Québec: euthanasia without consent

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys sometimes amaze me, you have a tendency to turn any topic to some shit slinging competition over dems and reps,even if it was about a gold fish in a f@@@king fish tank and the you would argue if feeding that fish is a waste of tax dollars or not...

And they laughed at death panels! So, Canada wants to skip right over that, and go straight to a single person deciding another person's life or death... so is this more efficient?

So sad.
And those "death panels" are real. I lost a sister to one. She was in long term care facility due to several health issues. Before being placed in the facility, she was very close to death. A doctor finally put her on a medication that basically brought her back to life. She regained the strength to walk and get around on her own. She knew everyone and could hold conversions with people, especially family. THEN, the "death panel" meeting in private, made a decision (without any input from her physician or family) to remove her from the drugs as they were "too expensive". She almost immediately went into a coma and could no longer communicate. After the physician found out what had happened (removing my sister from the medication) he demanded they restart the medication. It was too late, she could not recover, SO DEATH PANELS IN THE US ARE REAL. HOW MANY OTHERS HAVE DIED AT THE HANDS OF THE DEATH PANELS.

you guys sometimes amaze me, you have a tendency to turn any topic to some shit slinging competition over dems and reps,even if it was about a gold fish in a f@@@king fish tank and the you would argue if feeding that fish is a waste of tax dollars or not...
I agree. Bringing parties into it takes the logic out every time. We shouldn't be believing or doing things because of this party or that party, but because it's right.

this is from an outsider,me, as don't live there,but from my point of view, your country is divided as hell and historicly that makes it vulnerable,
when was US together the last time?? after Pearl Harbor,it's that long and before Pearl you were divided and vulnerable,do you find the thread in this??
my neighbor in the east is already beating the drums " of enemies outside",they have for a while been doing that and historicly that means bad,very bad...

We were united briefly after 9/11 until the Democrats became envious of Bush's high poll numbers and decided that they needed to do anything and everything possible to destroy Bush (with the eager complicity of the Main Stream Media). It's been downhill ever since.

Last edited:
As a healthcare worker, I'm on the fence about this euthanasia thing.

I deplore the idea of anyone playing God with peoples' lives.

Yet....does anyone remember Karen Ann Quindlin? She persisted in a mostly vegetative state for over a decade before she died from pneumonia.

I don't see any valid reason for sustaining a body in a vegetative state when the brain is dead, or mostly dead.

Yet to stretch this idea to mercy killing when someone gets a horrible diagnosis is distasteful and wrong.

Although I still support the idea of people dying on their own terms when they're terminally ill.

It's a very complicated subject.

Really hard to decide on turning a machine off. We had to after my father-in-law was so far. The doctors and nurses came in every morning, expecting him to be dead. He lasted 8 days without the machines. No pain that we know of, but really hard. The family has to decide, not some law or group of doctors. ONLY, what if there are no more family or known family? Really tough. Some want to make more money and keep them alive, others want the do the "humane" thing and let them go...
It works with animals, letting them go...In Germany, the body of a dead person is classified as an "object" and no longer a person. If they are brain dead, does that include them? Are they technically classified as being the same as an animal? Can you just: let them go? My family knows I do not want any machines, I have survived Motorcycle and car accidents, falling from trees, scaffolds and ladders, 2 near drownings, 2 food poisonings, 3 electricity shocks, a sniper and 2 mortar explosions. It was not my time. If it is my time, your laws will not change anything. I will go, and I am ready for it. No Fear, Live free. GP

that's why we have here in Fin a "living will", where you state what you want and not be done,this is done when you still are in the state of sound mind, I'm in the process of doing it myself too,sure I don't wanna die,but I'm not afraid of it,seen already too much of it,will see more

It works with animals, letting them go...In Germany, the body of a dead person is classified as an "object" and no longer a person. If they are brain dead, does that include them?

While this is a dangerous precedent, I think we could include all democrats within that definition of 'brain dead'. Hmmmmm….

I don't disagree with you on this.

There seems to be this black and white idea that a person is either 100% conservative or 100% liberal, with no grey areas.

It seems that if a person is conservative on some issues and liberal on others, then this person must be a hypocrite.

The only problem is that real life is filled with grey areas, and being flexible doesn't mean the same thing as having no convictions.

As a healthcare worker, I'm on the fence about this euthanasia thing.

I deplore the idea of anyone playing God with peoples' lives.

Yet....does anyone remember Karen Ann Quindlin? She persisted in a mostly vegetative state for over a decade before she died from pneumonia.

I don't see any valid reason for sustaining a body in a vegetative state when the brain is dead, or mostly dead.

Yet to stretch this idea to mercy killing when someone gets a horrible diagnosis is distasteful and wrong.

Although I still support the idea of people dying on their own terms when they're terminally ill.

It's a very complicated subject.

She was being artificially kept a live (ventilator and feeding tube), totally different than lethal injection Vs pulling the plug ;)

The way I see it, a person is a living person as long as the heart beats naturally regardless the state of the brain. We need to call it for what it is euthanasia is lethal injection no sense sugar coating with fancy names that belong in utopia. Lethal injection of a unsuspecting medical patient has nothing to do with mercy or what ever they want to call it but all to do with money, any hospital and/or doctor tells one otherwise are g'damn liars and fxxken says a lot about moral compass of the human race today.

Latest posts

Back