EBOLA/ATLANTA-CDC Issues Level 1 Activation

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I am worried. They keep telling us it is not airborne, but it has been proven to be so by Canadian researchers. This article is 2 years old.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-20341423
The fact that Ebola is a Zoonotic disease. We are lacking the proof that it is airborne. That is what the Doctors are telling us. It has been proven that it can be passed from animal to animal, that we know. Yet the definition of Zoonotic states it can be passed to humans from contact with animals. That's the part that hanging the Doctors up.
I wouldn't hide quite yet. The virus can stay alive 3 days outside of a host. Then incubation period ranges from 2 to 21 days. The people they brought here aren't here long enough for anyone to show signs that it has escaped. There are no new cases in Atlanta or the US that I know of. The person in New York proved Negative for Ebola. That's just my take. It is a good time to stock up, get masks, but I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. Flu season may get a little dicey. Lets see what the World Health Organization comes up with.

That's the real danger of this disease though. Because the primary early symptoms are the flu, people don't go to the doc for it, so by the time the real severe symptoms start, may be too late. The only good news is that it seems difficult to spread (so they say), but the rates in Africa would seem to indicate otherwise. Mostly, the cultural differences are likely the real reason behind why it is spreading so fast there (i.e. keeping a sick one at home vs. a treatment center, etc.).

a lot of good/great points have been made here.i not only believe that it can be transmitted..but that there's to much to leave to chance when it comes to the possibilities of it being airborne..and even that aint a chance i want to take..which means i WILL get my mom and me the needed mask once i have the money to do so...my problem right now..is having to go shopping and/or what ever before i get them..better safe now,then sorry later on when it comes to safety n all...

Latest posts

Back