New MOLLE Gear!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy everyone! I just wanted to post an update with my gear setup since I had sold my old ALICE vest and upgraded to the MOLLE FLC. I didn't know my balaclava was crooked until I had already taken the pictures and took the gear off. Not much has changed with my gear except the new vest I had gotten today and the new goggles on my helmet. So please feel free to comment good or bad about my gear, I am still in the process of upgrading it more. Such as upgrading the M17 gas mask to the M40 and the cheap walmart gloves to hard knuckle kevlar gloves.View attachment 2574 View attachment 2575 View attachment 2576 View attachment 2577

Keep growing your preps Cali...we all started somewhere. Personally, I'd hold on to the stuff...as a back-up. Never know, operational use might cause your primary gear to function and then what do you have. Let me know if you need the T.O. specs on the M-40 to inspect it when you buy it. As for M-17...well might be good for the BOB, but those triangular filters are crap to replace in a contaminated environment. Have a good one.

button system.jpg think I promosed to upload some images about covering velcro on your vest,not quite happy yet, may be some changes but for now it looks like that..velcro covered.jpg didn't take the velcro away,it's still there if one needs it later..ammo holder 6 pcs.jpg made these my self,if I don't find something I make itammo in pocket.jpg just slide it in, as I have 6 pockets in front, one side is for buckshots, the other for slugsvest more or less ready.jpg looks like this,not exactly tactical with this black color,but that's gonna change soon,it will look little different.
very glad my hand are not bigger what they are,some of the things done where kinda tricky,but with patience it can be done.
so now for stealth; no ripping sound of velcro :)

Keep growing your preps Cali...we all started somewhere. Personally, I'd hold on to the stuff...as a back-up. Never know, operational use might cause your primary gear to function and then what do you have. Let me know if you need the T.O. specs on the M-40 to inspect it when you buy it. As for M-17...well might be good for the BOB, but those triangular filters are crap to replace in a contaminated environment. Have a good one.
Thank you Silent Bob, and yes I could use some specs because I love my M-17 but I have the same idea that its not good to have triangular cheek filters in a situation that has contamination. So that is why I am going with the M-40 as well because it uses the common 40mm threaded filters.

Save you some time Cali..ask and you shall receive!

The TO goes over these things, but focus on a few things, if the harness looks warn, replace it. Inspect the rubber face piece for a dry or brittle cracks..if it does, return it immediately to the person you bought it from. Inspect the nose piece, make sure that the drinking tube is not cut or chewed on. When you pull off the old filter, inspect the inner inlet cover..they will look like old M17 inlet, but makes sure it is seeded correctly (laying flat). Inspect the thread where the cartridge is located, screw the old filter back on and make sure it seeds well and that is not at an angle, if it does, then the thread to the mask inlet, are worn and that means either replacing it which is not difficult, but costly...save you some time, send it back.

Me, I never buy from those Army Supply places, I know their cheap, but for me, with the line of work I've done, better to get one that is new and from a reputable source. Used ones will be okay against CS agents, but who wants to chance it for a Nuc, bio or chem threat. My take, some have different views on the subject.

Personally, you want to go cheap, wear a paper gown, some surgical gloves and a defective mask...go for it. My theory than is why did you spend all that money on some high tech piece of firearm, only to be laying on to the wayside, choking on your own blood.

Hope the T.O. helps you out.

Attachments

• TM_3-4240-339-10.12645728.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
You and I Bob, our views are very alike, I found a place online that sells the M-40 in surplus but in new condition for around $120 which in my opinion, well worth it!

that shemagh is good, multifunctional, one of the best things I have

Yeah I when I first looked at one I didn't think much of it but $7 for it and its 10x bigger than a bandana and has dozens upon dozens of uses? Worth it! One of which is using like I am for a mask. Blends in well with the camouflage.

yup,and tomorrow this man is going to a fleemarket at my favorite surplus store, nothing but mil-gear for sale, might carry home something ;)
I do need a white shemagh, it would fit good with my wintergear

I have to update my gear as well because pretty soon I will be moving out of my parents house and moving one state over to Nevada and so I will need to switch from woodland to desert and snow camo but I will still keep my woodland gear because I do not want to sell it all. I need to find a good surplus store where they are really good sized and have lots of great gear so I am jealous of that.

for winter gear, if push comes to shove you can use a plain white bedsheet, it will not sit perfectly but you will not have any distinct shape either what could blow your cover

Yeah that is an idea, but I will figure it out more when I move there because I want to focus more on the gear I need for survival, especially getting a rifle because that is my biggest priority right now, for hunting and protection.

smart choice, had it been here it would have been some AK-type.
would love to have one too,but with our gunlaws here right now I can only dream, but still consider me lucky for having a 12ga and that 10/22

Well my dad has many guns, two of which are an AR-15 and an Ak-47, which I want to ask him for the AK for my 19 birthday next month, but if a SHTF scenario happened, he would take the AR and I would take the AK and the 9mm beretta and he would have his glock 22 and probably the 1911.

let's hope we have some time to prep and be as ready as we can be.

Latest posts

Back