Mind Altering Drugs

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danil54grl

Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with people who take prescription drugs for depression becoming violent? Like their personality has changed for whatever reason. I know someone who is going thru this right now, but then I'm thinking we have how many people in this world on these types of medication. Is this the reason that we see a % rise violence? Mass murders? Could this be a link or is it just because the world is more populated and we have access to the news?

Anyone familiar with people who take prescription drugs for depression becoming violent?

Desvenlafaxine (Pristiq) An antidepressant which affects both serotonin and noradrenaline, this drug is 7.9 times more likely to be associated with violence than other drugs.

Venlafaxine (Effexor) A drug related to Pristiq in the same class of antidepressants, both are also used to treat anxiety disorders. Effexor is 8.3 times more likely than other drugs to be related to violent behavior.

Fluvoxamine (Luvox) An antidepressant that affects serotonin (SSRI), Luvox is 8.4 times more likely than other medications to be linked with violence

Atomoxetine (Strattera) Used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), Strattera affects the neurotransmitter noradrenaline and is 9 times more likely to be linked with violence compared to the average medication.

Paroxetine (Paxil) An SSRI antidepressant, Paxil is also linked with more severe withdrawal symptoms and a greater risk of birth defects compared to other medications in that class. It is 10.3 times more likely to be linked with violence compared to other drugs.

Fluoxetine (Prozac) The first well-known SSRI antidepressant, Prozac is 10.9 times more likely to be linked with violence in comparison with other medications.

All these drugs change the chemistry in the brain. Considering how new these drugs are I'd say they are still experimenting with them. I don't believe anyone really knows the long term affects yet. I've managed to stay off even over the counter drugs most of my life but had to start with pills for the blood pressure and heart. My attitude is anything you put in your body has potential adverse effects. Sometimes the meds are worth the potential risks though. There are many truly depressed people that can't function without these drugs. I see a problem though when the drug companies mass market these things and literally millions of people use them.

I will need to find out what he is on now. . . its been changed thru out the last couple years that they have been dealing with this mans depression and suicidal tendencies. For this man who I've known for over 20 years has always shown me respect. The gentle giant. But he has assaulted his wife twice now when he gets upset. Not beats up but pushing down and argumentative. Normally he is so passive. He checked himself into a hospital. Feel very bad about what happened. He mentioned to his wife that he may want to come to our house after he gets out. Im OK with him coming, just trying to get prepared for what I may be dealing with. The end of Aug he started electroshock therapy, which they call something else now days. Its supposed to help with the suicidal thoughts, depression & make him feel better.

Its hard for me to understand needing drugs to function in life. People get depressed. Its up to that person to get out of it. Redirect your attention to something positive. Its plain and simple to me. If anything maybe I can get some help with the garden and critters. He enjoys both.

I will need to find out what he is on now. . . its been changed thru out the last couple years that they have been dealing with this mans depression and suicidal tendencies. For this man who I've known for over 20 years has always shown me respect. The gentle giant. But he has assaulted his wife twice now when he gets upset. Not beats up but pushing down and argumentative. Normally he is so passive. He checked himself into a hospital. Feel very bad about what happened. He mentioned to his wife that he may want to come to our house after he gets out. Im OK with him coming, just trying to get prepared for what I may be dealing with. The end of Aug he started electroshock therapy, which they call something else now days. Its supposed to help with the suicidal thoughts, depression & make him feel better.

Its hard for me to understand needing drugs to function in life. People get depressed. Its up to that person to get out of it. Redirect your attention to something positive. Its plain and simple to me. If anything maybe I can get some help with the garden and critters. He enjoys both.

Records from the Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program obtained Tuesday show Paddock was prescribed diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.

diazepam
Controlled substance
Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination

Diazepam is a sedative-hypnotic drug in the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines, which studies have shown can trigger aggressive behavior. Chronic use or abuse of sedatives such as diazepam can also trigger psychotic experiences

From what I've seen though, these meds affect how the person responds to things, when unbalanced. They would NOT be to blame for someone amassing weapons for YEARS and then meticulously planning a massacre shooting. I still say this whole thing stinks to high heaven. Whatever the real story is here, it is NOT the narrative of some rich guy with a screw loose who then decided to off people. That just doesn't add up any way you try and spin it.

I'm beginning to think that he had big plans and was going to use the explosion of the fuel tanks as a diversion. Either he didn't know they were jet fuel, or didn't know that jet fuel was not highly volatile. But when they didn't explode his whole plan went off the rails and he just improvised after that.

Having all of those guns is hardly improvising. And, we still have all those other windows broken, and reports of multiple shooters (which really makes sense given the weapons found, and the audio clips). I don't know...just so much about this whole thing just doesn't add up.

It's like the Orlando shooting all over again. Reports of at least 3 different shooters, from witnesses, that were then scrubbed from the media (hard to dispute, when a survivor is saying a man was holding a gun on them, while they heard a shooter in another room shooting folks....). Granted, witnesses are often unreliable, but sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Doubt we'll ever get a straight story here....just a sanitized and packaged narrative that makes just enough sense, to at least be swallowed by a complicit press and the unawakened masses.

Follow the logic. IF it was a planned false flag op, what was the possible motive?

Fairly obvious, same as it would be for any mass shooting....to turn the public against guns completely. And it's working. And it's foolproof. Perhaps that's why these types of events happen almost exclusively in the US?

My brother took Chantix to stop smoking and it changed him completely. He was scary. As soon as he quit the Chantix, he went back to normal

Records from the Nevada Prescription Monitoring Program obtained Tuesday show Paddock was prescribed diazepam tablets by Henderson physician Dr. Steven Winkler on June 21.

diazepam
Controlled substance
Can cause paranoid or suicidal ideation and impair memory, judgment, and coordination

Diazepam is a sedative-hypnotic drug in the class of drugs known as benzodiazepines, which studies have shown can trigger aggressive behavior. Chronic use or abuse of sedatives such as diazepam can also trigger psychotic experiences
If it was the Valium (diazapam), he certainly wasn't on very long. I don't believe that. I have heard of some anti-depressants have an instantaneous negative effect, but not Valium. And also the Chantix as I mentioned in another post

A shrink prescribed Valium for my son, but it seemed to give him quite the temper, so we stopped, and he went back to normal.

If it was the Valium (diazapam), he certainly wasn't on very long. I don't believe that. I have heard of some anti-depressants have an instantaneous negative effect, but not Valium. And also the Chantix as I mentioned in another post

He's been prescribed since 2013, had a doctor on retainer.

"2015 World Psychiatry study, 960 Finnish adults and teens convicted of homicide proved that the odds of them killing someone were 45% higher during time frame they took benzodiazepines. And one year prior, researchers in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry concluded: 'It appears that benzodiazepine use is moderately associated with subsequent aggressive behavior.'"

They used to be called "momma' s little helpers". Take one and you mellow out and don't kill the kids.

I remember years ago it was the goto drug for many people, back in those days reported violence from spouse on spouse wasn't reported at the level it is today plus many took to heart the family code of conduct "what happens in the family remains in the family"

Hollywood helped make Valium the miracle drug of choice back in the day.

I remember years ago it was the goto drug for many people, back in those days reported violence from spouse on spouse wasn't reported at the level it is today plus many took to heart the family code of conduct "what happens in the family remains in the family"

Hollywood helped make Valium the miracle drug of choice back in the day.
Now people go to xanax instead. It's still a benzodiazepine though. I hated them (I had 3 people die) . They gave me a terrible hangover effect the next day. Stopped taking them.

The problems are not just for adult drugs. I think an even bigger problem is what they're giving kids for ADHD/ADD. The majority of these teen/20 y.o. mass murderers took those drugs for years. I doubt that news will get any news coverage because it's such a huge business.

For example, 80+% of foster kids are diagnosed ADHD/ADD and given drugs. It's very simple. It's a win-win for foster parents. First, they get paid a nice raise for kids on prescription drugs. Second, the kids turn into drooling well-behaved vegetables. No so much of a win for the kids. These kids spend a decade taking mind-altering drugs, and we wonder why the snap?

So, just to be clear...

Three people died, and the next day you had a hangover when you took benzodiazepine? :eek:
Noooooooo. Because I had 3 close family members die close together, the doctor gave me Xanax? Every time I would take it, the next day I would have hangover type feeling all day. I hated the feeling a stopped taking it.

Latest posts

Back