EDC Reminder aide memoir

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
EDC (Every Day Carry) REMINDER Aide Memoir

Just remember that in these very troubled times we need to be ever more vigilant, aware and SUITABLY EQUIPPED, Which means ensuring our EDC gear is up to date.

One very important aspect during these times of violence, riots, protests, pandemic to remember your MOST ESSENTIAL EDC items must go ON or ABOUT your person and NOT in bags / packs.

The absolute essential gear you need to keep you safe and get you home MUST be in pockets, worn on belts, around the neck etc, not in a bag you could be separated from.

So items such as (Don't be caught without)

House / Vehicle Keys

Wallet / Purse

PDW

Shades – Eye Glasses

Knife

Cell Phone

Lighter

Script Meds

ETC need to be ON YOUR PERSON.

Other IMPORTANT EDC essentials you can consider are (Good to have)

Face Mask

Disposable Gloves

Hat

Flashlight (on person after dark)

F.A.K

Compass

Watch

Sharpener

Multi tool

Notebook and Pen

Spare Mag

And the other items you normally carry around with you during your working day

Change of clothing

Tools

Rations

Water

Professional Equipment

ETC

Last edited:
I wish I could carry so much stuff in my pockets. But for some reason it's very hard to find lady's clothes with any kind of useful pockets that can hold much more than a single key or card. I have a backpack I carry pretty much at all times, it's at my feet at my desk at work almost always in arms reach.

I wish I could carry so much stuff in my pockets. But for some reason it's very hard to find lady's clothes with any kind of useful pockets that can hold much more than a single key or card. I have a backpack I carry pretty much at all times, it's at my feet at my desk at work almost always in arms reach.
I miss about 10 years ago when women could actually find cargo pants and capris. . . it may have been longer but I could carry quite a bit in those pockets but unfortunately they have all seen there better days now. I would normally get a tare in the front left area due to all the shovel I do with wood chip mulch and the back left pocket were I had my phone..

EDC (Every Day Carry) REMINDER Aide Memoir

Just remember that in these very troubled times we need to be ever more vigilant, aware and SUITABLY EQUIPPED, Which means ensuring our EDC gear is up to date.

One very important aspect during these times of violence, riots, protests, pandemic to remember your MOST ESSENTIAL EDC items must go ON or ABOUT your person and NOT in bags / packs.

The absolute essential gear you need to keep you safe and get you home MUST be in pockets, worn on belts, around the neck etc, not in a bag you could be separated from.

So items such as (Don't be caught without)

House / Vehicle Keys

Wallet / Purse

PDW

Shades – Eye Glasses

Knife

Cell Phone

Lighter

Script Meds

ETC need to be ON YOUR PERSON.

Other IMPORTANT EDC essentials you can consider are (Good to have)

Face Mask

Disposable Gloves

Hat

Flashlight (on person after dark)

F.A.K

Compass

Watch

Sharpener

Multi tool

Notebook and Pen

Spare Mag

And the other items you normally carry around with you during your working day

Change of clothing

Tools

Rations

Water

Professional Equipment

ETC

that is to much stuff,,,what you must have,well at least me,my 45ACP 3 extra mags,if I am going into a hot zone my AR 15 with all my 30 rd mags loaded and a knife,,,combination of ammo nearing 200 rds
and my heavy walking stick,,,,any where I go I can walk home in 24 hours at the most,,,,with all that extra gear I would have to ditch the damned stuff in the first mile

Good call on the backpack, but have you considered a camera case?

There are sturdy ballistic nylon zipper camera pouches that can be worn on the belt.

I have one, and it doesn't look inappropriate and/or out of place.

I get mine at Walmart, but Target has them. You can pick them up very cheaply at a thrift shop.

My little camera pouch has a Leatherman multitool, a cigarette lighter, a compass, a folding tactical knife, a tube of antibiotic ointment, paracord, a small "survival-type" straw water filter, a flashlight, needles and thread, lockpicks, a magnifying glass, and bunches of other stuff.

If you choose carefully, you can carry a tremendous variety of stuff between a small camera pouch and your pockets.

You don't need to look like Batman with his utility belt.

Had to ask my wife who makes hers.
5.11, dickies, lee, carhartt makes women's cargo pants. She also has arctix but y'all wouldn't use those for the South.
I normally buy local but I got a notice today that said my credit card is going to cut off my account since I havent used. . . Guess it is time to do some online ordering. :)

I can not speak for any of the rest of you but only 2 days out of the month do I venture more than 30 miles in a day,,,,even at 64 I can walk that far in a day,,,,, now if the world was to suddenly become a war zone I would never be more than a couple miles from home,going further would be to much of a risk

EDC is normally the stuff you carry on your person every day.
I have a GHB which is a very small bag with a shoulder strap that can be carried hidden underneath a coat or jacket, this has enough stuff in it to get me home if I have to ditch the car for any reason, this carries only the basics as I don't want to be carrying too much weight, the idea is to get home as quickly as possible NOT go on a route march with a large pack.

Come on Kate / Ladies where there is a will there is a way, we are only taking about the ABSOLUTE ESSENTIALS you need to get you home from the Mall / Work/ Gym/ Office etc, which I have now changed to RED coloured texted.

Think about
NICE LIGHT STYLISH LADIES JACKET with extra pockets added inside
Knife on neck chain
Keys on belt clip
Shades on head
Tiny " fanny" pack
Inside pants / skirt holster with say a 22 or 25 compact pistol

Learn to modify your fashion clothing, EG look at the US secret service gals and how they dress but stilll carry

Come on Kate switch on. This is whats happening in US towns now

I miss about 10 years ago when women could actually find cargo pants and capris. . . it may have been longer but I could carry quite a bit in those pockets but unfortunately they have all seen there better days now. I would normally get a tare in the front left area due to all the shovel I do with wood chip mulch and the back left pocket were I had my phone..

Do what my wife does, get MENS cargos etc and tailor them.

I can not speak for any of the rest of you but only 2 days out of the month do I venture more than 30 miles in a day,,,,even at 64 I can walk that far in a day,,,,, now if the world was to suddenly become a war zone I would never be more than a couple miles from home,going further would be to much of a risk

And on one of those two days when you venture than 30 miles and you come out of where ever you have been and all hell lets loose? WE have to consider SODS LAW, What can go wrong WILL.

once every two weeks we go supermarket food shopping- maximum 25 miles each way- bear in mind this is a rural area not an urban area, people behave themselves out here and social distancing is the norm now. there are several ways I can return home not just the obvious main route.
the rest of the time we are within a couple of miles of home.

And on one of those two days when you venture than 30 miles and you come out of where ever you have been and all hell lets loose? WE have to consider SODS LAW, What can go wrong WILL.

I have my 45 and my AR15 plus 200 rds of ammo,,,,,it will be a bad day for anyone who gets in my way

you have to remember my location,I am 60 miles away from any possible hot spots,125 miles away from Little Rock or Memphis,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in my normal areas that I travel all the minority's are surrounded by redneck hillbilly's with guns that know how to use them,,,,,,,,,,,I would say short of a insane person I am pretty safe here

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back