New MOLLE Gear!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am with you on that because my thoughts are that we may only have a months left before everything goes downhill and then it begins, but I am prepared and I am prepared to do what it takes to protect my family.

Just wanted to show off my vest on and possibly give some ideas to someone that may find this useful?View attachment 2951

I was trying my stuff on yesterday. I still need goggles and a helmet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404481259.009384.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404481279.803294.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404481301.127424.jpg

looks very nice, what type of helmet do you have in mind??

looks very nice, what type of helmet do you have in mind??
probably standard issue Kevlar.
Things are expensive but you can't buy a new brain.
I'm still researching on them.
If any body has any ideas or thoughts on the subject, I'm all ears.
I did not get to serve in the military so I don't really know what the specs or capabilities are, I really would like some " been there, done that" information.

yup, new brains are hard to find, not many donors for them, that's why I use a helmet when riding my bike..
my oldest son asked me when he was around 6, dad is your head harder than mine? I sais that no, it's just like yours, why? well why don't you have a helmet?? back home for my helmet :)
some kevlar helmets could be great, but like you said here's alot of pros that can say; been there done that.
I know it's kinda stupid but I would love to have that old german ww2 style helmet...in kevlar naturally

yup, new brains are hard to find, not many donors for them, that's why I use a helmet when riding my bike..
my oldest son asked me when he was around 6, dad is your head harder than mine? I sais that no, it's just like yours, why? well why don't you have a helmet?? back home for my helmet :)
some kevlar helmets could be great, but like you said here's alot of pros that can say; been there done that.
I know it's kinda stupid but I would love to have that old german ww2 style helmet...in kevlar naturally
I think a Kevlar helmet like the ones from the Prussian army, with the big spike on the top would be neat!!!
Although, probably would not be very feasible. Haha

The helmet I use is a PASGT kevlar helmet I believe it is a level IIIA, I got it for $80 on ebay, complete with cover, band, and it was completely put together for me, some modification to the helmet have been made by me.

you never know where you end up in a poss shtf situation, just like the boyscouts;be prepared

my personal gear goes with the MTP scheme,have some desertcammo also, I'll have to see what there is tomorrow at the surplusstore fleemarket,atleast I'm buying some emergency bisquits,light gives a quick busrst of calories

it's multi terrain pattern, think that the brits came out with it,but ain't gonna bet on that,only what I heard about it, looks nice too,
had to check, yup,developed by the brits, us-army turned it down

try that multi terrain pattern/MTP if you can,I have both trousers and a ajcket, and my desert-tan vest fits quit nice with it

Where I'm at the predominate colors are tan, light grey, and the occasional patch of green. Woodland is too dark. I need to look into MTP. Thanks for the hint.

my pleasure my friend, as far as i know it's apretty good mix of all goodies in camouflage ;)

did actually see atv-show on nat.geo about US PJ-s and they had that MTP

The MTP is like the U.S army's new Multi Cam . I think the U.S , British and other NATO Countries developed thier own versions . I am going to put several sets of the newer stuff togeather but I still like my cold war era stuff the best like U.S woodland , West German flectarn , East German rain pattern , British DPM ,Swiss alpenflage .

that swiss alpenflege is quite nice, I have a rainponcho, it's actually very good in an autum forrest,blends in nicely

Latest posts

Back