Gardens 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got all my tomatoes and peppers stakes put out and they got tied if needed. I still have some that are less than a foot tall so not really concerned with those yet. Wanted stakes in place now because I don't want to hurt their root system placing them later on. Sunday morning we are supposed to get some really bad storms move thru so wanted to get that all finished up by today. Lows will be down to 46 F. Today has been overcast and winds have really picked up.

Some of my tomatoes and peppers have blooms now but not too many yet. My butternut and spaghetti squash are just about big enough to start training up the trellis. Hoping after these next few days of rain it will be.

We will have those storms Sunday night and Monday morning. Looking forwards to the rain at least. I was sore from all the work I’ve been doing around here so pretty much was a bum today. The only productive thing I’ve done was to water everything and set out some potatoes. I only planted one row but had to get them in the ground or throw them in the compost bin. It’s a shame to waste such a perfect weather day but my body is saying I needed to rest.

Oh, don’t remember if I mentioned this earlier but I was pulling some vines while transplanting some blackberries. I didn’t go get the gloves and ended up getting poison Ivey on both hands. The web between my fingers itch like crazy! I called my doctor and he didn’t want to put me on prednisone as it lowers immunity and this isn’t a good time for that. He gave me a topical steroidal cream but the moral of this story is protect yourself! I know what poison ivy is se vines were something else. Likely poison oak or sumac maybe. With no leaves on it I’m not sure what it was honestly.

I have an automatic warning system that activates whenever poison ivy is in visual range, LOL.

I have a good bit of it in the yard. It was taking over part of the yard a number of years ago, and I got aggressive with Round-Up and killed it all, but also killed two oak trees in the process. It's slowly been coming back.

I have an automatic warning system that activates whenever poison ivy is in visual range, LOL.

I have a good bit of it in the yard. It was taking over part of the yard a number of years ago, and I got aggressive with Round-Up and killed it all, but also killed two oak trees in the process. It's slowly been coming back.
Yeah, I’ve had enough run ins with it that I recognize it quickly now too. I guess I need to learn sumac and oak now too!

Well so much for the severe thunderstorms. . . They all went north of us. We have gotten the high winds though. Right now, I am watering. . . . :rolleyes:

We got the storms and the winds. Wind is whipping outside, lights flickering, Rain hitting the windows. It's gonna be a downright nasty night.

The main body of the front will pass us by to the North. But there is this "tail" hanging down, a band of heavy rain no more than ten miles wide, that is supposed to rapidly blow through here around 3 am. Brent, the upper part of that tail which is wider looks like it will blow through North Georgia around 1 am.

The main body of the front will pass us by to the North. But there is this "tail" hanging down, a band of heavy rain no more than ten miles wide, that is supposed to rapidly blow through here around 3 am. Brent, the upper part of that tail which is wider looks like it will blow through North Georgia around 1 am.
I didn’t wake up at 3am to see the band pass over but at least everything is wet this morning. Am grateful for everything getting watered without me moving hoses around.

There was more to these storms than I thought. Nothing damaged here at home but my wife said it was like a Hurricane for 20mins or so. There are trees down all over the area 18 people dead from the tornados so far. In multiple states. Greatful for what we didn’t get.

I went out and looked around. No trees or power lines down around here that I could tell, but we apparently did have some strong winds.

I can usually tell how much wind we had by how many of these are in the front yard:

7l6b2Wr.jpg

I went out and looked around. No trees or power lines down around here that I could tell, but we apparently did have some strong winds.

I can usually tell how much wind we had by how many of these are in the front yard:

7l6b2Wr.jpg
Glad to hear this is the extent of your storm damage. just a few counties over off Hwy 74 there's a house in the road

Latest posts

Back