On Panic buying

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/03/04/keep-calm-carry-grocery-shopping-even-shelves-empty/

Publically we are told everything will be fine just shop normally, But I pick up on this snippet from the above article

"But consumers shouldn’t worry about starving if the outbreak intensifies, according to Monteyne, a former supply chain director at Tesco - even though he does warn of the prospect of “food riots” in an extreme situation. “The industry has ready-made plans to deal with that: plans are surely being drawn up with suppliers to rationalise product ranges and transition to a 'feed-the-nation' status when necessary,” he says."

UK supermarket

upload_2020-3-4_22-23-35.jpeg

Americans have never seen anything like this and I suspect they will clear store aisles as soon as the confirmed cases gets into the thousands. Especially if they start cancelling events, schools, etc. Should get very interesting here soon. People have been shellshocked for the last couple of years with all of the insane political, racial, outrage, anti gun, open border.... BS by the MSM.

As always, I hope for the best and plan for the worst. Make sure you also have plenty of gas, propane, etc you may need if nobody is open for a couple of months. I don't see the internet going down, but if it does, Sweet Baby Jesus.

Me and mine are preparing for this to get really bad. We are also planning for other major events to act as multipliers. Global war, global monetary reset, other bio weapons released and power grid attacks.
I was thinking about that today while watching coverage of the tornadoes aftermath in TN. What if TN had been in the middle of a full-scale outbreak when that tornado came through? It could have gotten real bad, real quick (so much worse even than it currently is). Add a few other catastrophic events here and there. .. what it the pandemic is still going on during a big wildfire in CA? Or hurricane season here in TX. This could so easily get very, very bad.

Two Supermarket logistics managers I'm in contact with tell me sales of dried goods ( pasta white rice, flour etc) and tinned goods ( corned beef, ham, soups, beans, veg, etc ) have more than tripled, but so far supply is keeping up with demand.

I was thinking about that today while watching coverage of the tornadoes aftermath in TN. What if TN had been in the middle of a full-scale outbreak when that tornado came through? It could have gotten real bad, real quick (so much worse even than it currently is). Add a few other catastrophic events here and there. .. what it the pandemic is still going on during a big wildfire in CA? Or hurricane season here in TX. This could so easily get very, very bad.
Reminds me of a saying about don’t kick a man while he’s down. Murphy's law tends to kick in while your distracted by something else. Seriously, my attitude is don’t worry about anything, but keep your eyes open and react to things as they unfold.

Most retail companies now try to keep just enough to fill the shelves without much back stock . Relying more on logistics to bring whats needed daily rather than restocking from a stock room . Business wise it makes sense as they are not heavily invested in inventory that is not needed at the time and less payroll spent restocking from the back . Downside is a surge in sales or interruption in shipping/logistics .

its called " just in time" delivery system, its okay for normal times but if there is a run on the shelves they will empty quickly, nobody has back room storage in the shops anymore, that's where they store all the broken cardboard boxes they rip up as soon as the stuff is on the shelves, that's why you cant get cardboard boxes anymore.

Me and mine are preparing for this to get really bad. We are also planning for other major events to act as multipliers. Global war, global monetary reset, other bio weapons released and power grid attacks.

You are smart to do so! The fact is nobody knows how bad this virus will get. It has mutated already into another strain. The first strain is not nearly as deadly as the second. That is why a few people have been reported getting the flu twice.

Two Supermarket logistics managers I'm in contact with tell me sales of dried goods ( pasta white rice, flour etc) and tinned goods ( corned beef, ham, soups, beans, veg, etc ) have more than tripled, but so far supply is keeping up with demand.
When doing some checking I saw where preppier food is gone in many places. Check out Walmart Augustine Farms or many other distributors.

nobody can stop this virus, it may get as bad as the Plague/black death and wipe out whole communities, I think maybe this is the SHTF we have all been prepping for?

I certainly wouldn’t put money on it not being a true SHTF disaster. Right now we have a chance to prepare and attempt to stay safe.

Avoiding the virus itself may be as futile as trying to completely avoid the cold or flu. Maybe even more futile given how stealthy the virus is. With the cold or flu, people who are contagious have telltale symptoms. You could have a member of your family with the virus and contagious and not know it.

Avoiding the virus itself may be as futile as trying to completely avoid the cold or flu. Maybe even more futile given how stealthy the virus is. With the cold or flu, people who are contagious have telltale symptoms. You could have a member of your family with the virus and contagious and not know it.
I agree that I’m not sure anyone can completely avoid this thing. It’s probably allready closer to your area than anyone realizes. It ballooned in China almost overnight, of course it will here too. Even with not going out of your house at all, and even that probably won’t help as down the road in a few weeks you will go out eventually and are likely to get it then. My advice is get rest, eat well, minimize your exposure and hope your immune system is in good shape. Oh, and worry or stress dosent help your immune system.

Latest posts

Back