Hello I am Anne

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne K

Reaction score
My name is Anne. I am a wife and mother of 4 young children. We live in Western Vermont. I am new to prepping. I know I need to do something, but my husband and I are at a loss at where to start. We currently live in a small apartment, but are trying to buy a home in the next year. I want to do everything I can to protect my family.

Hi Anne and welcome to the site .Being in the position you are in money will be tight, its gonna be a case of buying a little extra each time you go shopping. Many of the people on this site have been prepping for a while and will be able to give you all the help and advice you need.

Thank you Mike. We will need the advice. My husband is a former Marine, and now Army National Guard, so he has survival skills he can teach me and the kids. We were thinking of digging in and going underground here in VT.

My name is Anne. I am a wife and mother of 4 young children. We live in Western Vermont. I am new to prepping. I know I need to do something, but my husband and I are at a loss at where to start. We currently live in a small apartment, but are trying to buy a home in the next year. I want to do everything I can to protect my family.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the forum Anne. Mike is right, start by simply buying extra goods at the market and start storing water. Read through here and you'll find a lot of good information. Very few of us are wealthy so we know all about prepping on the budget.

Welcome Anne and thank you for you and your husbands sacrifice. These guys will get you off on the right track. Remember weigh your priorities that way your investments go to the max...it stinks when you have the best survival knife in the world and no supper.
PS have fun doing it. The lack of funds makes the creative side excellent..can't wait to read your posts.
See ya

Welcome Anne from south La. I know you'll are not lucky enough to live in La. but all us guys from down here are willing to help in any way we can. Like was said before, ther are alot of members here willing to help in any way we can. Old_Anorak is the bomb when it comes to gardening and really anything you need to know about selfsufficent living. Whatever you need to know, just ask. Oh, do you plan on buying in the city or in the country?

We are planning on buying in a city. Here in Vt the bigger houses like we need sell for 400,000 and up out in the country. We found a nice fixer upper in a good neighborhood with great schools. My husband and I have also talked about buying a small piece of "uninhabitable" mountain land and starting our shelter there.

we would try to keep it within a hours drive from the house. Again, we have 4 small children, 6, 4, 2, and 10 months, we would have to find a place to stay put. Traveling with such young children will only attract attention.

We are thinking a hydroponic garden underground, that way no matter what we will always have food. We are also thinking chickens and a few goats would be a good idea if we can expand out far enough underground.

The war that will end the world will be a war over religion. We are fighting this war now. It is only a matter of time before one country gets pissed off enough to fire the first missile. Shit will just hit the fan after that.

My husband is hoping to most of the digging himself. Keep the cost down and slowly save up to buy the expensive supplies we need.

Do you really think bin layedown would have used nukes if he had had them.
PS great job with the children. That's an asset not a handycapp like most believe

Bin layedown (lol) was a terrorist. I think if he had them he would have used them. And thank you about the kids. Start early and you have all the help you need to tend garden, animals, and other basic needs.

Latest posts

Back