Irma and Jose

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stayed for many a hurricanes, but Irma is not your typical girl. . . she is packing a deadly punch. Storm surge is the biggest issue. I've seen the aftermath of 15 - 19 ft storm surge first hand. Nothing left for miles except piles of wood, cars yards to miles from where they were parked. Bodies with clothes ripped off miles away. It truly is devastating, almost unreal even when you are seeing it. I understand the wanting to stay. To want to start clean up as soon as possible cause once you leave you can not just go back home. You want to protect what is yours. . . that home and all your possessions that you have have worked so hard for.

Homes can be rebuilt and possession can be replaced, but your life can not. My heart and prayers are for Florida right now. I hope that everyone who decided to stay is right with God cause they maybe meeting Him sooner than they thought. Mav, I am sorry to have heard that your cousin and her daughter are staying. May Gods hands be on them to protect them.

I worked S of Atlanta yesterday by about 30 mins. That was the ride down. Coming back took over an hour. It was moving at least but averaged 35 mph. Bumper to bumper N bound. Surprisingly though, we didn't see too many fla tags. Yes there were lots of them, but Ga outnumbered them by far. The ride from central fla takes me 8 hrs normally. I'm reading its 24 right now.

I have stayed for many a hurricanes, but Irma is not your typical girl. . . she is packing a deadly punch. Storm surge is the biggest issue. I've seen the aftermath of 15 - 19 ft storm surge first hand. Nothing left for miles except piles of wood, cars yards to miles from where they were parked. Bodies with clothes ripped off miles away. It truly is devastating, almost unreal even when you are seeing it. I understand the wanting to stay. To want to start clean up as soon as possible cause once you leave you can not just go back home. You want to protect what is yours. . . that home and all your possessions that you have have worked so hard for.

Homes can be rebuilt and possession can be replaced, but your life can not. My heart and prayers are for Florida right now. I hope that everyone who decided to stay is right with God cause they maybe meeting Him sooner than they thought. Mav, I am sorry to have heard that your cousin and her daughter are staying. May Gods hands be on them to protect them.

The bloody evil looking thing could make H Andrew look like a spring shower, its bigger than France, back up to full Cat 5 strength and likely to cruise at 13MPH right up the middle of FLA, If the winds (200MPH plus gusts) dont get ya the Storm Surge (12 to 20m ft) or the Rain ( up to 50 inches WILL, then its the looters and disease and shortages after to worry about.

I worked S of Atlanta yesterday by about 30 mins. That was the ride down. Coming back took over an hour. It was moving at least but averaged 35 mph. Bumper to bumper N bound. Surprisingly though, we didn't see too many fla tags. Yes there were lots of them, but Ga outnumbered them by far. The ride from central fla takes me 8 hrs normally. I'm reading its 24 right now.

I've just been out this morning. Way north Alabama and a lot of vehicles from Florida. That's telling me that the hotels are filling up way north of Florida.

The remnants of this thing are (at the moment) supposed to be here Monday night or Tuesday.

Brent it was the same here in Middle Tennessee yesterday. Took my daughter 15 minutes to drive about 4 blocks. And took me 1 hour for a usual 15 minute drive. I was ready to get home to the woods.

Brent it was the same here in Middle Tennessee yesterday. Took my daughter 15 minutes to drive about 4 blocks. And took me 1 hour for a usual 15 minute drive. I was ready to get home to the woods.

It's pretty bad here around I65...

The state put up a webpage to help people find hotel rooms. Even the dumps are full. Pretty screwed up....

Can't say I'm not pleased with that! I was expecting to be securing everything in the yard tomorrow, but I don't even think I'm going to do anything now. I am thankful.

The weather people are saying we get rain Monday - Thursday....

Means I'm mowing grass tomorrow. And to think I was gonna goof off....

The weather people are saying we get rain Monday - Thursday....

Means I'm mowing grass tomorrow. And to think I was gonna goof off....
Don't be like me, I've goofed off on the grass for so long now that it's about two feet high! I'm thinking at this point that it will wither and die sometime in the winter!

Latest posts

Back