Insanity

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess.

No offense intended, but it still seems like a stretch to go from "please and thank you" to sacrificing your schoolmates to the dark gods and drinking their blood.

I'm totally at a loss.

It's a slippery slope. Please and thank you is the first indicator of teaching respect. That small snowball turns into an avalanche.

Rush Limbaugh said that he was going to catch he'll for saying it, but he was saying that it was time to be getting results of a generation of children who was raised by daycare rather than parents.

Many single parents have no choice, but many times the singleness is by choice.

Also, you have a generation of black Americans that 75%+ are born out of wedlock and there isn't a father figure.
Don't hate the messenger.

The "Question Authority" kids of my generation are now running the schools, corporations, and government.

What did you think would happen???
I believe that questioning authority can be a good thing.

Having something of a Jewish background, the phrase "I was following orders..." does not sit well with me, or work as an excuse for doing things that ones knows are wrong.

I've actually been in this situation as a paramedic, and I don't compromise on my oath or my professional ethics.

When parents abdicate their parental responsibilities to the world of electronics, these are some of the results. Glad they were caught before they could attempt this attack and certainly hope they get the mental help they need. I also hope the parents loose the right and privilege to parent these children.

"Mental help"? I don't see a path for these two to ever rejoin society. Do you want to live next door to one of them?

There was some superb advice I was given years ago. Teach a child obedience to the parents. Then transfer that obedience to Christ, and Christ will follow them throughout their lives.

Where did they come up with this stuff?

Our more local news had a bit more on that. Apparently, the girls had binge-watched a lot of horror movies. Combine that with sleep-deprivation (self-inflicted) and young impressionable minds, that also have a lot of imagination....and well....yikes!

Still, this is just mind-boggling. I suspect some of them likely watched the Columbine documentary too.

Just....wow. Can't even comprehend what's going on with the parents of these girls right now. (and I've got my own tragedy to deal with...but man, the world as I know it is basically just unraveling...) What the heck happened to everyone?

I agree.

I just wonder what has changed since I was younger?

There were single parent families all over the place when I was a kid...there was satanic heavy metal (Iron Maiden, Quiet Riot, and Black Sabbath were popular when I was in high school), we had no end of drugs (although flakka, spice, and bath salts didn't exist back then...but we had PCP and methamphetamine, which I would argue--as a paramedic--are just as bad), and The Satanic Bible was freely available in both the school library and the local public library.

So...what's different today? I don't believe that I'm looking back with rose-colored glasses.

ööööööh,satanic heavy metal??? really?????

I listen to a wide varitey of music,heavy metal included,even those bands mentioned as satanic,so am I supposed now to do some scary rituals??
or do you prefer me to follow the guidelines of some tight ### DC ladies from the late 80's and early 90's,who clearly had some seroius amount of sand
in their crotch and hated all and everything unless it suited their agenda... :rolleyes:

I listen to a wide varitey of music,heavy metal included,even those bands mentioned as satanic,so am I supposed now to do some scary rituals??
or do you prefer me to follow the guidelines of some tight ### DC ladies from the late 80's and early 90's,who clearly had some seroius amount of sand
in their crotch and hated all and everything unless it suited their agenda... :rolleyes:
I like and listen to metal all the time.

I prefer Ozzie, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, and so forth. I also listen to a lot of jazz, and I find it interesting that the White majority viewed jazz music (in the 30s and 40s era) as an evil influence that would corrupt youth with the "colored peoples'" lack of sexual values...and so on.

I think people have free will, and music doesn't change that.

Saw a story today about an 11 year old who killed his grandma, then himself, when told to clean his room.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/05/us/arizona-boy-11-grandmother-shot/index.html

What the hell, man? (though why a gun was in easy reach of an 11 year old....)

At least with my adult son, he had to scheme and search to find the gun he ended his life with (and all the others I have are locked up). I just kept one hidden, and the ammo in a separate hiding spot. So he had to have searched my room over the course of days to find both, as neither were easy to find. (and I'm guessing he just assumed I'd have one, as he didn't KNOW about it...only those locked up). Even then, it was in my locked room (and I have an exterior, not interior lock on it), so he must have gone in it when we were home, but out in the barn, etc.

I tend to blame Dr. Spock, who even admitted his method of child rearing was a mistake, has led to many children not being able to cope with life and disciplinary punishment. Spare the rod does indeed spoil the child. JM2C
I disagree about the corporal punishment thing, but I sense that this is a topic that we may never agree on.

I'm actually a peaceful person, and have always believed that violence in any form is a last resort...especially inside of a family.

When we had a prison contract for EMS services, the common theme that keeps coming up again and again with every hardened criminal is that it begins with parental beatings, and usually drugs and/or alcohol in the house.

I see kids with parents from places like Haiti and Jamaica (where they beat their kids incessantly...it's part of the culture) that don't--as a whole--do well in school.

I don't like the idea of sending a message to a young child that violence is a way to solve problems, and I don't like the idea of kids growing up in an atmosphere of chronic fear.

I completely stopped talking to my family because of issues about emotional abuse, let alone hitting.

Latest posts

Back