RED FLAG

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entertaining thread.

For a movie theater, I'd guess they're looking more for outside food/snacks than for weapons.

And if someone buys a gun & resells it anytime soon, that's already a crime ('straw buyer'). I have a real issue with creating new laws that we can look back and it would change nothing. Which means most likely it will never help or prevent anything else in the future. How about instead we look at laws that actually address real issues and aren't based on opinions?

I know I've been talking about buying a new smaller firearm, 9mm.

I haven't purchased one yet due to various reasons, but am thinking on getting a revolver instead.

Questions, comments and snide remarks appreciated.

My husband is going for his CC and needs one so I'm going to give him my S&W.

Robin, ask yourself what are your primary objectives with the handgun.

A revolver is a very low-maintenance handgun. And typically cheaper.

A semi can carry usually 2-3 times more rounds, each round is smaller (less powder, just compare a 38 next to a 9mm), and reloading is much faster.

If you are looking for a revolver, the 38 is a very nice size. In semi's, I'd look at the 9mm or 380. If you have trouble with chambering a round in the 9mm, move down to a 380. Also the 380's can be even smaller all-around for the gun, easier to fit in places and carry. But it definitely doesn't have the same stopping power as the 9mm.

Tradeoffs... one big thing not to even consider: unreliable handguns. Saving $100 now and risk your life when you need it is a horrible tradeoff.

Great feedback TF. I carry in my purse and the 9mm S&W adds lots of weight. Maybe if I went with a 9mm with a small capacity it woyld help. My SIL has a 380 but I've never used it. My 9mm is rather hard to chamber.

I was thinking a revolver would be easier all around. If you cant the job done with 6 shots that's pretty bad. BUT, ther coyld be multiple assailants and I would need the 9 or 10 I can get into mine. I can't fill it because it's too hard.

Robin, 99% of the time 6 rounds are plenty.

Take your SIL to the gun range with her 380. You might really fall in love with that caliber. I've known more than a few women who struggle with the spring on the 9mm and are overjoyed when they first use a 380. And it will be much lighter than the revolver, even with a spare magazine in your purse.

Thanks
I have a 1955 Smith & Wesson 2" air weight Chiefs Special in .38 special . Yes it is the original . If I were recommending something new that you could go to most Gun Shops and pick up it would be the Ruger LCR in .357 Magnum . Light concealable and wide range of ammo .[/QUOTE

Thanks Psalm. Most revolvers I have seen have the long barrell I can't have in my purse. I've also noticed revolvers are more expensive. I assumed they would be cheaper. My bad.

Great feedback TF. I carry in my purse and the 9mm S&W adds lots of weight. Maybe if I went with a 9mm with a small capacity it woyld help. My SIL has a 380 but I've never used it. My 9mm is rather hard to chamber.

I was thinking a revolver would be easier all around. If you cant the job done with 6 shots that's pretty bad. BUT, ther coyld be multiple assailants and I would need the 9 or 10 I can get into mine. I can't fill it because it's too hard.
Keep in mind that different ranges rent guns, and you can try a variety to see which ones work best for you.

I could put my 2 cents in, but my situation is--almost certainly--different from yours.

I, for example, generally prefer a slightly weaker round over a hand cannon.

I usually carry a .380 ACP, or a 9mm Bulgarian Makarov.

I live, work, and play in an urban and suburban environment, so I always try to keep in mind that over-penetration and richochet are possibilities.

As someone who carries a gun, I feel a responsibility to the innocent, uninvolved third party....so I use hollowpoints in a .380 ACP or 9mm Makarov pistol.

Both of these rounds are considered marginal man-stoppers.....but stopping someone depends upon bullet placement.

With a weaker round, there is less recoil, so I can get quicker follow-up shots.

Also, with less recoil, I'll be better able to shoot the gun if I'm wounded or injured.

If I had a preference, I'd ask you to consider the Makarov.

It's cheap, it's utterly reliable with good ammo, it's extremely simple to field strip, and gunsmith yourself.

It's also rather compact and flat, so it's easy to conceal. In addition, it can be converted into a .380ACP by swapping out the barrel with a tool called a barrel press.

The gun has a long history of usage by the East German Secret Police (the feared Stasi), the KGB, the NKVD, the Peoples' Republic of China intelligence agency, and so on.

It was also--to date--the only gun know to have been sent into outer space, as it was included in the Cosmonaut's survival kits aboard the Soyuz space ships.

It has its faults: the ammo can be awkward to find, and the magazine catch is on the heel of the grip, which may put off some people who are used to a magazine release near the trigger. Also, the sights are a little small for my high-mileage eyes. Doc Henley referred me to a website that can add bigger sights.

Go try one at the range, and get back to me.

images.jpeg

A lot of people don't like the lanyard loop, as they feel that it can interfere with the grip, but it doesn't bother me.

I like the idea of a lanyard loop if I have to run, climb, or crawl through brush or a tunnel.

Last edited:
Since the red flag thing, I am deleting anything social media related, this might stay, I am unsure at the moment, but it's sad I have to watch every little thing I say anywhere, I wont risk my guns because some soy sucker cant handle words.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do any of you remember the Clinton list of white men with guns or hording food? In the end, all of us will end up redflaged and loose our gun rights.

Latest posts

Back