I have over 400 cans of tuna on hand

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you eat the can from 2009? That will save me a lot of money if I don't have to replace mine very often since I have roughly 400 cans.

Did you eat the can from 2009? That will save me a lot of money if I don't have to replace mine very often since I have roughly 400 cans.

Hell ya I ate it! How do you think I knew there was no degradation? LOL

As long as the can isn't damaged or showing any signs of anything undesirable (rust, bulging, dents, moisture, etc), and as long as the food smells ok when you open it, then its safe to eat.. the only question is "does it taste fresh"... and my 2009 can's tasted identical to my 2016 cans.

I do have cans of tuna in my pantry that I use on my busy days to make into tuna patties for dinner. That is the only way I will eat it from a can. Think I have around 50 or so cans at one time. I keep an eye out for when stores have their salmon on sale at $1.99 a pound whole. So much cheaper canning it yourself then to get already done for you. Just never see tuna go on a cheap sale like when you can get the cans 2 for $1.

They had tuna at Cub Foods recently for like 69 cents per can. I already have over 400 cans though so probably wouldn't but anymore unless it was like 50 cents per can.

i made the mistake of not getting any tuna on my last shopping trip..which put us below my,keep at least 12 to 15 cans limit..so i need to go out n buy some..we love tuna.but dont eat it that often..

When your canned tuna starts to approach (but not exceed) the expiration date, consider donating it to a church that does food drives and/or a soup kitchen.

You can claim it as a tax write-off, and recoup part of the expense of your prepping.

Consult an accountant, or check online.

All my best,
--Kevin

Latest posts

Back