Hello I am Anne

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even better if you find a cave with a small pool room. Base your entire system around that water supply.

Well anne your plan is quite sound to me. But listen to these other guys and learn from them .they are awesome. Plus while you wait .....why not make a chart with your priortized goals on it. Place it on your mirror where you see it every morning. A d ask yourself every day , will what I'm about to do, bring me closer to my goals or am I gonna waste a day. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Good luck and tell the family hi

Never base any system around one water source. Always have more. What happens if radiation gets into the water your whole plan is based around? If nuclear war is what you fear start by learning about radiation and all the fun that comes with it. Travel lite and develop skills on the move. The only way to beat radiation is to be where its not, and wind currents can really screw things up for you. You can get a geiger counter for your smart phone now. Learn to use it. A bug out to a bug in plan when it comes to radiation can get you killed. Be ready to move even with midgets in tow. I recommend getting a protection breed dog and teaching it to pull a off road wagon, that'll help with the little ones. Something like a Rottie or GSD. Read this site and look up how to's on youtube. I hope I can help you as much as possible.. Marines saved my life more times than I can count. I hope to one day pay them back for their sacrifice...

Roninsensei, Thank you. That is all stuff we need to keep in mind. We were already thinking about getting a Mastiff or two when we move into a house. Dogs are not allowed in our apartment. I never thought about teaching them to pull carts though. We are basing our main plan on the Shelter, but we are discussing what to do if we have to move.

Dogs are allowed if they are assistance dogs, look up the state definition for your state. California's quite liberal on the definition of a assistance dog. Any animal that makes you "feel comfortable and safe" qualifies. If its the same for you then let the apartment know your getting an assistance dog. Legally they can't even ask why without violating your right to privacy.

Here in Vermont you have to have a disability to have a service dog. We are currently living in veteran temporary housing so we are under constant watch. And if my husband tried to get a service dog, it could make his military career difficult. (I did just look up the service dog laws here in Vermont)

In section 355, subsection (a), item 2 of these laws you will find the following definition: “A guide dog means a dog whose status is reasonably identifiable individually trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability for purposes of guiding an individual with impaired vision, alerting an individual with impaired hearing to the presence of people or sounds, assisting an individual during a seizure, pulling a wheelchair, retrieving items, providing physical support and assistance with balance and stability, and assisting with navigation.”

howdy and welcome to the group.nuclear war is a big concern these days..i did a a web search of nuclear power plants in the usa.yall have more of them to worry about then i do here in texas..so you might keep that in mind. if yall look for property to bug out to..im just over 164 miles from the nearest to me.but im concerned about that.yall might take 1 day short to long road trips with the kids to get them use to that..and of course camp outs and any thing else the 2 of think is important for them to get too.that way they'll have less issues when it comes to bugging out.games storys toys and any thing else that'll keep them ocupied dureing the trip and when yalll get there.

Welcome aboard ! How awesome is this group of people. Everyone has their niche so all you have to do is ask.

Jim, thank you for your advice. We do need to get the kids used to camping. Long road trips are easy though. I am from NC and my husband from here in VT. Before we moved here we made the trip to visit his family, then again to move up here. My Spawn are fairly good travelers. I think it is best to probably be prepared for just about anything. And thank you for the welcome Colt 1911

Latest posts

Back