Must Read I believe a larger disaster is coming. What we must prepare for.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iu

Then boil.

Yes of course, and it is something that concerns me. I do know that many, many people in the city we are closest to rely on mass forms transit and would have no way of traveling to our location an hour away by car. That's not to say that there are not many who do have cars, but if our system has had a hard shut down, wouldn't they also have trouble getting gas? Walking would also be difficult as we're entering the hot and humid season in our state, and those kinds of temperatures have detrimental effects on the human body.

Also, and very sadly, many of those people are proving to be some of the hardest hit by the virus due to the conditions in the areas they live in.

Also, if google isn't working or if power goes out, phones will quickly run out of battery, and so many people rely 100% on their phone for navigation. I would imagine that finding a small town like ours would be very difficult for some people without modern GPS technology.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic (and that's not the appropriate word for this situation at all I realize).

As I'm reading my own post again, I hope I did not paint too gruesome of a picture. This is one of many unlikely hypothetical situations that I am playing out in my own crazy mind right now, so take it with a grain of salt. I realize that there are probably people from all over the country frantically reading these forums and we are already in a heightened enough state as it is, and I do not want to add fuel to the fire.

In my personal opinion, I do believe we will see the other side of this and that by July 4th, we'll be celebrating like we never have before.

For anyone reading this, Rellgar's advice is some of the best I've seen just about anywhere. Grow food and encourage your neighbors to do the same. I for one would love to see grassroots movements all over the country encouraging Americans to do this so they can provide for their families in the event of a food supply disruption. If there is one key takeaway from this for many Americans, I think it is that, "The people who said to prepare were right. Things like this can happen, so maybe we should listen up right now".

Last edited:
I agree 100%. What I see happening within the next few weeks is the government shutting down banks and gas stations in an effort to force everyone to stay home like good little sheep waiting to be slaughtered.
Every time Trump is on tv he always acts like he doesn’t want to override states. He says he wants each state to figure it out for themselves. Why do you think that would quickly change?

There’s no doubt there are some tough things coming. I seriously hope a Religar is over reacting with the above expectations but one thing that stands out to me is don’t stop preparing now. If you think you have enough of everything, just add some more. If we’re wrong here you can donate it to the food bank and do your good deed later on. If we’re right then you won’t regret buying the extra....
Would you buy extra food to last a long time just in case you don’t have money? Or do you think food would be hard to come by with supply chain disruptions?

All Americans should get prepared for:

– Extended power grid outages

– Social chaos, rioting, armed looting, organized “flash mob looters” will hit commercial establishments, pharmacies, grocery stores will be targeted and cleaned out.

– Extreme economic damage, a collapse in both commercial and residential mortgages. Collapse of all investment instruments based on mortgages.

– Food scarcity will increase over next few months, extreme food shortages in certain areas (like eggs), disrupted supply lines.

– Rapid loss of purchasing power of the dollar, as this fiat currency experiences the final blowout stage of bailout insanity. By the time the government is done bailing everybody out, the dollar will be history and the U.S. government as we know it may be shattered. A possible scenario to consider is the Balkanization of America, regional nation-states such as Texas / Oklahoma / Louisiana, or rural Washington / Oregon / North California, forming up as new nations, to run their own banks, currencies, power grids and national defense.

– Any person foolish enough to be left holding dollars when the music stops will lose everything. Dollars will become worthless. Peter Schiff has been right all along.

As a side note, gold and silver are now “unobtanium” as all physical previous metals have disappeared and mines are shutting down in some areas due to the virus. Paper metals are all illusion. Physical price is real price, and gold is about to go to insane levels vs. the dollar as the dollar ultimately collapse in value. It’s pointless to try to express the value of gold in a worthless fiat currency. A better valuation is gold vs. silver ratio, or gold vs. food or rent. How much gold buys a one-year supply of food? How much silver pays for one month of rent? Those are the economics that Americans will soon begin to use for computing value, barter and trade.

If you don’t yet have enough food to prepare for 18 months of mass deaths, lockdowns, riots, economic collapse and food disruptions, you are behind the curve. Try not to stay behind the curve, or you will get overrun by it.

Plant food now. Raise chickens (I’m hatching about 50 new baby chicks over the next 2-3 weeks). Eggs will become currency. Set up local comms. Have backup generators and fuel (I use a PTO generator that can drag behind an old diesel-powered John Deere tractor). Diesel is safe to store, gasoline is not.

Lock and load all firearms. Check sight-ins. Check batteries on red dots. Load all AR mags to 28 rounds. Use expanding tips ammo. Adjust your chest rig for active use. Prepare all your ballistic plates. Clean your Glock and lube the BCG on your AR. If you don’t know what the BCG is, you are already behind the curve. Try to catch up.

Start micro-caching everything. NJ has ordered police to confiscate all medical supplies. They will soon come for your food, ammo and gold. This is no joke. You either hide it or you lose it, in Democrat-run cities. Extra food supplies will be labeled “illegal hoarding.” You will be dragged away and thrown in a coronavirus quarantine death camp run by FEMA, if you are caught with extra supplies in a liberal city. This is a wise time to bug out to flyover America, get away from the Dems. Get to the free states if you can. Over the last ten years, most gun, ammo and magazine manufacturers already moved away from Connecticut, California, New York, etc. All the liberal states have no local production means to fight a civil war, if it comes to that, so they will confiscate everything from local citizens.

Finally, half of America will reject the election outcome this November, no matter what happens. Dems will commit massive vote-by-mail fraud, that’s already in the works. If Trump wins, Dem voters will lose their shit. If Trump loses, patriots will declare the election null and void. There is almost no scenario in which this upcoming election is accepted by the losing side. Civil war is a very real possibility, exacerbated by the coronavirus-induced economic collapse that’s hitting high-density liberal cities especially hard.

hell yeah and on top of all that,,,,,I'M GOING TO RUN OUT OF TOILET PAPER

Every time Trump is on tv he always acts like he doesn’t want to override states. He says he wants each state to figure it out for themselves. Why do you think that would quickly change?
It should be the States making these decisions. Unfortunately I don't think there's many governors left that have a backbone to go against what the Feds and their pet experts recomend.

Would you buy extra food to last a long time just in case you don’t have money? Or do you think food would be hard to come by with supply chain disruptions?
I was more concerned with supply disruptions but it’s also likely that inflation will affect the cost of food as well as not being able to get money out of banks. I say likely, I am merely trying to think of how this could play out and am trying to cover more bases

I was more concerned with supply disruptions but it’s also likely that inflation will affect the cost of food as well as not being able to get money out of banks. I say likely, I am merely trying to think of how this could play out and am trying to cover more bases

Spread your bets and diversify your preps.

The closer you are to a major metropolitan area, the higher the likelihood. Right now, most of the people fleeing the cities are the rich going to summer homes or hunting camps. But when the food runs out in the cities, they will swarm out like rats off a sinking ship.

I am not convinced there will be lots of people leaving the cities other than the wealthy. Normally it works the other way and the poor and starving flee the countryside to the cities. Even in places with massive wars the people didn't flee to the countryside they just migrated to slums in cities. It always puzzled me why the hungry homeless man goes in the city when he could have better picking out in the sticks.

To prove your point, I just traded one dozen eggs for a post hole digger.

Smart, smart lady Robin! You must have more hens than I do. Have finally found the kind I want and ordered them. Couldn’t get them locally, but I’m really picky on the breeds I raise. Doubling the size of my flock.

Latest posts

Back