My future preps

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikingPrepper

Reaction score
E324371E-85CC-4755-B200-8B8C847F7082.png
87ABEA3E-D80B-4161-A73F-9C81A56246B5.png
Alright so, I get paid once a month (VA Disability) and I have some things in mind to buy for my preps but I’m not sure what to go with. Your thoughts on my 2 carts?

that trauma bag, personally I would get an empty bag and build it myself, usually in those ready made bags there are good stuff,but also very bad stuff.
I went the "build it your self way". and yes I'm a paramedic and occasionally somewhat picky on stuff..
there should be info about first aid stuff etc in that thread,if my memory serves me right.

comms are important,would get those, my 2 cents.

Get comms and trauma. Spend the rest on ammo unless you don't have a firearm?
Well, as of right now I have 4 air guns; 2 assault rifles, a Daisy Powerline 880 and a pistol. All co2 operates except the Daisy and idk what happened but it now shoots without needing to be pumped. I have pellets and some bbs but I’m looking at some higher power guns for protection.

BASIC MEDICAL KIT

A decent but comprehensive medical kit is likely to be an essential part of your preps, don’t forget to obtain by any means necessary extra prescription medicines needed by anyone in your family.

Sterile Packs, containing coated sterile field, 2 comp procedure tray, non-woven swabs, dressing towels, latex gloves, yellow disposable bag.

Gauze swabs

Sterile dressings assorted sizes

Field dressings

Band-aids / Blister dressings

Tapes

Alcohol wipes

Burn gel squares

Steristrips

Sterile gloves

Stitch cutters

Tweezers

Scissors

Spencer Wells Forceps/ Haemostats

Syringes for irrigation

Aspirin (liquid and tabs)

Paracetamol (liquid and tabs)

Ibuprofen (liquid and tabs)

Calpol (for kids)

Antihistamine cream and tabs

Anti-inflammatory cream and spray

Anti-fungal cream and spray

Antiseptic cream

Anti-biotics, tabs, powder and liquid

Bonjela mouth ulcer & teething treatment

IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) Tabs (Colofac)

Eczema spray and cream

Insect repellent lotion and spray

Hydrocortisone cream

Acne & spot treatment (Nicotinamide 4%)

Vaseline

Eye ointment / allergy drops

Nasal decongestant (Otravine spray)

Diarrhoea treatment

Eye drops

Ear drops

Worming treatment

Re-hydration sachets (Dioralyte)

IF AVAILABLE

Broad spectrum antibiotics

Local anaesthetic spray and cream

Malaria treatment

Multiple bottles and sprays of Detol / Detox

Important do obtain

All prescribed medications for everyone in group

Spare sets of all prescribed spectacles, dentures, hearing aids etc

This kit is in no way complete or comprehensive, but it does provide a good basic kit to build from, watch out for expiry dates and rotate / replace as necessary.

All I have is air guns lol unfortunately I’m not able to possess real guns

Look up the FX Impact or the Walther Reign or even the new Edgun Leshiy 2 three superb ultra modern air guns. Then buy a refillable dive bottle set up of at least 12 litres to recharge your guns in seconds.

The Seneca Dragon claw is a HUGE gun very unweildy a pig to deploy indoors

Last edited:
I might still get the bag and then whatever I don’t need I could take out. I have very little medical supplies and no comms. But yet that .50 cal could do some damage if someone were to try and invade my house lol
I have a 50cal black powder rifle that I’ve never fired. It was on a great clearance so I bought it on a whim. Tremendous power but with the reloading time I kind of consider it useless as a defensive weapon.

that trauma bag, personally I would get an empty bag and build it myself, usually in those ready made bags there are good stuff,but also very bad stuff.
I went the "build it your self way". and yes I'm a paramedic and occasionally somewhat picky on stuff..
there should be info about first aid stuff etc in that thread,if my memory serves me right.

Totally agree with you jontte! While I’m not a paramedic I had a family one help me with building mine. He is a paramedic in the rough part of Chicago and a medical guy in the reserves.

I agree about the pre-stocked bag but also I think it can be a good start for people who don't know what all they need to buy, because stocking an empty bag can be intimidating for someone who is new to building a first aid kit. With the pre-stocked bag, they can slowly swap out for more useful items as they go, but they do come with a lot of good basic.
I like the dragon claw thing.

Latest posts

Back