I'm taking no chances,if someone gets within my comfort zone I am taking them out,,,,,,you could warn them off but by doing that you may be opening the door for a future fight with more numbers against you,,,,I know this sounds harsh but you have to preserve your own life first

after the SHIT hits the fan,,if I don't know you I'm taking no chances,if someone gets within my comfort zone I am taking them out,,,,,,you could warn them off but by doing that you may be opening the door for a future fight with more numbers against you,,,,I know this sounds harsh but you have to preserve your own life first

So you wont object then if everyone else in your district takes the same approach and takes you out if you leave your property and go near theirs? :)

Yeah, calling in air support isn't going to happen in rural Ga. Post shtf. This thread deserves some real thought though. I'm of the mindset not to trust anyone. Unfortunately without teamwork you won't stand a chance. I do think being selective of who you let in based on their skills and assets is wise.

Yep...and that is the challenge, isn't it? I mean, if you let someone in, how can you be sure they won't just murder you and yours in your sleep? Or maybe they are a scout of a gang, etc.? I mean, you want to let in new skills, and increase your defensive number, but at the same time, the person is a complete stranger. Would be some MAJOR trust issues in a post SHTF world.

My thinking (and I've posted this before somewhere here), is that you'd have to offer the person a choice to join you, or go on their way (if they choose the latter, blindfold, drive erratically a bit, far away (so they can't find you again), leave them with some supplies (at night, so no sun to easily mark direction), and so be it...returning in a way not to be followed).

If they join, they agree to a trial period...where they contribute, benefit, but they are constantly watched, judged, and during sleep time are effectively imprisoned to limit their movement during this vulnerable time, and somewhat guarded...until trust is earned.

The other challenge is the initial meeting. Protocols, to ensure your group's safety, etc. Especially in a trading scenario, which is something we would eventually want to do...be traders, and provide goods and services for a fee or trade. It's some tricky logistics, and really depend on the SHTF scenario.

Yep...and that is the challenge, isn't it? I mean, if you let someone in, how can you be sure they won't just murder you and yours in your sleep? Or maybe they are a scout of a gang, etc.? I mean, you want to let in new skills, and increase your defensive number, but at the same time, the person is a complete stranger. Would be some MAJOR trust issues in a post SHTF world.

My thinking (and I've posted this before somewhere here), is that you'd have to offer the person a choice to join you, or go on their way (if they choose the latter, blindfold, drive erratically a bit, far away (so they can't find you again), leave them with some supplies (at night, so no sun to easily mark direction), and so be it...returning in a way not to be followed).

If they join, they agree to a trial period...where they contribute, benefit, but they are constantly watched, judged, and during sleep time are effectively imprisoned to limit their movement during this vulnerable time, and somewhat guarded...until trust is earned.

The other challenge is the initial meeting. Protocols, to ensure your group's safety, etc. Especially in a trading scenario, which is something we would eventually want to do...be traders, and provide goods and services for a fee or trade. It's some tricky logistics, and really depend on the SHTF scenario.

I'm still struggling with the trust issue. I always been asking myself how long before trust can set in? 6 month a year 2 years? After 6 month of trial and decide not to allow the person to stay, that person will have a pretty good layout of your situation, that's hell of a chance with the new guy. I have some pretty good dogs, it would be pretty hard to keep the new person away from your first line of defense beyond a couple of weeks before the dog gets accustom to the new fella being around.

OPSEC has to be the priority! After the new person been the property for a decent amount of time and you need to ask him to leave, what is your plan? Are you really going to allow him/her to walk away in a TEOTWAWKI with the knowledge this person has ascertained about each family member and the layout with the animals accustom to seeing this person around? So what is the plan? It truly is a double edge blade and a bit not comfortable to contemplate but has to be answered before things go south!

My intention is to only interact with people / preppers / family I already have a trusting relationship with, thats why i keep encouraging preppers to get to know each other now well in advance so you can build up trust BEFORE TSHTF.

My intention is to only interact with people / preppers / family I already have a trusting relationship with, thats why i keep encouraging preppers to get to know each other now well in advance so you can build up trust BEFORE TSHTF.

I couldn't agree more, finding a group that fits is key. However there's just one problem with that. I am having trouble finding people here who haven't either been shown to be an utter liar or so far off the reservation I wonder how the heck they manage in the real world. For the time being we are an army of two.:rolleyes:

my neighbors within 2.5 miles I know them all well but I don't know if any will survive fallout,but I believe I can trust them all,,,,these are the people I would try to work with,,,we are near the edge of the blast radius of the closest nuclear target,wind and luck will dictate who survives without a shelter

I couldn't agree more, finding a group that fits is key. However there's just one problem with that. I am having trouble finding people here who haven't either been shown to be an utter liar or so far off the reservation I wonder how the heck they manage in the real world. For the time being we are an army of two.:rolleyes:
Sally we all are a little loony or we would not be here................

Sally we all are a little loony or we would not be here................

LOL, I know that according to society I am not normal, and maybe those people I met thought the same of me, who knows?:) But seriously, on paper, they seemed worth meeting, In person was a whole 'nother ball game, to the point I left early as I felt really uncomfortable with the turn of conversation.

better to be a little loony and paranoid now...than then ;)
that issue called trust is a hard one,where I live,could I trust someone with my life,most likely not,none of my neighbors show that kind of traits.
sad to admit that my brother is not in the shape of some serious crap,unless he fixes that little problem with his heart,so my narrow shoulders bear the load and therefore in my mind;no rules,show some threat I respond with a 7,62.

i'm not classed as "normal "either, in that I don't much like other people and prefer to be on my own, that in ordinary society is seen as "odd" or even "weird", I mean we're supposed to be "social animals" aren't we? I hope when TSHTF I never see another human being ever again, I trust no one now and that will go tenfold Post SHTF.

Sal generally I find that the more level headed UK preppers will often state openly they are going to attend stuff like the Bushcraft Moot or the Wilderrness Gathering or places running useful courses like Hydroponics, Composting, Off Gridding, Keeping Chooks and Rabbits for food, Guerilla Gardening groups, Transition towners etc and will say they are going to said events on relevent forums. You can often arrange to meet folks at these places in safety and without obligation. In the US they have HUGE Prepper RVs, Expos, Meets where they can meet up and seek out like minded folk in safety.

Your choice but if you want to PM me with the ROUGH GENERAL area where you live NOT YOUR ADDRESS I'll let you know if I hear of any events happening in your area. ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION to you to do so. :)

Back