Over 60s told to NOT use public transport or join crowds

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
Common sense instead of denial at last !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...d-Health-Organisation-elderly-virus-infection

PEOPLE aged over 60 are being advised to avoid crowded areas and public transport over coronavirus fears as the deadly infection continues to spread around the world.

The dramatic warning was issued by the World Health Organisation (WTO). WTO director general Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus told a press conference on Thursday that coronavirus could become a worldwide pandemic, but insisted it is not yet at that stage.

He commented: “We are on the highest level of alert and highest level in terms of spread and of impact. But that is not in order to alarm or scare people.

“People need to take a reality check now and really understand an all-of-government, an all-of-society approach is needed.”

The WTO has since raised the coronavirus threat level for the entire world to “very high”, the point China has been on for some time.

This is the highest possible danger level available to the WTO.

Although I'm on the agnostic side . . . I'm not an Atheist.

My point is that I sometimes volunteer in soup kitchens. Is this something I should give up precisely when I would be needed the most? Regardless of your faith, I would find this course of action to be shitty and cowardly.

When does being a human end and self-preservation begin?

I'm 53, and surprisingly healthy. I get vaccinated. I don't drink or smoke, I don't eat gluten or dairy . . . yet I question how (or if) I could bounce back from the novel corona virus . . . at least like in my younger years, and I'd have to say "no".

53 is a lot different than 23. Take my word on this, as I hereby swear by existence of every aching joint when the weather changes.

My point is that I sometimes volunteer in soup kitchens. Is this something I should give up precisely when I would be needed the most? Regardless of your faith, I would find this course of action to be shitty and cowardly.

I'm 53, and surprisingly healthy. I get vaccinated. I don't drink or smoke, I don't eat gluten or dairy . . . yet I question how (or if) I could bounce back from the novel corona virus . . . at least like in my younger years, and I'd have to say "no".

53 is a lot different than 23. Take my word on this, as I hereby swear by existence of every aching joint when the weather changes.

Check with doctor and have your immune system verified. Then do what is best for you. Better to duck out now and then be able to help for a few more decades. Hollow jester now or long term assistance to those that need help. You are not God, so your help is not going to change the course of future. Just my 2 cents.

OK Keven CHOOSE who you will try to protect your immediate loved ones or the folks at the soup kitchen, thats what it comes down to cos the folks at the soup kitchen are likely to be at much higher risk of carrying and spreading disease thus putting you at greater risk.

Latest posts

Back